Notices

Faro Blanco

Old 10-04-2016, 09:18 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Faro Blanco

Unfortunately due to hurricane Matthew this weekend we are canceling this weekends run to Faro Blanco. Anyone that has reservations at the Hyatt please call and cancel by 3 om todsy.
Old 10-05-2016, 03:26 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by REMEDY
Unfortunately due to hurricane Matthew this weekend we are canceling this weekends run to Faro Blanco. Anyone that has reservations at the Hyatt please call and cancel by 3 om todsy.
I guess the Naples run is off then?
Old 10-05-2016, 09:50 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

I hope they still have the Naples run as scheduled. I have 5 people flying in for that run. Even if there are 15 boats for Faro Blanco, I bet more than 20 would still show up for the Naples run.
Old 10-06-2016, 12:07 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by fastoys
I guess the Naples run is off then?
FMO is very much wanting to do a run to Naples and we will do our best to reschedule it for a later date. Rescheduling the Faro Blanco event because of Hurricane Matthew is not so easy but is now set for Oct 21 - 23. We have substantial deposits with the Hyatt at Faro Blanco and to salvage that were offered the weekends of Oct 14 - 16 or 21 - 23 at the same rates. Next weekend would have clashed with the PRA event so we showed them consideration by going to the following weekend. After that, many are going off to Key West races then we are into much higher rates and things like Thanksgiving etc. It’s never easy when an event has to be rescheduled through no fault of our own. It will work for some but not for others and never for all.

Bob
Old 10-06-2016, 09:21 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

First I want to say thanks for all of time and effort that Eric Belisle, Bob Barnhart, Hans Haedelt, Bill Lemanske, Meghan Brousseau, Drew Phyfe and Stan Quinn put in to this year's schedule.
Without all of the dedicated people on the board, there would be no Ft. Myers Offshore club. I also understand the limited time to re- schedule Faro Blanco. There were 20 boats entered in that trip. Judging from past Naples runs it would have been easy to expect 40 to 50 boats. With 20 of those boats going to the Keys there are 20 to 30 boats that just might ( me for one) want to get together to go to lunch somewhere. Why not put the word out to see who would be interested.

Last edited by Kat Krazy; 10-06-2016 at 10:07 PM.
Old 10-06-2016, 10:16 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Thank you for that Nick. We will talk it over and see if something can be worked out by the club. I was to organize the the Naples run but will be in Faro Blanco as well as Eric. Perhaps one of the other board members is willing to organize the run to Naples and we will let all know if that is a possibility or not within a few days. We have never ran 2 events on the same weekend at least until this date. Naples is a bit tricky with docking and restaurant capacity being an issue especially if the group gets to be large.That was one reason we wanted to do Naples early in the season before the local restaurants get too busy. The club has grown so much that many places cannot handle our numbers anymore. We will let you and the rest know of the outcome of our discussions soon.

All the best,

Bob