Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Ft Myers Offshore (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/ft-myers-offshore-186/)
-   -   Info Thread / Roll Call for October 23, 2010 Fun Run to Naples Bay Resort (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/ft-myers-offshore/240760-info-thread-roll-call-october-23-2010-fun-run-naples-bay-resort.html)

Bobthebuilder 10-13-2010 10:32 PM

Info Thread / Roll Call for October 23, 2010 Fun Run to Naples Bay Resort

Oct. 23Rd, 2010 Fun Run to Naples Bay Resort, Naples, FL

Welcome to our season opening fun run. Participating boats should assemble at the south side of the Sanibel Bridge for an 11:00 AM departure for Naples. We will be going to Naples Bay Resort, where we will participate in the Naples Stone Crab Festival. Here is a link to some information on the Festival: http://www.explorenaples.com/brochur...?memberno=1716
Club secretary, Tom Cullen has arranged with Naples Bay Resort to receive our fleet of boats which will be on display for visitors to the Stone Crab Festival to enjoy. Thank you Tom (OSO megabyte*3).

If you are able to join us, please post up here on OSO on either this thread or e mail me at bobthebuilder(at)rogers.blackberry.net. Also since this is a sanctioned club event we ask that you complete your membership application by going to www.ftmyersoffshore.org if you have not already done so.
If your boat is down for service or repair and you feel like driving to NBR and joining us for lunch, FMO club members are most welcome to do so. The address is: 1500 5th Ave; South, Naples. Remember, an FMO social membership is only $35.00 and boaters membership is $60 and covers the family. It is always very social and a good time.

Route: From the Sanibel Bridge we will run straight shot south to Naples and into Naples Bay via Gordon Pass. While we will spread out on the Gulf, we should probably re group just outside Gordon Pass and enter the ICW / Naples Bay together in single file behind the paceboat. We will have a boat parade approaching Naples as we pass by the City Docks, Pinchers Crab Shack, Tin City under the US 41 and past Bayfront before proceeding to our dockage at Naples Bay Resort.

Lunch: Rather than the usual sit down lunch there will be food tents set up by the various participating merchants / restaurants where we can purchase the foods of our choice at the Stone Crab Festival. Feel free to walk around a sample the various fare.

After Lunch: While the officially sanctioned run ends at Naples Bay Resort, a number of boats will go over to the beach at Keewaydin Island after lunch, probably around 2:30 PM. All are welcome. A great chance for our group to socialize and go for a swim.

Fuel / Distance: From the Sanibel Bridge to Gordon Pass it is about 30 miles each way. It is about another 8 miles up the Bay to Naples Bay Resort. If going down to Keewaydin Island is in your plans, that is about 15 miles south of NBR.
Most vessels will have sufficient range for this run if they are full of fuel at the start.
90 octane fuel is available at Hamilton Harbor which I believe is ethanol free.
Communications: Inter boat communication to be on VHF channel 72. Also My cell is 239-776-0481. Anyone dropping out after the start should let me know so we do not spend time waiting or looking for you. Leave a voice mail if no answer.

Pictures: Jay (OSO / FMO Jayboat) will be aboard Team PREDATOR, so make sure you come alongside for some great running shots of your boat as we head south to Naples. They will be posted on the OSO forum and eventually our website, after the run.

Tide Info:

Cape Coral ( Bridge): HT- 2:48 AM; LT- 11:04 AM; HT- 5:09 PM
Sanibel Bridge: LT- 7:43 AM; HT- 2:53 PM; LT- 6:45 PM
Naples Bay (north end) : LT- 8:04 AM; HT- 2:13 PM; LT- 8:02 PM
Marco Island: LT- 7:50 AM; HT- 2:17 PM; LT- 7:56 PM

Way-points:

Sanibel Bridge: N 26 29 00; W 82 00 88
Naples (Gordon Pass): N 26 05 50; W 81 48 67

Weather / Sea Conditions: To be posted 5 days prior to the event and updated daily. Referencing:

NOAA Weather: http://forecast.weather.gov/shmrn.ph...656&syn=gmz606

The Weather Channel: http://www.weather.com/weather/today/Naples+FL+USFL0338

Safety: Each boat Captain is required to operate his / her vessel in a safe manner and is responsible for the safety of the crew and their safety. Familiarize yourself with BSAFE ( Boating Safety Association for Events ). Visit www.boatingsafe.org

Contact info: Bob cell: 239-776-0481. E mail: bobthebuilder(at)rogers.blackberry.net

Bobthebuilder 10-13-2010 10:33 PM

Club Sponsors: Ft. Myers Offshore would like to recognize it's corporate sponsors for helping make these events possible and their contribution to our club and the student scholarship fund:

A-1 Fuel - Serving SW Florida with all types and grades of fuel delivered to your boat dock or construction site Phone: 239 246 4777 Contact: Mike or Karen

B & C Shutters and Awnings, Ft. Myers - Hurricane protection Phone:239 738 6200 Website:http://www.bcshuttersplus.com/ Contact: Bob Martin

DoubleR Performance, ON, Canada - Nor Tech dealer and various used boat sales and Certified Mercury parts and service - Phone: 705 487 7575 Website: http://www.doublerperformance.com/ Contact: Peter Roberts

IBR Realty, Marco Island / Naples - Real Estate Sales Phone:239 389 1711 Website:http://www.ibrbrokerage.com/ Contact: Hans Haedelt

Nor Tech Boats, North Ft. Myers - Custom boat builder / sales and service Phone: 239 994 9470 Website:http://www.nor-techboats.com/ Contact: Terry Sobo

NaplesImage.com , Naples - Sports photography Phone: 941 276 5650 Website: www.naplesimage.com Contact: Jay Nichols

Sunmaster of Naples, Inc. - Storm / security shutters; ornamental metal; custom canvas Phone: 239 261 3581 Website: http://www.sunmasterinc.com/ Contact: JohnWilkinson

Speedwear Designz - Sports and corporate apparel. Phone 909 476 8137 Website:http://www.speedwear.com/ Contact: Dave Thomas

Cobra Power – High performance marine engines, drives, transmissions and custom rigging. Phone: 305 893 5018 Website: http://www.CobraPower.com/ Contact: Randy Garciga

Cedar Bay Yacht Club – Marco Island, rack storage, marine mechanics, fuel, boat rentals. Phone: 239 394 9333 Website: http://www.cedarbayyachtclub.com/ Contact: Pam Watson

Shogren Performance Marine, New & used boat sales and service. Phone: 847 336 9037 Dealer for Nor Tech, Fountain and Sunsation Boats. Website: http://www.teamshogren.com/ Contact: Scott Shogren

Maritime_Eng 10-14-2010 07:27 AM

Sounds like another great FMO trip. Amanda and I are all ready to go!

Bobthebuilder 10-14-2010 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by Maritime_Eng (Post 3230144)
Sounds like another great FMO trip. Amanda and I are all ready to go!

It will be great to see you again, Don and Amanda. I am aware of 4 others at this time and will pass that along to Frank who will post a list of who is coming. Hoping for 10 boats or so for this event as many boats have yet to arrive from the north. The T'giving run is shaping up to be a big one.
Bob

Bobthebuilder 10-14-2010 09:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
More complete information on the Stone Crab Festival can be found here: http://www.stonecrabfestival.org/events.php

It looks like it has been a well planned event and I am looking forward to it. Should be fun.

Bob

AppSysCons 10-14-2010 10:52 AM

Revised boat list

see below

fountainsue 10-14-2010 01:13 PM

Hi Bob
Paul and Susan will be there in our thongs!
32Ft RENEGADE
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Thong sandal's of course.

Bobthebuilder 10-14-2010 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by fountainsue (Post 3230420)
Hi Bob
Paul and Susan will be there in our thongs!
32Ft RENEGADE
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Thong sandal's of course.

He, he. Susan can wear hers but better leave your thong at home Paul ! LOL You can wear the sandals.
Frank will add you to the list as well as your friends Ross and Barb in their new Renegade.
Shaping up nicely.
See you soon,
Bob

AppSysCons 10-14-2010 01:37 PM

Updated boat list

see below

bajarick 10-14-2010 05:33 PM

See everyone on saturday.
Rick :boat:

US MUSL 10-14-2010 07:53 PM

Counting down the days, see everyone the 23rd.

Jack

Bobthebuilder 10-14-2010 08:45 PM

Nice. It will be great getting together with you Jack and Baja Rick as well. We appreciate your support. I hope everyone has had a great summer.

AppSysCons 10-14-2010 10:33 PM

Revised boat list

see below

peterj 10-15-2010 07:47 AM

We'll be there! Pete

Bobthebuilder 10-15-2010 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by peterj (Post 3231058)
We'll be there! Pete

Great Peter. 9 boats and counting. :) Also got an e mail from new FMO board member Jay Forbes. Jay's boat is at Nor Tech getting some work done on it and will join us by water if ready and by road if more time is needed for repairs. In any case we look forward to seeing both Peter and Jay on the 23 rd.

AppSysCons 10-15-2010 10:58 AM

Updated boat list

see below

Maritime_Eng 10-15-2010 11:00 AM

Another possible will be Scott Long from Cape Coral, 32 Fountain.

