Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boat Club Forums > Ft Myers Offshore
Info / Roll Call for Sat. Feb 4th Fun Run to Everglades City Seafood Festival >

Info / Roll Call for Sat. Feb 4th Fun Run to Everglades City Seafood Festival

Notices

Info / Roll Call for Sat. Feb 4th Fun Run to Everglades City Seafood Festival

Old 01-28-2012, 01:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will tow it down to Marco Sat. am. Where do you think we should put in?
Old 01-28-2012, 03:13 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Velocity Tom
We will tow it down to Marco Sat. am. Where do you think we should put in?
Ramp on 951 ( Collier Blvd ) about a mile and a half before you get to the bridge onto Marco. Turn left at the traffic light at Capris Blvd off 951 will bring you to the ramp area. Lots of truck and trailer parking. Once you launch, idle down the canal to the Marco River and turn right. It will take you about 20 to 25 minutes max to get from ramp out to the sea bouy.
Attached Thumbnails Info / Roll Call for Sat. Feb 4th Fun Run to Everglades City Seafood Festival-951-ramp.jpg  

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 01-28-2012 at 08:07 PM.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:23 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

By size-brand, 8 confirmed, so far

32 Spectre / tax man (Eric & Keri) / Ft. Myers
38 Donzi CC / Rob D'Angelo / Farmington,MI - Ft. Myers Beach
38 Donzi ZR / bobthebuilder (Bob Barnhart) / Marco Island - Canada
38 Donzi ZR / Jean Malouin / Ottawa - Cape Coral
38 Formula / Andy Kidd (run by Adrian Bax )/ Naples - ON Canada
38 Fountain / Velocity Tom / Port Charlotte
39 Sutphen / Vic Priestly / Cape Coral, ON Canada
50 Nortech Cat / John Miles / Bonita Springs

Last edited by AppSysCons; 01-29-2012 at 11:50 AM.
Old 01-29-2012, 06:11 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Made a little trip down to Everglades City today. They seem to be getting ready to receive us.
Attached Thumbnails Info / Roll Call for Sat. Feb 4th Fun Run to Everglades City Seafood Festival-ec3.jpg   Info / Roll Call for Sat. Feb 4th Fun Run to Everglades City Seafood Festival-ec4.jpg   Info / Roll Call for Sat. Feb 4th Fun Run to Everglades City Seafood Festival-ec5.jpg  

Info / Roll Call for Sat. Feb 4th Fun Run to Everglades City Seafood Festival-ec6.jpg  
Old 01-29-2012, 06:38 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Default Everglades City dockage

Which would you prefer, the docks in pic 1 or pic 2 LOL.

The closest dockage to the Seafood Festival is at the Rod and Gun Club. In years past they would take reservations but this year it is on a first come, first serve basis. I doubt there will be much available with a 12:30 PM arrival. There is a problem there as well in that they have not maintained their seawall or poles and there is at least 3 + inches of shell and barnacle growth on the poles. If docking here make sure you have good size fenders between your boat and the poles. I am not sure what their dockage charge will be.

My recommendation is we idle farther up the river and dock at Everglades Isle Marina and RV Resort. Those are some of the docks shown in pic 1. Management told me back in November that there is another boat club arriving that day and that most of their large slips are reserved. There are only about a dozen slips for 40+ ft boats. There are about 100 slips tho that are about 20 ft long. I am suggesting we go in bow first and tie off on our mid ship cleats and bow cleats and let the back part of the boats hang out. Another reason to go in bow first is it can get tricky with the tide moving in or out of the river. If backing in, pick a wide slip. There are plenty. Some may need to back in to be able to disembark.
The other downside to Everglades Isle is it is about a mile to the Seafood Festival. I will call Monday to see if a local taxi service can shuttle us back and forth and advise. Some may want to drop some of their passengers off at the Rod and Gun club on the way in for the very short walk to the Seafood Festival and then continue up the river to dock the boat at Everglades isle. Also please be aware that there is a $100 per boat dockage charge. They were firm on that despite my protests.
It can all get worked out as long as we are aware of what the challenges are.
Attached Thumbnails Info / Roll Call for Sat. Feb 4th Fun Run to Everglades City Seafood Festival-ec9.jpg   Info / Roll Call for Sat. Feb 4th Fun Run to Everglades City Seafood Festival-p1060746.jpg   Info / Roll Call for Sat. Feb 4th Fun Run to Everglades City Seafood Festival-ec8.jpg  

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 01-30-2012 at 04:09 PM.
Old 01-29-2012, 06:54 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

One of my favorite pics ever is this one Jay took of Warrior as they followed us thru Caxambas Pass at Marco. ( on our route next weekend ). The tide was lower than we will have next weekend so I had suggested to Frank that he put his tabs down some. Really cool effect.

Jay will be aboard and maybe he will capture a similar shot again.

I am going to talk to a friend in the penthouse of my condo and see if he will take pics of the group with my camera as we run down the beachfront here at Marco before we go into Caxambas Pass.

Bob
Attached Thumbnails Info / Roll Call for Sat. Feb 4th Fun Run to Everglades City Seafood Festival-warrior.jpg  

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 01-29-2012 at 07:01 PM.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:38 PM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

We are going to miss this event. Looks like you all will have a great time! Enjoy, and we will see you all on the next one!
Old 01-30-2012, 05:49 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bob,

Marie and I are in. We will also be trailering down to the 951 ramp Saturday morning. FYI, I called the Rod and Gun club and they want $3 per foot with a 2 night minimum. The $100 alternative though steep, seems like the our only and best alternative. See everyone Saturday morning.

Jack
Old 01-30-2012, 06:38 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by US MUSL
Bob,

Marie and I are in. We will also be trailering down to the 951 ramp Saturday morning. FYI, I called the Rod and Gun club and they want $3 per foot with a 2 night minimum. The $100 alternative though steep, seems like the our only and best alternative. See everyone Saturday morning.

Jack
Thanks for that Jack and see you and Marie on Saturday. When I was there Sunday the tide was out and this is what the R & G Club poles look like ! At high tide you would not know that was below the surface. Everglades Isle is the way to go.

Bob
Attached Thumbnails Info / Roll Call for Sat. Feb 4th Fun Run to Everglades City Seafood Festival-ec10.jpg  
Old 01-30-2012, 06:45 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Default Air boat tours

There are lots of air boat tours within an easy walk of where we will be docking if anyone is interested. Note the pelicans hitching a ride !
Attached Thumbnails Info / Roll Call for Sat. Feb 4th Fun Run to Everglades City Seafood Festival-ec11.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.