Notices

5k more for Myco Trailer

Old 05-05-2005, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: 5k more for Myco Trailer

When I bought my TopGun down in florida and was going to haul it to New York and travel with it regulary I knew i should put the Myco under it. I order it to be built befoer I went down and got it and it looks and pulls great. Mine lives on the trailer for the most part so set up is important. If it was just to move it from one place to the next once or twice a year then maybe not worth the money, but if it will be sitting on it alot and be hauled alot, buy piece of mind and by the Myco.

Last edited by EvilTwin; 08-03-2007 at 01:57 PM.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll just buy 1 of each to keep everyone happy.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:45 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
I certainly can justify 5K for perfection, the point is how can you justify 7K for something that kind of fits?
because $ are an issue for him at this point from what I understand, and he doesn't trailer any great distances...that's how!

how quick were you to take the "lesser" trailers you've owned to the landfill 'cause they didn't fit and didn't work?

What's under that Formula you have for sale?

Downtown...we'll take up a collection of "other people's money" to get you a Myco...we'll see how it goes.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:51 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Downtown42
I'll just buy 1 of each to keep everyone happy.
OHHH, do you need another tow vehicle too!
Old 05-05-2005, 09:01 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by Rippem
because $ are an issue for him at this point from what I understand, and he doesn't trailer any great distances...that's how!

how quick were you to take the "lesser" trailers you've owned to the landfill 'cause they didn't fit and didn't work?

What's under that Formula you have for sale?

Downtown...we'll take up a collection of "other people's money" to get you a Myco...we'll see how it goes.
The formula has what came with the boat, its an ok trailer, but takes more time at the ramp to make sure it's sitting proper, the necks/winches are designed to accomadate many diff styles of boats, the pressure point on the bow of a fountain is different than the points on a cig and a formual, so you have what is known as close enough, so your sacrificing something. I didnt see a mention of hurting for money, if that is the case, then he will do what he can afford, the original question was why was the Myco 5K more and is it worth it, yes it is To me, I knew I wasnt going to keep it, so i didnt upgrade. I'm not trying to spend his money, nor am i trying to tell him to go cheap to save a buck. I'm in the automotive industry and I see what skimping can get. I offered my advice/opinion based upon what I felt was a security, towing 2800 miles in 6 days gave me that security, and having my boat, regardless of make, sitting on a trailer that was made for it TO ME is justification enough.

As far as the lesser trailers, they were sold as I didnt want them, kept the boat on the lift at beach house, when the boats were sold, the purchaser bought their own trailer.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:04 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

MYCO. Custom built to YOUR boat! You get what you pay for...peace of mind, security and excellent customer service.

It's amazing how many boaters will spend alot of money on their boats and buy a sh*t trailer. You must have a well built, straight towing trailer with the bunks made right for your boat. There are alot of good trailer manufactureers out there, Myco just stands at the top.

When I was looking around for an aluminum trailer for my 33' Powerplay, I checked alot of companies and decided on an aluminum MYCO. My boat has a full stagger, (unusual for a 33' boat) which Bill @ MYCO asked if it was a staggered config. Nobody else asked this question, Bill at Myco built the trailer exactly for a 33' Powerplay upon the center of gravity for MY boat for it's best balance. He also did it in a tandem axle instead of a tripple axle....it's alot easier to move around. The trailer tows like a dream. Looks awesome too!
Old 05-05-2005, 09:23 AM
Registered

Dave,
I know that you keep your boats for a long time and take care of your equipment. I would try to get the $5k down, then I would pull the trigger. The boat will fit perfect.

Last edited by MarkSmith; 05-05-2005 at 08:21 PM.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:34 AM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Downtown42
Go with Vanguard or spend 5k more and get the Myco?
MYCO! Five year structure warranty on Welded Aluminum OR painted steel Mycos. Salt water will not void that, not that it applies to you.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:37 AM
JC
Registered

Nothing but A MYCO.... Pull it in style
Old 05-05-2005, 09:39 AM
BZ
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

This is my .02 had a both a Van Guard and a Myco. both under fountains.

1)Myco=hard to get the boat on I tried everything..
2)Van Guard=boat went on fine.
3)Myco=cust service+Bill=BAD
4) Van Guard=never had any problems

Save your money buy the Van Guard and see you at Summerfest....BZ

Quick Reply: 5k more for Myco Trailer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.