Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Predator Official King of Havasu (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/102017-predator-official-king-havasu.html)

shifter 04-30-2005 01:33 PM

Predator Official King of Havasu

1 Attachment(s)
Congratlations Gary,Larry and Jeff !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just got off the phone with him and he was first at every card stop.
pat W

TEAMBAJA 04-30-2005 01:42 PM

Re: Predator Official King of Havasu

Holy hell! That looks like a mad science project on the transom! :eek:

Any more pics?

hillbilly24 04-30-2005 02:17 PM

those are wiesman drives they have a website but i don't know the link. they are pretty cool

Phantom1 04-30-2005 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by hillbilly24
those are wiesman drives they have a website but i don't know the link. they are pretty cool

www.weismann.net

bgchuby01 04-30-2005 04:14 PM

I was also in the first flight sitting in Scott Conrads 40 skater and Predator left the start 30 seconds early with two other boats. The start was like a Nascar restart with boats almost trading paint. What a great time I had.

Shah Mat 04-30-2005 06:54 PM

Is this the same boat?

I love this video :eek:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...light=Predator

WILDTHING TAZ 04-30-2005 09:39 PM

good Job Gary

burtandnancy 04-30-2005 10:49 PM

Yes, the left coasters have some of the fastest boats, but I was really impressed with the show that the Outerlimits put on. The cats came back down river one by one, hauling ass, but the OL guys teamed up and came down side by side, and the sight and sound was incredible. The show of boats was as good as it gets. If there were 150 boats there were 500 spectator boat as well. Only negative I heard was from an east coast driver, wondered why the start was so long. The problem was the coast guard held it up due to so many boats on the course. Great Event for the Desert Heat Boys...

Byrdman 04-30-2005 11:01 PM

And you wonder why you need a full canopy system...here today gone tomorrow :D

Strip Poker 388 04-30-2005 11:26 PM

Wow :eek: Thats a weird set up .Tell us more about it please. :drink:

offshoredrillin 05-01-2005 06:01 AM

Went to the site and checked it out, its like a combo between a surface drive and submerged, VERY cool, wonder what the price tag is on them, I'm sure that technology aint cheap...

shifter 05-02-2005 11:35 AM

Gary said that the boat that left early was Bowling and a couple Nortecs. He was listening in the drivers meeting about fines ect... for leaving early.

That is our new drive. WMD. It was designed for a subsurface vee type hull with diesels. On Gary's boat it is set-up to run surfacing. We had to move the tie bar up to clear the tunnel on Gary's boat. When it would come off of plane last year (with the tie bar low) it was like a parachute dragging in the water.

pat W

Waterfoul 05-02-2005 11:45 AM

OK I'll bite... what kind of boat is that and what kind of power is it running?? Oh yeah, and how fast is it????

hillbilly24 05-02-2005 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Waterfoul
OK I'll bite... what kind of boat is that and what kind of power is it running?? Oh yeah, and how fast is it????

not sure on power or make but I bleieve it runs 160-170 :eek:

Sean H 05-02-2005 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by hillbilly24
not sure on power or make but I bleieve it runs 160-170 :eek:

he is north of 170 now...... :eek:

T2x 05-02-2005 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by shifter
That is our new drive. WMD. It was designed for a subsurface vee type hull with diesels. On Gary's boat it is set-up to run surfacing.
pat W

Pat........

A few years back I was a bit critical of the nose section of your drives......... You have corrected that problem beautifully...and the new forward entry looks wonderful... I commend you for doing what you and your crew have always done...continuously improve.

I tip my hat to you......

Good luck

T2x

39NAS-T 05-02-2005 02:53 PM

Those are very intresting. I like the design of the drive and the transmissions. I wonder if they are near the efficency of a arneson?
Hunter

skater40 05-02-2005 07:27 PM

The efficency of his drive is where we picked up most of our increase in speed over last year.They are awsume.Make him tell you about the bravo replacement drive he is finishing up or even better his 2,3,4,5,or6 speed transmissions.

skater40 05-02-2005 07:32 PM

bgchuby01-We were not one of the 4 boats that left 2 miles early.We left when the flag dropped,the same time as Bob Teaque and the rest of the fleet.You were blinded by all the rooster tails as Never Late was late in starting. :drink:

Anarchy Powerboats 05-02-2005 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by bgchuby01
I was also in the first flight sitting in Scott Conrads 40 skater and Predator left the start 30 seconds early with two other boats. The start was like a Nascar restart with boats almost trading paint. What a great time I had.

Are you sure you weren't 30 seconds late getting on the gas??? And was that a repeat at every stop?

Anarchy Powerboats 05-02-2005 07:47 PM

I keep telling ya'll, Larry Peto rules, but all you wanna hear is what you wanna hear. Keep on coming back to havasu for your spankings. It builds character from what Im told.

