Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Lake Winnie site is down... Formula Outlaw, what did You do???? >

Lake Winnie site is down... Formula Outlaw, what did You do????

Notices

Lake Winnie site is down... Formula Outlaw, what did You do????

Old 04-12-2005, 08:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Lake Winnie site is down... Formula Outlaw, what did You do????

Originally Posted by Waterfoul
So FO (that's Formula Outlaw, not the other meaning....) you're saying that BearLover is a He/She??? Is that what you're trying to say??? Genderbender might be a better name for him/her.

Thanks a lot Fowl, () now I'm gonna get jumped on for calling Bear Lover a He/She when I meant I didn't know if that particular individual was a he or a she.

My, what do you mean by "the other meaning".....?????
Old 04-12-2005, 09:31 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Other Meaning: Fun Offshore

Last edited by Waterfoul; 04-13-2005 at 07:54 AM.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:36 PM
Registered

My post made it through
Old 04-13-2005, 06:36 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Formula at leaste your emails were returned. I sent him a number of emails asking him why I was all the sudden being moderated and he refuses to reply. Now funny thing is they called us the book burners

Anyhow. www.winnilakers.com is in the process of changing it board over to one like this. I have had a few conversations with him about www.nhrba.com and he seems like he wants to do the right thing. However as he said if more blow boaters register then power boaters then the sailboaters can set the agenda for the group!!! So anyone in the area please register and post your thoughts. Lets get that site going and lets help him start a good thing.

PS if you have registered on www.winnilakers.com then you will either have to use a different screen name or email him to get the same one as they are both on the same server. Once you register you will see the forum to post on.

Jon
Old 04-13-2005, 06:44 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Audiofn
Formula at leaste your emails were returned. I sent him a number of emails asking him why I was all the sudden being moderated and he refuses to reply. Now funny thing is they called us the book burners

Anyhow. www.winnilakers.com is in the process of changing it board over to one like this. I have had a few conversations with him about www.nhrba.com and he seems like he wants to do the right thing. However as he said if more blow boaters register then power boaters then the sailboaters can set the agenda for the group!!! So anyone in the area please register and post your thoughts. Lets get that site going and lets help him start a good thing.

PS if you have registered on www.winnilakers.com then you will either have to use a different screen name or email him to get the same one as they are both on the same server. Once you register you will see the forum to post on.

Jon

Don and I have had some "spirited conversations" via email. We certainly don't see eye to eye on some issues, but I think that I at least brought up some points that caused him to think about. That's why I think I got some replies from him.

I have not been to the other two sites but will as soon as I can get the chance too. Right now I've got five jobs going on and going out of my mind. Working a minimum of 12 hours a day so that's putting a crimp on my computer time. I'll try to get over to those sites tonight.

On the second site you listed, why not just hae a powerboat and a seperate sailboat category? Mixing those two groups is like mixing oil and water, ain't never gonna happen.
Old 04-13-2005, 06:54 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

He is a boaters rights group. He wants to work on such things as boating safty, better access to the lake, fighting legislation that the group feels it needs and so on. In this case he is definatly anti speed limit however as I said if the majority of the members say that they want speed limits then he will have to yeild to that. I think that very few actually want speed limits so...... My father who is a diehard sailor told me that he wants us to go fast so that his piece is broken up for the leaste amount of time. I wish more people thought like that
Old 04-13-2005, 06:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He is a boaters rights group. He wants to work on such things as boating safety, better access to the lake, fighting legislation that the group feels it needs and so on. In this case he is definitely anti speed limit however as I said if the majority of the members say that they want speed limits then he will have to yeild to that. I think that very few actually want speed limits so...... My father who is a diehard sailor told me that he wants us to go fast so that his piece is broken up for the least amount of time. I wish more people thought like that
Whats sort of ironic is that sailboats cause all kinds of problems here. There is a narrow channel out in front of my place thats shallow on the far side..Many sailboats will stick to the deep side and forcing people to pass on the wrong side so they dont go ground. For some new people or people who dont know the channel it can create some havoc ..Once in a while a sailboat will try and tack the channel causing all sorts of confusion. They all have noisy and stinky motors stickin out the back.
I never say a word to these boobs because we all know how proud sailors are of their seamanship..
Then they are the first ones to trash talk other boaters ..
Old 04-13-2005, 08:04 PM
Registered

I just responded to a thread over there about suspending "FatJack".

I came down a little hard. Bet it doesn't get posted.
Old 04-13-2005, 08:29 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

A sailboater with good naviagtion skills would not attempt a tack in a confined area... the smart ones would simply luff the sail, fire up the smoking 2 stroke and navigate to safer waters. Being undersail gives them the right or way, but it doesn't make it the right way to sail. I grew up sailing... that's all my dad did when I was a kid... but he taught me to be courteous first and right second. He likes to say "it's better to be wrong and alive than dead right." Makes sense in more than one way I think... boating, driving, biking, etc.... more people should think that way...
Old 04-13-2005, 08:30 PM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyhow. www.winnilakers.com is in the process of changing it board over to one like this. I have had a few conversations with him about www.nhrba.com and he seems like he wants to do the right thing. .......

Jon
I met Custy at the hearing, seems like a decent guy and he's the best source for pending legislation. Register at www.winnilakers.com and you'll get e-mail updates from him. He's all over the speed limit issue.

Quick Reply: Lake Winnie site is down... Formula Outlaw, what did You do????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.