AppSysCons 10-15-2010 04:39 PM

Updated list

see below

Bobthebuilder 10-16-2010 12:44 PM

Long range weather for next weekend

Curiosity got the better of me and I took a peek at next weekends weather. Nothing but sunshine for Saturday and perfect temps for boating !! I love Florida at this time of year.
I will continue to watch the weather and update as we get closer or if any significant change in the forecast.

Sat
Oct 23

Sunny
H 84° L 68° POP 10%

Sun
Oct 24

Mostly Sunny
H 85° L 68° POP 20%

AppSysCons 10-16-2010 03:08 PM

Updated boat list

see below

Bobthebuilder 10-17-2010 04:00 PM

Naples / Collier County - US Marine "Toys for Tots" 2010 Campaign

We have been contacted by Mr Joe Johnston, co ordinator for the Naples / Collier County chapter of the Marine Corps " Toys for Tots" campaign. He is aware of our October 23rd run to Naples Bay Resort / Stone Crab Festival and we are invited to bring along new, unwrapped toys to help with their campaign. I have polled the FMO board members and can tell you that Ft Myers Offshore is fully supportive of this endeavour and extends this invitation to you to participate. Mr Johnston will have a couple of Marines at Naples Bay Resort to collect the toys. I apologize for the short notice, however this came up very fast. We feel there is still sufficient time to help the kids and would like to do what we can for them.
Here is a link to the Naples chapter of "Marines Toys for Tots Foundation". http://naples-fl.toysfortots.org/loc...es/default.asp

Thank you for your consideration.

The Board of Ft. Myers Offshore, Inc.

Bob, Dan, Tom, Hans, John, Joe and Jay

bajarick 10-18-2010 07:25 AM

Bob will they take a check or toys only ?
some may not have time to shop that are
flying in for the run the day before.
Rick

Bobthebuilder 10-18-2010 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by bajarick (Post 3232820)
Bob will they take a check or toys only ?
some may not have time to shop that are
flying in for the run the day before.
Rick

A check will be fine Rick. Very thoughtful. Checks should be made out to: "Marine Toys for Tots Foundation".

Rodney 10-18-2010 10:19 AM

Bob,

Rodney 353 Formula

Bob,
I will be attending the first part of run.
I will have on board 5-6.
I will have von board the Head Womans coach from STETSON and she has to get back to game with FGCU.
I will participate as much of event as time will alllow.

Rodney

Bobthebuilder 10-18-2010 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Rodney (Post 3232980)
Bob,

Rodney 353 Formula

Bob,
I will be attending the first part of run.
I will have on board 5-6.
I will have von board the Head Womans coach from STETSON and she has to get back to game with FGCU.
I will participate as much of event as time will alllow.

Rodney

I understand Rodney and feel free to break away when you feel you need to leave. If we do some rafting, we will make sure you are on the outside and not locked in. It will be great to see you and the Formula again.

AppSysCons 10-18-2010 11:13 AM

Updated boat list

see below

Velocity Tom 10-18-2010 05:36 PM

Im in 38 fountain

Bobthebuilder 10-18-2010 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Velocity Tom (Post 3233312)
Im in 38 fountain

Look forward to seeing you Saturday, Tom.

AppSysCons 10-19-2010 09:20 AM

Updated boat list

see below

Bobthebuilder 10-19-2010 06:01 PM

Got a call from Frank Rickardeli, Sarasota / Useppa Island / New Jersey. ( Frank has more houses than I have shoes ! LOL ) He and Millie will be attending in their 50 Ft Vee bottom diesel Nor Tech.

AppSysCons 10-19-2010 07:04 PM

Updated boat list

see below

Bobthebuilder 10-19-2010 07:39 PM

Saturday Weather Update

THE WEATHER CHANNEL:

Mostly Sunny High 86°F

Precip 10% Wind: from E at 7 mph

Humidity: 69% UV Index: 8 Very High

Sunrise: 7:31 AM ET Avg. High: 86°F

Record High: 92°F (2002)

NOAA Marine Weather

GMZ656-657-200715-
COASTAL WATERS FROM CHOKOLOSKEE TO BONITA BEACH, FL OUT 20 NM-
COASTAL WATERS FROM EAST CAPE SABLE TO CHOKOLOSKEE, FL OUT 20 NM-
243 PM EDT TUE OCT 19 2010

FRIDAY NIGHT
EAST NORTHEAST WINDS 13 TO 16 KNOTS. SEAS 2 FEET.
BAY AND INLAND WATERS A LIGHT CHOP.