Anarchy Powerboats 05-02-2005 07:48 PM

I'm sorry for that last post, well not really. It's that hometown pride swelling in my bosom. :rolleyes:

Waterfoul 05-02-2005 07:51 PM

you have bosoms?? :eek:

39NAS-T 05-02-2005 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by skater40
The efficency of his drive is where we picked up most of our increase in speed over last year.They are awsume.Make him tell you about the bravo replacement drive he is finishing up or even better his 2,3,4,5,or6 speed transmissions.

Hey skater40 what power do you have in your boat. It sounds sick awesome. Are you running two twin screw blowers or just big roots blowers. The blower whine sounded a little high unless you are running huge boost.
Hunter

Semper Fi 05-02-2005 11:15 PM

.Make him tell you about the bravo replacement drive he is finishing up or even better his 2,3,4,5,or6 speed transmissions.

Please give us more info on the Bravo1 replacement!!!!!

skater40 05-02-2005 11:30 PM

39NAS-T We are running twin whipples.The motors are dry sumped and make 1400 hp on our low boost combo.

bgchuby01 05-03-2005 08:27 AM

skater 40 I apoligize, I was fed that info during the lunch break before the end of the day

44MTI 05-03-2005 08:37 AM

39NAS-T We are running twin whipples.The motors are dry sumped and make 1400 hp on our low boost combo.

Just wondering are you running conventional heads or big chief style. I just built some quad rotors motors and will probably run them this weed end.

shifter 05-03-2005 11:45 AM

Thanks T2x,
pat W

thisistank 05-03-2005 12:10 PM

The guys on Predator showed our group their GPS @ 171 after the first card stop....NICE!! :eek:

39NAS-T 05-04-2005 09:54 AM

I knew that you had whipples on it the way it whined on the video. That is some pretty serious power man good luck and I cant wait to see the boat. Are you coming out to smoke on the water or any other poker runs.
Hunter

Three Days Only 05-04-2005 01:39 PM

I was on the far right side of the start, and Gary (Skater40) got that #1 spot 100% fair and square. Congrats Gary!!

Its amazing the rumors that fly around!! But what would the internet be without them!! LOL

skater40 05-04-2005 01:59 PM

Hey Jeff-thanks.The video will show the start-I will post once Marvin finishes downloading it.Other than Kruzzin,there were no 160mph boats.CRC racing was the second place boat to all 3of the morning cardstops and i know he dont run over 150mph.

44MTI 05-04-2005 02:50 PM

Skater 40, are you running crash boxes or trannys, and how are they holding up?

skater40 05-04-2005 09:01 PM

42MTI-Bam1450 dry sump and no they dont last long.I go thru 2 a year. :(

blingbling 05-04-2005 09:29 PM

Hey Jeff-thanks.The video will show the start-I will post once Marvin finishes downloading it.Other than Kruzzin,there were no 160mph boats.CRC racing was the second place boat to all 3of the morning cardstops and i know he dont run over 150mph.

Gary, congrats, sounds like ya got that boat running. I've heard all the bull****, seen some video, and was close to the front in the beginning and Skater 40 won fair and square.

Coolerman 05-04-2005 10:35 PM

Have you thought about Hubers?

44MTI 05-05-2005 08:29 AM

Thanks gary, as I stated earlier i just built some 598ci quad rotors motors but haven't gotten to run them yet other than the dyno pulls which they couldn't pull it down below 5500 due to torque. I spoke with Larry Peto and Gary teague alot before and during the build. I actually got the cams and a few other parts from Gary. I'm real happy with all their advice, I just wish I would have had one of them build my motors.
Do you run much in the ocean or mostly Havasu, Just curious because we have a similar build and I am running 1450 hubers, I boat mostly on lakes but do about 6-8 poker run in florida and the smoke on the water run and I am worried about the trannies.
Thanks again for the info.

OldSchool 05-05-2005 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by 42MTI
Thanks gary, as I stated earlier i just built some 598ci quad rotors motors but haven't gotten to run them yet other than the dyno pulls which they couldn't pull it down below 5500 due to torque. I spoke with Larry Peto and Gary teague alot before and during the build. I actually got the cams and a few other parts from Gary. I'm real happy with all their advice, I just wish I would have had one of them build my motors.
Do you run much in the ocean or mostly Havasu, Just curious because we have a similar build and I am running 1450 hubers, I boat mostly on lakes but do about 6-8 poker run in florida and the smoke on the water run and I am worried about the trannies.
Thanks again for the info.

What kind of dyno #'s are you getting???

PhantomChaos 05-05-2005 09:32 AM

Other than Kruzzin,there were no 160mph boats............

Huh? What about Bobbit's boat? What about Teague's boat? I'm sure there's more....