Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Predator Official King of Havasu (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/102017-predator-official-king-havasu.html)

offshoredrillin 05-01-2005 06:01 AM

Re: Predator Official King of Havasu

Went to the site and checked it out, its like a combo between a surface drive and submerged, VERY cool, wonder what the price tag is on them, I'm sure that technology aint cheap...

shifter 05-02-2005 11:35 AM

Gary said that the boat that left early was Bowling and a couple Nortecs. He was listening in the drivers meeting about fines ect... for leaving early.

That is our new drive. WMD. It was designed for a subsurface vee type hull with diesels. On Gary's boat it is set-up to run surfacing. We had to move the tie bar up to clear the tunnel on Gary's boat. When it would come off of plane last year (with the tie bar low) it was like a parachute dragging in the water.

pat W

Waterfoul 05-02-2005 11:45 AM

OK I'll bite... what kind of boat is that and what kind of power is it running?? Oh yeah, and how fast is it????

hillbilly24 05-02-2005 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Waterfoul
OK I'll bite... what kind of boat is that and what kind of power is it running?? Oh yeah, and how fast is it????

not sure on power or make but I bleieve it runs 160-170 :eek:

Sean H 05-02-2005 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by hillbilly24
not sure on power or make but I bleieve it runs 160-170 :eek:

he is north of 170 now...... :eek:

T2x 05-02-2005 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by shifter
That is our new drive. WMD. It was designed for a subsurface vee type hull with diesels. On Gary's boat it is set-up to run surfacing.
pat W

Pat........

A few years back I was a bit critical of the nose section of your drives......... You have corrected that problem beautifully...and the new forward entry looks wonderful... I commend you for doing what you and your crew have always done...continuously improve.

I tip my hat to you......

Good luck

T2x

39NAS-T 05-02-2005 02:53 PM

Those are very intresting. I like the design of the drive and the transmissions. I wonder if they are near the efficency of a arneson?
Hunter

skater40 05-02-2005 07:27 PM

The efficency of his drive is where we picked up most of our increase in speed over last year.They are awsume.Make him tell you about the bravo replacement drive he is finishing up or even better his 2,3,4,5,or6 speed transmissions.

skater40 05-02-2005 07:32 PM

bgchuby01-We were not one of the 4 boats that left 2 miles early.We left when the flag dropped,the same time as Bob Teaque and the rest of the fleet.You were blinded by all the rooster tails as Never Late was late in starting. :drink:

Anarchy Powerboats 05-02-2005 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by bgchuby01
I was also in the first flight sitting in Scott Conrads 40 skater and Predator left the start 30 seconds early with two other boats. The start was like a Nascar restart with boats almost trading paint. What a great time I had.

Are you sure you weren't 30 seconds late getting on the gas??? And was that a repeat at every stop?