SATURDAY
EAST NORTHEAST WINDS 12 TO 17 KNOTS. SEAS 2 FEET. BAY
AND INLAND WATERS A LIGHT CHOP.

bajarick 10-19-2010 09:44 PM

Looks to be a nice turn out for the first run,
waiting for Bernie to confrim 36 cc sonic/ 39 tg, cig.
Just got in from ohio 17 hr drive straight, see everyone
saturday.
Rick

jayboat 10-19-2010 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder (Post 3234068)
Got a call from Frank Rickardeli, Sarasota / Useppa Island / New Jersey. ( Frank has more houses than I have shoes ! LOL ) He and Millie will be attending in their 50 Ft Vee bottom diesel Nor Tech.

No Gold Rush?

Maybe the two of you can have a drag race. :evilb:

Bobthebuilder 10-20-2010 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by jayboat (Post 3234350)
No Gold Rush?

Maybe the two of you can have a drag race. :evilb:

He, he. Not fair Jay but I'll take the advantage with my trip 485's vs trip 330 HP. Frank's boat was one of the earlier Nor Tech's with diesel and continues to run strong.
Just getting in the car for the 24 hr drive to Marco. See you Saturday and have that big picture shooter of yours all ready to go !! :)

Bobthebuilder 10-21-2010 06:25 AM

This past few weeks, Ft Myers Offshore, Inc. has signed a number of new corporate, charter, boaters and social memberships. I am traveling today but when I get some time probably after we do our run, I will start a new thread introducing the new members. The future for FMO looks great and we will be off to a good start with this Saturday's run. !! :)

Kat Krazy 10-21-2010 07:31 PM

Nick Amelio will attend with the Nor-tech

AppSysCons 10-21-2010 09:14 PM

By size-brand, 15 confirmed, so far

30 Motion / maritime eng / Cape Coral
30 Motion / John & Jennifer Costello / Naples
32 Renegade / Paul & Susan Perzky / Cape Coral
32 Renegade / Ross & Barb Smith / Cape Coral - MI
34 Powerquest / Ric Burlie / Land O Lakes - ON, Canada
35 Formula / Rodney / Ft. Myers
36 Baja / bajarick / Cape Coral
38 Baja / peterj / Cape Coral
38 Cigarette / US MUSL / Cape Coral
38 Cigarette / Joe Cardaci / Ft. Myers Beach - NY
38 Fountain / Velocity Tom / Ft. Myers
43 Nortech / Nathan Reid / Marco Island - ON, Canada
43 Nortech Cat / Nick Amelio / Ft. Myers
50 Nortech / bobthebuilder / Marco Island - Canada
50 Nortech / Frank Rickardeli / Sarasota - Useppa Island - NJ

Possible 2 other boats

32 Fountain / Scott Long / Cape Coral
43 Nortech / Jay Forbes / Cape Coral

Bobthebuilder 10-22-2010 07:08 PM

Last minute stuff

2 Attachment(s)
While we will all leave the Sanibel Bridge at 11 AM we may not all arrive at Gordon Pass together. The first boats to arrive at the sea bouy outside of Gordon Pass should wait for all boats to arrive before we proceed single file into Naples Bay. On arrival at Naples Bay Resort, our dockage will be inside the basin on the right hand side. Once we are all tied up and boats secure, we should all gather with our Toys for Tots, and Jay will take a group picture of us turning over our toys to the Marines that will be there to receive them. Once that is out of the way, we are free to wander around and take in what we can of the Stone Crab Festival. There will be water taxi's there that can take us to any of the waterfront restaurants if you do not feel like walking. Stay as long as you like. Some of us may go to the beach at Keewaydin Island at some point but that is optional. Enjoy.
Feel free to call me if you have any questions. 239-776-0481
Bob

Bobthebuilder 10-22-2010 07:22 PM

Updated weather for Saturday's run

NOAA Marine Weather:

Zone Forecast: Coastal waters from Bonita Beach to Englewood FL out 20 NM (GMZ856) Mobile Weather Information

Last Update: 411 PM EDT FRI OCT 22 2010

Tonight...Northeast winds 10 to 15 knots. Seas 2 to 3 feet. Bay and inland waters a moderate chop.

Saturday...East winds 10 to 15 knots. Seas 2 feet. Bay and inland waters a moderate chop.

The Weather Channel:

Mostly Sunny High 89°F

Precip 10% Wind: From ENE at 14 mph

Humidity: 65% UV Index: 8 Very High

Sunrise: 7:31 AM ET Record High: 92°F (2002

Please note that I was on the Gulf this afternoon between Sanibel and Marco and with the winds being onshore from the E / NE, seas were mostly calm with nothing over 1 FT within 3 or 4 miles of the beach. I expect we will have great conditions again tomorrow.

Bob