View Poll Results: Tell him he's been frauded?
Yo! you own a fake!
37
77.08%
Nice boat, enjoy...
11
22.92%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree0Likes

Ethical situation...

Reply
Old 05-09-2005, 08:06 PM
  #1
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member
Thread Starter
 
Stormrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Long Island, NY
My Boats: 2003 28 Pantera - SOLD
Posts: 8,810
Default Ethical situation...

I know someone who just bought a boat.
This boat may have been a boat that was for sale along time and was well know on the board as being a fraud.
The questions is, would you check to see if what he bought was indeed the fake and would you bring it to his attention, possibly ruining his experience?
Or would you just let it go and let the next buyer beware?
Stormrider is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 08:07 PM
  #2
Registered
 
JCPERF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Long Island,New York
My Boats: 10 foot Kayak
Posts: 8,908
Default Re: Ethical situation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormrider
I know someone who just bought a boat.
This boat may have been a boat that was for sale along time and was well know on the board as being a fraud.
The questions is, would you check to see if what he bought was indeed the fake and would you bring it to his attention, possibly ruining his experience?
Or would you just let it go and let the next buyer beware?
Uh oh
JCPERF is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 08:09 PM
  #3
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member
Thread Starter
 
Stormrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Long Island, NY
My Boats: 2003 28 Pantera - SOLD
Posts: 8,810
Default Re: Ethical situation...

BTW, if you vote in the pole... its assumed you think Allan4 is a putz.
Stormrider is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 08:10 PM
  #4
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member
Thread Starter
 
Stormrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Long Island, NY
My Boats: 2003 28 Pantera - SOLD
Posts: 8,810
Default Re: Ethical situation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCPERF
Uh oh
LOL...

he ain't on these boards... is he?
Stormrider is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 08:31 PM
  #5
A to Z
Platinum Member
 
Sean H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: KC/LOTO
Posts: 9,156
Default Re: Ethical situation...

if he is a friend i would tell him.... if you just know the guy, maybe you tell one of his friends and let him worry about it.....
Sean H is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 08:33 PM
  #6
Registered
 
JCPERF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Long Island,New York
My Boats: 10 foot Kayak
Posts: 8,908
Default Re: Ethical situation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormrider
LOL...

he ain't on these boards... is he?
No
JCPERF is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 08:33 PM
  #7
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
timewarp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Silverdale,Washington,USA
My Boats: 2002 Spectre 30,300X's
Posts: 602
Default Re: Ethical situation...

I think it probably depends on what you mean by fraud, if it's something that makes the boat unsafe(say a boat that was damaged and not repaired correctly) then most definitely they should be told if it's just that the motors don't make the horsepower stated in the adds it probably doesn't matter. If it was fraud by the previous owner then you should tell them in a timely matter so they can take any legal recourse available to them.


Caleb
timewarp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 08:34 PM
  #8
Registered
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Seal Beach, CA.
My Boats: 98 Wellcraft SCARAB
Posts: 476
Default Re: Ethical situation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean H
if he is a friend i would tell him.... if you just know the guy, maybe you tell one of his friends and let him worry about it.....
Yeah what he said
BADA BING is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 08:36 PM
  #9
Registered
 
Semper Fi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,234
Default Re: Ethical situation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by timewarp
I think it probably depends on what you mean by fraud, if it's something that makes the boat unsafe(say a boat that was damaged and not repaired correctly) then most definitely they should be told if it's just that the motors don't make the horsepower stated in the adds it probably doesn't matter. If it was fraud by the previous owner then you should tell them in a timely matter so they can take any legal recourse available to them.


Caleb

I agree
Semper Fi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 09:19 PM
  #10
Member #154
Platinum Member
 
Indy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: SW CT & Long Island Sound
My Boats: Missing my PowerPlay
Posts: 6,756
Default Re: Ethical situation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by timewarp
I think it probably depends on what you mean by fraud, if it's something that makes the boat unsafe(say a boat that was damaged and not repaired correctly) then most definitely they should be told if it's just that the motors don't make the horsepower stated in the adds it probably doesn't matter. If it was fraud by the previous owner then you should tell them in a timely matter so they can take any legal recourse available to them.


Caleb
Yup
Indy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
littledcsrodshop
General Boating Discussion
26
03-18-2007 08:47 AM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:01 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.