Outerlimits staged to become a premiere High Perfromance Catamaran Builder

Notices

Outerlimits staged to become a premiere High Perfromance Catamaran Builder

Old 04-15-2005, 12:48 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Re: Outerlimits staged to become a premiere High Perfromance Catamaran Builder

Originally Posted by BROWNIE
A non-postcured polyester laminate is good for 146F. Above that, the resin goes elastic. Luckily, the bottoms are watercooled!
No wonder that gasoline powered dildo went soft......

T2x
Old 04-15-2005, 02:23 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Re: Outerlimits staged to become a premiere High Perfromance Catamaran Builder

So does that mean that the OL owners who had 37 Stilletto,then the 42 legacy, then got the 42 sit-down, then the 42 sit-down epoxy, then the 47 sit-down epoxy will need to move into a cat??

Must be nice!
Old 04-15-2005, 03:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is a very costly method but creates very light and very strong pieces....... However they are not bulletproof as a glance at the Callan (Ten Cara) boat after Key West will confirm.

T2x

That was one of my all time favorites!!! Say the boat after the race and was definitely sad. At the beginning of Sunday's race they passed us on the pier at Sunset Key literally within 2 feet We showed Dave the pictures and he was shocked at how close they got. He said they didn't even see us as they were trying to stay out of the Bacardi's prop wash
Old 04-15-2005, 04:08 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Miller
But, doesn't old wine sometimes age beautifully and show that the 'old techniques' were sometimes superior?

I guess time will tell, huh?
Yes, and a superb original Burgandy can rarely be touched by a noveux California offering...... just like cats

T2x
Old 04-15-2005, 04:16 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Panther
So does that mean that the OL owners who had 37 Stilletto,then the 42 legacy, then got the 42 sit-down, then the 42 sit-down epoxy, then the 47 sit-down epoxy will need to move into a cat??

Must be nice!
Yep....... and aint this the darndest thing?.... The epitome of Vee bottom hysteria have finally admitted that Cat technology is their next....step ......UP!

Can his Reggieness be far behind? Maybe this time he won't ride on Skater or MTI's coat tails.

T2x...

P.S. Good luck to the OL guys...They are decent people and will finally have a platform worthy of their speed goals rather than trying to chase a Formula One car with a 57 Chevy.
Old 04-18-2005, 08:50 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Re:

Round Britain.... That is a Triton hull....first introduced in the late 70's....... fast ...but got dusted by cats in most of the offshore races it entered.

Ditto Ice Marine....... same worn out concept.

Hydrofoils were first commercially introduced in the late 50's....used extensively at the NY World's fair in 1964...and at other locales around the world.... 2 problems.. 1. max speed , probably under 100 due to drag of blades through the water....2. you haven't lived until you've seen one of those blades hit an obstruction and stuff the bow like a belly flop. (We saw this repeatedly in NY harbor back in the day).

Bottom line.....very old wine....very new and pretty bottles.

T2x
Old 04-18-2005, 02:37 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Originally Posted by T2x
Yep....... and aint this the darndest thing?.... The epitome of Vee bottom hysteria have finally admitted that Cat technology is their next....step ......UP!

Can his Reggieness be far behind? Maybe this time he won't ride on Skater or MTI's coat tails.

T2x...

P.S. Good luck to the OL guys...They are decent people and will finally have a platform worthy of their speed goals rather than trying to chase a Formula One car with a 57 Chevy.
I see your point T2x but that wasn't my point.

I don't believe the speed cats can go leave much to be debated, some just prefer v-bottoms. I think it's kind of like a sport bike (rice rocket) vs. a harley. It's obvious the sport bikes are a hell of a lot faster and haldle a hell of a lot better but the Harley has it's history, crisp sound and looks that some people just love.
Old 04-19-2005, 04:01 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Panther
I see your point T2x but that wasn't my point.

I don't believe the speed cats can go leave much to be debated, some just prefer v-bottoms. I think it's kind of like a sport bike (rice rocket) vs. a harley. It's obvious the sport bikes are a hell of a lot faster and haldle a hell of a lot better but the Harley has it's history, crisp sound and looks that some people just love.
Sound? Cats sound exactly like vees...same motors.

Looks?....... Unless you prefer phallic symbols the styling is better on a cat.

History?...... The first performance cats actually predate the Ray Hunt Vee/strake design.

Bottom line....... The vees have been marketed cleverly by much larger companies to create a panache.....without that you'd be wondering why anybody would want a narrow, slower, less stable, pointy thing.

T2x
Old 04-20-2005, 01:53 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Originally Posted by T2x
Sound? Cats sound exactly like vees...same motors.

Looks?....... Unless you prefer phallic symbols the styling is better on a cat.

History?...... The first performance cats actually predate the Ray Hunt Vee/strake design.

Bottom line....... The vees have been marketed cleverly by much larger companies to create a panache.....without that you'd be wondering why anybody would want a narrow, slower, less stable, pointy thing.

T2x
No pun intended but I guess when everyone figures that out everyone will have a cat. Again, I don't argue your points, they are all valid, I think that some like one over the other.

BTW, which cat manufacturer in the 30-40ft range besides a Mares Cat has say 6 ft. headroom in the cabin? Nortech has a cabin on the 36 but you need to shoehorn yourself down the side doorway and into the cabin with queen size bed that has 4 ft headroom.

History? There are a lot of things that happened in history but not everything is printed in the text book or passed down from generation to generation.

""Bottom line....... The vees have been marketed cleverly by much larger companies to create a panache....."" More power to them, obviously they were smart business men. The cat manufacturers need to follow suite and work with the insurance companies and prove they are more stable to make it affordable and more people will buy them I think.
Old 04-20-2005, 02:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Panth

BTW, which cat manufacturer in the 30-40ft range besides a Mares Cat has say 6 ft. headroom in the cabin? Nortech has a cabin on the 36 but you need to shoehorn yourself down the side doorway and into the cabin with queen size bed that has 4 ft head.[/QUOTE]

MTI, It has a larger cuddy with more stand-up head room than either of them.

Quick Reply: Outerlimits staged to become a premiere High Perfromance Catamaran Builder

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.