Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boat Club Forums > Ft Myers Offshore
Information Thread - FMO - Oct. 10, 2009  Fun Run to Naples Bay Resort & Keewaydin >

Information Thread - FMO - Oct. 10, 2009 Fun Run to Naples Bay Resort & Keewaydin

Notices

Information Thread - FMO - Oct. 10, 2009 Fun Run to Naples Bay Resort & Keewaydin

Old 10-09-2009, 02:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dont miss this one,weather
is perfect.See every one
tomarrow.
Rick
Old 10-09-2009, 07:18 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

A few pics out of my archives of Keewaydin Beach for those that are not familiar with it. After lunch we will hang out here for a bit. Most just slide up on the beach but you can also anchor out.

Bob
Attached Thumbnails Information Thread - FMO - Oct. 10, 2009  Fun Run to Naples Bay Resort & Keewaydin-fl-april-070018.jpg   Information Thread - FMO - Oct. 10, 2009  Fun Run to Naples Bay Resort & Keewaydin-fl-april-070017.jpg   Information Thread - FMO - Oct. 10, 2009  Fun Run to Naples Bay Resort & Keewaydin-fl-april-070019.jpg  

Information Thread - FMO - Oct. 10, 2009  Fun Run to Naples Bay Resort & Keewaydin-keywayden-4-medium-.jpg   Information Thread - FMO - Oct. 10, 2009  Fun Run to Naples Bay Resort & Keewaydin-keywayden-2.jpg  
Old 10-09-2009, 07:30 PM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

Just finished changing gear oil. All ready for tomorrow! See you all at the bridge at 11am!
Old 10-09-2009, 07:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a great time. maybe one day I will join you guys. Bob I saw your boat today going down Del Prado. What a beautiful boat. Cmon lotto gotta get me a Not Tech. Have a great day..
Old 10-09-2009, 07:51 PM
Registered

Does any one have the way point to Key Waden? Thanks.
Old 10-09-2009, 08:05 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by dennis1009
Sounds like a great time. maybe one day I will join you guys. Bob I saw your boat today going down Del Prado. What a beautiful boat. Cmon lotto gotta get me a Not Tech. Have a great day..
Hello Dennis and thanks. You are welcome to join us anytime. When you saw the boat on Del Prado today, Nor Tech was delivering it to the ramp at the CC Yacht Club. I launched there then met some friends at Rumrunners for lunch before heading down to Marco. Gulf was great.
Old 10-09-2009, 08:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
Hello Dennis and thanks. You are welcome to join us anytime. When you saw the boat on Del Prado today, Nor Tech was delivering it to the ramp at the CC Yacht Club. I launched there then met some friends at Rumrunners for lunch before heading down to Marco. Gulf was great.
Have you ever launched at the new ramp off of 24th st? very very nice. and the beauty is no one really knows about it. The ramp is brand new with two double sized ramps with a very slight slope. I will be out tomorrow but we only have a few hours to play around. but for sure next time. we really want to check out KeeWaydin. I am also going to join FMO seems like a great group of people with good intensions. have a great day.

Last edited by dennis1009; 10-09-2009 at 08:19 PM.
Old 10-09-2009, 08:19 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Default Video

Just an idea to share for tomorrows run if we can try this. I am wondering if the lead boats can stop in front of the Ritz Carlton maybe a half mile off the beach and wait for the back of the pack to catch up? We can then run down to Gordon Pass in a pack, about a mile off the beach. If the wave action makes you uncomfortable, then just go on ahead to Gordon Pass and in.
Dan Davies in his 38 CC Fountain is going to be just off the Naples pier and will video tape all the boats as we go by. Please keep a safe distance from Dan and do not go between his boat and the pier. Thought it might be worth a try.
Bob
Old 10-09-2009, 08:27 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Have you ever launched at the new ramp off of 24th st? very very nice. and the beauty is no one really knows about it. The ramp is brand new with two double sized ramps with a very slight slope. I will be out tomorrow but we only have a few hours to play around. but for sure next time. we really want to check out KeeWaydin. I am also going to join FMO seems like a great group of people with good intensions. have a great day.
I'm not familiar with the ramp you mention, Dennis but need to check it out. Nor Tech has not mentioned it either. If it is further up the river and puts me into another idle zone it may not work. From the Yacht Club, I only have to idle thru the Miserable Mile.

Here is a link to our website. It has a down loadable application form. www.ftmyersoffshore.org Not too hard to get your money's worth and very satisfying with our charity component.

I will post some Google pics of Keewaydin so you know where it is. Do not approach from the Gulf side !! Best access is from the Intra Coastal.
Old 10-09-2009, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

That is a great ramp and I do all my diesel testing out of that ramp. It is really shallow though and would be hard to launch a boat over 30ft.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.