Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Best Friend in hospital (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/100108-best-friend-hospital.html)

Rforsey 04-07-2005 03:38 PM

Re: Best Friend in hospital

of course he is bigger now and good for the boys,

Rforsey 04-07-2005 04:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Rforsey
of course he is bigger now and good for the boys,

tried to down size this Pic

1Boatnut 04-07-2005 04:40 PM

Love happy endings..Glad to hear your friend is doing well.
With 2 dogs and 3 parrots I realize how attached we become to our friends..
Hope he has a speedy recovery

Tantrum 04-07-2005 04:48 PM

Glad to here everything is on the right track.
Ive been trying to call you since I got back on Monday.
CALL ME when you get a chance.

Edward R. Cozzi 04-07-2005 06:29 PM

The only people who can't understand what a longtime pet means to a person has never had a pet.

nauti-buoy 04-07-2005 06:46 PM

good luck!!! I hope for a speedy recovery!

Shane 04-07-2005 07:13 PM

Glad to hear all went well. MAD to read about it on the board! Was that pic taken at my house?

US1 Fountain 04-07-2005 07:28 PM

A dog person myself. As a matter of fact, the house behind us now has a shepard pup that showed up this past week. I always make a point to go over to the fence and pet him everyday.

Glad to hear the update.

Hot Boat 04-07-2005 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Shane
Glad to hear all went well. MAD to read about it on the board! Was that pic taken at my house?

Sorry dude about not calling. But yes that is in your backyard from about two years ago during Americade. He has on his Harley Davidson bandana.

We went to the vet to see how he is doing. He looked better than I expected. And already want out for a walk. The Vet explained that his blood count should be around 60. Before surgery his count was a 29 (anemic) , after surgery he fell to a 15 (severely anemic). Now 8 hours after surgery he went back up to a 24. This is good progress but he needs to be higher.

I got to look at the spleen. They explained how it should look. This thing was huge, more than twice the normal size and twisted. Thank god there was no sign of any cancer :D

The bad news is, because of our budget I can’t afford 24 hour care. The Dr. Called and gave me a progress report but it was 8 pm and they were closing for the night. No one will be monitoring him for the next 12 hours. :( . Unfortunately this is a risk we knew ahead of time. All we can do is pray over night all will be well. We all feel confident that he will be fine.

Thanks again everyone.

dykstra 04-07-2005 09:12 PM

great news