Tres Martin Driving School >

Tres Martin Driving School

Notices

Tres Martin Driving School

Old 04-19-2005, 09:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Tres Martin Driving School

I talked to Tres tonight and I am in!!! This will be a great opportunity to bypass a few years of making mistakes and get on with proper driving skills. It also helps that he has raced my boat a number of times!!!!
Old 04-20-2005, 01:18 AM
Registered

Re: Tres Martin Driving School

Originally Posted by Tres
Now that the class has been going along, many that have taken it feel they have benefitted greatly and should apply the knowledge to the everyday safe boating!

I'm looking forward to seeing you very soon
Old 04-20-2005, 06:05 AM
BRAD SCHOENWALD
Platinum Member

This course is outstanding. Throughout my Coast Guard Career I have gone through numerous training courses and taught others through performance based training (hands On). We base our qualification and certification processes on type certification because quite obviously if you have experience running a 21ft open center console you might have trouble in a 47 Motor life boat in the surf.

The boats we run are special and Tres has a great program to teach us how to run the boats without reaching extremis and if we do-- what to do to get out.

Early into the first day I was completely impressed with the knowledge and great presentation skill used to pass the information. Tres goes well beyond how to drive the boat. He details the principal forces that affect the boat, maintenance, safety , responsibility between vessels. Etc. etc.

I cannot endorse this course enough, and oh ya I thought early on I would just go slow and learn how to run my twin step all by myself. Why not- I’m a professional Coast Guard Guy, been to every school, qualed on every boat and have a Masters License.
What a fool I was! All my background training and experience was based on specific vessel type certification taught by the experts who had been running that type of boat for years.

I took the course and very glad I did. This is one of those must do’s if you want to maximize your boating experience, and quite honesty just have a great two days talking, learning, understanding, and running around in a fast boat.

Thanks Tres…..

Best Regards,

Brad

Last edited by bcschoe; 04-20-2005 at 06:21 AM.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by bcschoe
This course is outstanding.......Early into the first day I was completely impressed with the knowledge and great presentation skill used to pass the information. Tres goes well beyond how to drive the boat. He details the principal forces that affect the boat, maintenance, safety , responsibility between vessels. Etc. etc.

I cannot endorse this course enough, and oh ya I thought early on I would just go slow and learn how to run my twin step all by myself. Why not- I’m a professional Coast Guard Guy, been to every school, qualed on every boat and have a Masters License. What a fool I was........

I took the course and very glad I did. This is one of those must do’s if you want to maximize your boating experience, and quite honesty just have a great two days talking, learning, understanding, and running around in a fast boat.

Well said and I could not agree with you more. You hit on one thing that I think may be a problem. I think that there are going to be a lot of people that let their ego keep them from taking the class. All I can say is that no matter how much you know or how much you think you know, there is always something left to be learned. Even if you only learn one thing from the class, you will still be ahead of where you are now.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:11 AM
BRAD SCHOENWALD
Platinum Member

Our egos do get us in trouble don’t they? To often complacency on the milk run is where people get into trouble. This school is the start of us taking care of each other and to keep government regulation out. Tres has the experience and worked hard to develop a curriculum that hits hard right where it needs to. I learned so much it was incredible but one thing I learned was worth the whole trip.

Last edited by bcschoe; 04-27-2005 at 07:13 AM.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am attending the May 4,5 class. With any purchase of an Extreme Powerboat, classes are included. Looking forward to it. Dave Warden
Old 04-28-2005, 07:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gives you peace of mind. This could be a great benefit for the manufactures