Like Tree0Likes

Predator Official King of Havasu

Reply
Old 05-04-2005, 10:54 AM
  #31
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
39NAS-T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Rochester, MI / Marco Island, FL
My Boats: 1991 39' Express Cat 2004 Cigarette 42X (Sold) 2009 34 Jupiter CC 1995 65' Merritt
Posts: 426
Default Re: Predator Official King of Havasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by skater40
39NAS-T We are running twin whipples.The motors are dry sumped and make 1400 hp on our low boost combo.
I knew that you had whipples on it the way it whined on the video. That is some pretty serious power man good luck and I cant wait to see the boat. Are you coming out to smoke on the water or any other poker runs.
Hunter
39NAS-T is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 02:39 PM
  #32
Registered
 
Three Days Only's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Posts: 200
Default Re: Predator Official King of Havasu

I was on the far right side of the start, and Gary (Skater40) got that #1 spot 100% fair and square. Congrats Gary!!

Its amazing the rumors that fly around!! But what would the internet be without them!! LOL
Three Days Only is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 02:59 PM
  #33
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Tucson,Az.
My Boats: skater 40
Posts: 911
Default Re: Predator Official King of Havasu

Hey Jeff-thanks.The video will show the start-I will post once Marvin finishes downloading it.Other than Kruzzin,there were no 160mph boats.CRC racing was the second place boat to all 3of the morning cardstops and i know he dont run over 150mph.
skater40 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 03:50 PM
  #34
Registered
 
44MTI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: E-Dock
My Boats: 08' 44 MTI
Posts: 3,128
Default Re: Predator Official King of Havasu

Skater 40, are you running crash boxes or trannys, and how are they holding up?
44MTI is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 10:01 PM
  #35
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Tucson,Az.
My Boats: skater 40
Posts: 911
Default Re: Predator Official King of Havasu

42MTI-Bam1450 dry sump and no they dont last long.I go thru 2 a year.
skater40 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 10:29 PM
  #36
Bling Bling
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Santa Barbara
Posts: 347
Default Re: Predator Official King of Havasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by skater40
Hey Jeff-thanks.The video will show the start-I will post once Marvin finishes downloading it.Other than Kruzzin,there were no 160mph boats.CRC racing was the second place boat to all 3of the morning cardstops and i know he dont run over 150mph.
Gary, congrats, sounds like ya got that boat running. I've heard all the bull****, seen some video, and was close to the front in the beginning and Skater 40 won fair and square.
blingbling is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 11:35 PM
  #37
PF Marine
Platinum Member
 
Coolerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,767
Default Re: Predator Official King of Havasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by skater40
42MTI-Bam1450 dry sump and no they dont last long.I go thru 2 a year.
Have you thought about Hubers?
Coolerman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 09:29 AM
  #38
Registered
 
44MTI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: E-Dock
My Boats: 08' 44 MTI
Posts: 3,128
Default Re: Predator Official King of Havasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by skater40
42MTI-Bam1450 dry sump and no they dont last long.I go thru 2 a year.
Thanks gary, as I stated earlier i just built some 598ci quad rotors motors but haven't gotten to run them yet other than the dyno pulls which they couldn't pull it down below 5500 due to torque. I spoke with Larry Peto and Gary teague alot before and during the build. I actually got the cams and a few other parts from Gary. I'm real happy with all their advice, I just wish I would have had one of them build my motors.
Do you run much in the ocean or mostly Havasu, Just curious because we have a similar build and I am running 1450 hubers, I boat mostly on lakes but do about 6-8 poker run in florida and the smoke on the water run and I am worried about the trannies.
Thanks again for the info.
44MTI is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 09:59 AM
  #39
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
OldSchool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Florida
My Boats: Cigarette CC and Boston Whaler currently
Posts: 10,094
Default Re: Predator Official King of Havasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42MTI
Thanks gary, as I stated earlier i just built some 598ci quad rotors motors but haven't gotten to run them yet other than the dyno pulls which they couldn't pull it down below 5500 due to torque. I spoke with Larry Peto and Gary teague alot before and during the build. I actually got the cams and a few other parts from Gary. I'm real happy with all their advice, I just wish I would have had one of them build my motors.
Do you run much in the ocean or mostly Havasu, Just curious because we have a similar build and I am running 1450 hubers, I boat mostly on lakes but do about 6-8 poker run in florida and the smoke on the water run and I am worried about the trannies.
Thanks again for the info.
What kind of dyno #'s are you getting???
__________________
I can't talk about it right now, it's being handled by the Postal Inspector. Those guys don't mess around!
OldSchool is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 10:32 AM
  #40
Registered
 
PhantomChaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Bell Canyon, CA
My Boats: Formula FASTech 382 Sunseeker Apache 45
Posts: 12,756
Default Re: Predator Official King of Havasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by skater40
Other than Kruzzin,there were no 160mph boats............

Huh? What about Bobbit's boat? What about Teague's boat? I'm sure there's more....
PhantomChaos is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
thisistank
General Boating Discussion
228
12-25-2009 11:40 PM
TOASTY
Apache
2
07-05-2008 12:23 PM
XtremePowerboats.com
General Boating Discussion
15
04-28-2008 09:53 AM
Milord
General Boating Discussion
11
09-24-2004 08:48 AM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:30 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.