Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
The countdown has begun...Who's going to the Havasu run?? >

The countdown has begun...Who's going to the Havasu run??

Notices

The countdown has begun...Who's going to the Havasu run??

Old 04-26-2005, 03:36 PM
Registered

Received 2,975 Likes on 983 Posts
Default Re: The countdown has begun...Who's going to the Havasu run??

Just thinking out loud here but I was discussing this poker run with some friends yesterday. They couldn't figure out why all these big boats were coming from the east coast. I explained that (at least the way I see it) Havasu, even though small (compared to the ocean), is a GREAT poker run venue and if you haven't experienced it you really should. I know for a fact that people from the east coast kept hearing about this little poker run and wanted to find out why it's so popular. Why you ask?

Well, I've been on poker runs in Florida and in the Pacific ocean. They are great poker runs and really what a "true" poker run should be about...i.e. running your boat in the open ocean! However, the Havasu poker run isn't just a poker run it's a complete event. Starting from the trip out there. You start seeing eye candy 100 miles from town and then once you arrive in town everywhere you look theres 'things' that will catch your eye.

It's hard to explain but when you run a poker run in the ocean it's...run the boat...stop at a designated spot...run the boat...stop at a designated spot..etc etc. Havasu is run the boat, stop (party) run the boat, decide to stop somewhere else and party then if you dont like it there go somewhere else and party and if you don't like it there...you get the picture.

I know some people have told others that have not attended this event before to not have high expectations (after running in Florida poker runs). I think that is a false assumption. Every person that comes to this run will have a blast and get to see first hand at why this event is such a good one. The poker run is one day. The weekend will be going off starting Thursday and going through Monday. Everyone that attends whether a local or from the east coast is gonna be in for a good time!
Old 04-26-2005, 03:41 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry 3DO I quit drinking last weekend. NO DEALS!
Old 04-26-2005, 05:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by salesmanship
Sorry 3DO I quit drinking last weekend. NO DEALS!

Well see about that!!!
Old 04-26-2005, 05:42 PM
Charter Member #9/ Moderator
Charter Member

Originally Posted by thisistank
Just thinking out loud here but I was discussing this poker run with some friends yesterday. They couldn't figure out why all these big boats were coming from the east coast. I explained that (at least the way I see it) Havasu, even though small (compared to the ocean), is a GREAT poker run venue and if you haven't experienced it you really should. I know for a fact that people from the east coast kept hearing about this little poker run and wanted to find out why it's so popular. Why you ask?

Well, I've been on poker runs in Florida and in the Pacific ocean. They are great poker runs and really what a "true" poker run should be about...i.e. running your boat in the open ocean! However, the Havasu poker run isn't just a poker run it's a complete event. Starting from the trip out there. You start seeing eye candy 100 miles from town and then once you arrive in town everywhere you look theres 'things' that will catch your eye.

It's hard to explain but when you run a poker run in the ocean it's...run the boat...stop at a designated spot...run the boat...stop at a designated spot..etc etc. Havasu is run the boat, stop (party) run the boat, decide to stop somewhere else and party then if you dont like it there go somewhere else and party and if you don't like it there...you get the picture.

I know some people have told others that have not attended this event before to not have high expectations (after running in Florida poker runs). I think that is a false assumption. Every person that comes to this run will have a blast and get to see first hand at why this event is such a good one. The poker run is one day. The weekend will be going off starting Thursday and going through Monday. Everyone that attends whether a local or from the east coast is gonna be in for a good time!
Tank,
Thanks for the kudos on the poker run. We try to make it a complete weekend event. And seeing as how it is in Havasu...it makes it that much more enjoyable.
Old 04-26-2005, 06:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by LakeRacer
Tank,
Thanks for the kudos on the poker run. We try to make it a complete weekend event. And seeing as how it is in Havasu...it makes it that much more enjoyable.

Art, you know I got your back!!
Old 04-26-2005, 07:02 PM
Registered

Red face Re: The countdown has begun...Who's going to the Havasu run??

Tank, I'm the guy that Carney from NY State is staying with...hopefully we will see you at Windsor Thurs evening while launching Bobbit's Skater. If not, maybe catch up at the Turtle or see you on lake Friday. I am not in poker run, but have a Velocity 280(White with Purple and Lime green trim). Hope to say hi to a fellow OSO member.
Old 04-26-2005, 07:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by velocity280
Tank, I'm the guy that Carney from NY State is staying with...hopefully we will see you at Windsor Thurs evening while launching Bobbit's Skater. If not, maybe catch up at the Turtle or see you on lake Friday. I am not in poker run, but have a Velocity 280(White with Purple and Lime green trim). Hope to say hi to a fellow OSO member.
Def. look for us. I think we'll be launching the Tiger from the Nautical ramp. I don't know when Bobbit plans to launch his Skater yet. We'll look for you, flag us down when you see us and throw me a cold beer (or a grey goose and ? if you have one!!)

I think a few of us are going to be at the Turtle Thur. night for sure.
Old 04-26-2005, 07:38 PM
Banned

don't forget anyone wanting to convoy up thursday morning, meet a the barstow Flying J truck stop at 8:00am. We should be at Havasu by noon and right on the water. see you all there
Old 04-26-2005, 08:09 PM
Registered

The boats fixed, picking it up Friday morning from the shop in Havasu and then straight to the ramp. See everyone on the water.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Havasu Cig
The boats fixed, picking it up Friday morning from the shop in Havasu and then straight to the ramp. See everyone on the water.
Very Cool! See ya Chris!

Quick Reply: The countdown has begun...Who's going to the Havasu run??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.