VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 01-30-2011, 04:04 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here are 3 pictures that came our exceptional, and since I have 18m pixels for each, I am considering making some poster size prints for myself.

Old 01-30-2011, 05:02 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Poster material for sure.

Frank is that last pic back in Pt Charlotte I think? I had the tide not back up until almost 11 PM I think. Glad you guys did not get caught with your boats on the lift that morning. That is a long time to have no water !!

Bob
Old 01-30-2011, 05:21 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
Poster material for sure.

Frank is that last pic back in Pt Charlotte I think? I had the tide not back up until almost 11 PM I think. Glad you guys did not get caught with your boats on the lift that morning. That is a long time to have no water !!

Bob
Bob,

That picture was taken 7:15am, about 20 minutes before low tide, and at that time I had about 2ft 6in of water out at my lift (I checked), 360ft out into the river. This past Sat it was dry out to about 100ft. Other times with the winter tides it can be dry out to 180ft. People often ask me why my dock is so long, and I show them pictures like those I posted.

When we got back at 3-4pm or so, I had close to 4 feet of water at the lift.

Since some do not live here full time, I had advised all those coming from Port Charlotte & Punta Gorda Iles about the tide, and recommended they make the necessary accommodations for Sat morning. Obviously all took my advise.

It was a great day, my son-in-law Mark and I had a really good time, and Jim and his crew from MI, were all smiles.

FYI: the Useppa tour was nice, the driver told us allot about the current status of the island, a power generations plant, a reverse osmosis water plant, heli pad for the MedStar chopper, a 7 guest room hotel, two places to eat, and a few other interesting facts. Most of the scenery pictures were taken along the walking trail, which was a great way to see the islands beauty.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:18 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Default Thank you all who contributed

FMO had a very successful charity fun run on Saturday in many respects. Not only did we enjoy great weather and a good turn out of boats, but we raised $ 4,900.00 for our education foundation through entry fees, poker proceeds and tee shirt sales. I was having lunch with Alec Cloke ( OSO catastrope ) today and he had asked how the club did financially Saturday. When I told him $ 4,900.00, he laid down a $ 100 bill and said, lets make it a nice even $ 5,000.00. Thank you Alec and everyone who contributed to the success of Saturday's run. I can see that this year, FMO will be able to provide more academic scholarships than ever in the past.
Everyone belonging to this club can be very proud.
Thank you.

Bob
Old 02-02-2011, 08:53 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Some firsts for FMO yesterday.

1) First time we had 7 Centre Consoles in a run.

2) First time we had 32 pre register and have 32 boats show up. ( would have been 33 but someone was 5 minutes or so late, sorry )

3) 3 new first time club members. ( they all enjoyed it and will be back for more )

4) First time FMO ran this size of group up the ICW.

5) First run for John Mattaliano's new Renegade and also new member Jerry Zariello's / NJ new Sunsation.

6) First time 5 boats have come down from Port Charlotte / Punta Gorda together for the run.

7) First time I ever saw anyone wear pink socks and sandals at one of our runs. LOL

I am sure some of you can think of some other firsts.

Bob
8. The first time in 30 years of boating that Craig Hall won anything at a poker run
FMO had a very successful charity fun run on Saturday in many respects. Not only did we enjoy great weather and a good turn out of boats, but we raised $ 4,900.00 for our education foundation through entry fees, poker proceeds and tee shirt sales. I was having lunch with Alec Cloke ( OSO catastrope ) today and he had asked how the club did financially Saturday. When I told him $ 4,900.00, he laid down a $ 100 bill and said, lets make it a nice even $ 5,000.00. Thank you Alec and everyone who contributed to the success of Saturday's run. I can see that this year, FMO will be able to provide more academic scholarships than ever in the past.
Everyone belonging to this club can be very proud.
Thank you.

Bob
I'll add to that. I'm sending you a check for $250 for the scholarship fund.

Good to see you again Bob!! Thanks for the hospitality and your efforts on producing a fantastic run. I had a GREAT time!!!

Craig
Old 02-02-2011, 09:54 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by OldSchool
8. The first time in 30 years of boating that Craig Hall won anything at a poker run

I'll add to that. I'm sending you a check for $250 for the scholarship fund.

Good to see you again Bob!! Thanks for the hospitality and your efforts on producing a fantastic run. I had a GREAT time!!!

Craig
Wow, thank you Craig. That is very generous of you. You have a ride anytime you are in the area. Glad you had fun after coming such a long way.

Bob
Old 02-03-2011, 06:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is awesome!
Thank you Alec, Craig, and all the amazing people that are a part of
Fort Myers Offshore....
Hans
Old 02-04-2011, 07:46 PM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts

Nothing close to the quality pictures you guys take but here are our pictures/ videos from the run

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...5&l=e58d8af878

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5r2gugCr14

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81_6MPWdU-s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPLQgKJzNlA