Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Paint Ideas Contest (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/102579-paint-ideas-contest.html)

DollaBill 05-06-2005 12:33 PM

Paint Ideas Contest

1 Attachment(s)
I am building a 42 Fountain Poker Run this summer to run this fall and into the spring '06 season. Obviously, it will be a "promotional boat".

Here is the challenge:

I need ideas for the sickest paint job you can think of. It can be anything from old school solid colors to something that challenges the Speed Racer graphics.

Here is the reward:

Bring a friend and come enjoy the poker run of your choice in the new boat (as a passenger - insurance you know). Just get yourself to the run and all other expenses are paid for.

Let's hear some ideas.....!

Lofty 05-06-2005 12:36 PM

Re: Paint Ideas Contest

I like the sound of this!!!! Hmmm, since I've been eyeballing that boat......

Sean H 05-06-2005 12:37 PM

do you want a "theme" boat or just sick paint job....?

DollaBill 05-06-2005 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Sean H
do you want a "theme" boat or just sick paint job....?

We are thinking theme because it we want as much publicity as possible (of course). I think a non-theme boat will sell better when the times comes, but who knows. I think it will be a matter of just seeing and going "hell yeah".

fund razor 05-06-2005 01:20 PM

Hey Bill,

I will be happy to help you out by coming down for one of those poker runs.
I attract plenty of attention. :D

And I have a Fountain windshirt. :drink:

DollaBill 05-06-2005 01:25 PM

Absolutely Fund. We'll get our schedules straight and plan a run. Are you going to bring a guest? I can cancel the Playmates if so.

masher44 05-06-2005 01:31 PM

I Always wanted to do multi color fade on the ENTIRE hull including windshield frame etc.... Like a pearl while front fading through a bunch of different colers all the way to the back... nothing crazy but maybe a pearl white up front fading into a gray, then gray into blue, then a darker blue and eventually to an almost blue/black on the back...

DollaBill 05-06-2005 01:37 PM

One idea that surfaced was the Sponge Bob Racing Team.

OldSchool 05-06-2005 01:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
How about this custom paint scheme!! :drink: :evilb: :drink: :evilb:

OldSchool 05-06-2005 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by masher44
I Always wanted to do multi color fade on the ENTIRE hull including windshield frame etc.... Like a pearl while front fading through a bunch of different colers all the way to the back... nothing crazy but maybe a pearl white up front fading into a gray, then gray into blue, then a darker blue and eventually to an almost blue/black on the back...

Do you mean like a rainbow??? :evilb: :p :evilb:

offshoredrillin 05-06-2005 01:49 PM

How about a titanic theme:evilb: I'm King of the world!!!!!

oh, oh an even better one, do a pimp an ho one with a toupee and a Gold Mr T starter kit

Just teasin ya, if i think of a good one i'll post that one too.

offshoredrillin 05-06-2005 01:51 PM

bonesmoker...cough cough. ahah ah ah homo choooooo...:D

DollaBill 05-06-2005 01:53 PM

Focus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

XtremePowerboats.com 05-06-2005 02:33 PM

i've got the perfect theme idea and might be able to get a sponser out of it.

but you never return my phone calls.....

T

DollaBill 05-06-2005 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by XtremeMarine
i've got the perfect theme idea and might be able to get a sponser out of it.

but you never return my phone calls.....

T

EAT ME

XtremePowerboats.com 05-06-2005 03:19 PM

I WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill,
I need cab fare to the dock.
T

Cash Bar 05-06-2005 11:27 PM

You know Bill, I've always been partial to the 40' Skater "Pammy".

Why don't we(hell yes we) do A fat azz PR with a "Carmen Electra" or "Jamie Pressley" boat? :D

Back4More 05-07-2005 12:11 AM

The only thing I could come up with in this state of mind right now would be a "Girls Gone Wild" theme... :drool:

masher44 05-07-2005 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
bonesmoker...cough cough. ahah ah ah homo choooooo...:D

Maybe an orange ribbon paint job?... oh wait then it would just sit in the driveway :evilb:

I got it ! Put a big number 1 on the side and people will sh1t when they think they see a 100 mph Cig..... :evilb: :evilb:

DollaBill 05-07-2005 07:20 AM

Killin me Masher!

Here is the thing. Titos had a great idea, but I'll use that on my other 42. This boat has to be able to be photographed and be ok for kids to see, etc. I love the chick theme, but I just don't think the T&A design will fly on this boat.

As a tool for brainstorming, let's think cartoons for today.

offshoredrillin 05-07-2005 07:32 AM

Maybe an orange ribbon paint job?... oh wait then it would just sit in the driveway :evilb:

I got it ! Put a big number 1 on the side and people will sh1t when they think they see a 100 mph Cig..... :evilb: :evilb:

Thats the blue boat knucklehead, the tiger wouldnt fit in the driveway:evilb:

I would do the Spongebob one, with him wearin a helmet in his boat takin his driving test, sticks pegged and Mrs Puff screaming, have Patrick doing his imitation of JC, and Mr Krabs being Masher, always thinkin about money and peddlin useless stuff. Squidward can be someone off the board that has "tendencies" but shall remain nameless:D...Plankton could be cashbrain, someone who wants to take over the world but is mired in the total awareness that he is a failure and his only companion is a computer that talks to him. Sandy the squirrel could be one of the ladies of OSO, preferably one that has some common sense. Make OSO Steve the pirate that narrates and packinair can be the parrot Potty that mimicks him ( I hear they weigh about the same) feel free to expand on this :evilb:

DollaBill 05-07-2005 07:49 AM

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I thought of Sponge Bob on the wheel and Patrick on the sticks. Maybe in the engine room we could have the Bikini Bottom "Red Light District" :)

mkramer 05-07-2005 08:53 AM

Think about "The Incredibles" as a theme......there son's name was "Dash", you know he ran super fast....... :eek:

Just a thought....let me know where to meet you for the Poker Run... :D

Good luck :drink:

Ron P 05-07-2005 10:30 AM

I always wanted to see an entire chrome boat. Basically a mirror from top to bottom. Not sure if that's possible or not.

Of course, you could go with a John Force dragster paint job.

Or a theme from your favorite Rock band. Some albumn covers might help with the graphics.

masher44 05-07-2005 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by buyafountain.com
Killin me Masher!

Here is the thing. Titos had a great idea, but I'll use that on my other 42. This boat has to be able to be photographed and be ok for kids to see, etc. I love the chick theme, but I just don't think the T&A design will fly on this boat.

As a tool for brainstorming, let's think cartoons for today.

Family Guy or Simpsons... the two best shows ever.... :evilb:

masher44 05-07-2005 10:36 AM

Family Guy or Simpsons... the two best shows ever.... :evilb:

South Park?

Fat Albert?

Evil Barney? :evilb:

masher44 05-07-2005 10:40 AM

Thats the blue boat knucklehead, the tiger wouldnt fit in the driveway:evilb:

I would do the Spongebob one, with him wearin a helmet in his boat takin his driving test, sticks pegged and Mrs Puff screaming, have Patrick doing his imitation of JC, and Mr Krabs being Masher, always thinkin about money and peddlin useless stuff. Squidward can be someone off the board that has "tendencies" but shall remain nameless:D...Plankton could be cashbrain, someone who wants to take over the world but is mired in the total awareness that he is a failure and his only companion is a computer that talks to him. Sandy the squirrel could be one of the ladies of OSO, preferably one that has some common sense. Make OSO Steve the pirate that narrates and packinair can be the parrot Potty that mimicks him ( I hear they weigh about the same) feel free to expand on this :evilb:

you know way too much about SpongeBob you perv :evilb:

.... SpongeRob LawnOrnament ....

.... SpongeRob BirdBath ....

:evilb: :evilb:

masher44 05-07-2005 10:51 AM

You could do a "Long Island Theme" and have cartoon depictions of the Long Island OSO members....

Oh wait that wouldnt work..... Mascara's make-up would run, JC's fat hairy ass wouldn't fit on the boat, Titan's new motor would only run for 10 minutes, the boat would smell like an upwind Staten Island Landfill and you would have too much glare off Z Berger's dome to see where you were going..... :evilb: :evilb:

Or the Potomac River Theme.... nah... that wouldnt work either....

The boat would be way too old, sitting in the driveway with birds on it, and only run 71mph because it would weigh 20,000 lbs .... :evilb: :evilb: :crazy:

masher44 05-07-2005 10:53 AM

Mr Krabs being Masher, always thinkin about money and peddlin useless stuff. :

Like invisible bras :evilb:

Titan 05-07-2005 11:00 AM

Masher

What about a Texas *** theme. You could have pictures of all your buddies with there rock and balls banging there exhaust pipes. Or better yet there male horses....

But that would not work either due to the PG rating that buyafountain.com is looking for.

masher44 05-07-2005 11:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Ron P
I always wanted to see an entire chrome boat. Basically a mirror from top to bottom. Not sure if that's possible or not.

Or a theme from your favorite Rock band. Some albumn covers might help with the graphics.

You could wrap it in tin foil....

You could do JC's favorite band theme..... :evilb: :evilb:

masher44 05-07-2005 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Titan
Masher

What about a Texas *** theme. You could have pictures of all your buddies with there rock and balls banging there exhaust pipes. Or better yet there male horses....

But that would not work either due to the PG rating that buyafountain.com is looking for.

I like your theme!! And I appreciate your offer to ride with you during the NYC Poker Run... more importantly your understanding why I turned it down because I wanted the day to last more than 10 minutes... :evilb: :evilb: :D :D

offshoredrillin 05-07-2005 11:06 AM

Like invisible bras :evilb:

Chicks dig invisible bras:evilb:...wonfer if buyafountain thought it would get this far:D

The potomac river thing would have brown trout up next to the capital:eek:

Family guy would rock!! I can see stewie drivin a 42+ beak=47 footer

offshoredrillin 05-07-2005 11:07 AM

I like your theme!! And I appreciate your offer to ride with you during the NYC Poker Run... more importantly your understanding why I turned it down because I wanted the day to last more than 10 minutes... :evilb: :evilb: :D :D

and no pins in your ankles:(

DollaBill 05-07-2005 12:11 PM

I like the chrome idea & the Evil Barney is funny as hell.

DollaBill 05-07-2005 12:14 PM

2 Attachment(s)
how about these?

FunHome 05-07-2005 12:30 PM

The opening spread in this Month HotBoat looks awesome!!!

JCPERF 05-07-2005 12:55 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I like the big Texas ***got theme.Masher is gonna have Glassdave put these ideas on his new beak boat. :eek: :evilb: Oh yeah he will have his crew riding with him wearing GAGBALLS. :evilb:

Titan 05-07-2005 01:01 PM

Bill

Sorry we did not hook up when I was down in Myrtle. But it will have to be done. Maybe we can run a golf and boating trip for the Gumba's from Long Island. I found a place that makes golf carts in Jacked Up 4x4 versions. At least then it will be fun on the Golf Course running them in to each other. And doing donuts on the Greens.

Than we can tear up the ocean just the same...

This would be a good event to Debut the new Beak...

DollaBill 05-07-2005 01:11 PM

Oh yeah. Thing is that I have lots of business, the kids, etc here in Myrtle Beach. I can have more fun in NY or Ft. Lauderdale. I have a wedding I have to go to (no, not mine) in Brooklyn this summer. I'll let you know when I'll be in the city and we can hook up and find some trouble.

The new 42 will spend all winter in Ft. Lauderdale.