Like Tree0Likes

Lake Winnipesaukee Speed Limit

Old 06-01-2005, 09:54 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: 2003 35 Executioner
Default Re: Lake Winnipesaukee Speed Limit

Faster Than thou..Sit stay...Nevermind Just go lay down or go back to Mass!And Stay there!

Last edited by blownincome; 06-02-2005 at 06:21 AM.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:14 PM
Registered

My Boats: was a 89" Formula 311-SR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasterthanthou
Jon,
What's your point? Are you saying I live in Rochester now too? I thought I lived in Mass? Is there only one Frank? Or are their thousands? Is "Frank" a nom for any speed limit proponent being used by people all over NE? What will his ID be next? What state will he come from next? Who is he? Don't the good people of Rochester have a right to their opinions too, regardless of their names? You are confusing everyone. Is that your goal? Nice distraction.
Frank

A good friend of mine has a saying that I believe is quite appropriate here:

"When one finds oneself in a hole,
it's best to stop digging"

There is NO ONE confused here about you. I doubt very seriously anyone here would trust you enough to ask you what time of day it is, and I damn sure know that no one here would even consider giving you the time of day.

Stick a fork in yourself liar cause YOU'RE DONE......

oh yeah, almost forgot, WHERE'S THE PROOF???????
You got called out "knob", like I said, PUT UP OR SHUT UP!!!!!!
Old 06-12-2005, 10:13 AM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

My Boats: 1998 Aquasport 205 Oosprey

The Meek Shall Inherit The Earth

http://www.unionleader.com/articles_...?article=56120

Quote:
But Pilliod — himself a boater — says 45 mph can be “very fast.”

“If you want to be a thrill seeker, 45 is thrilling,” he said. “What happens is pretty traumatic. There’s no reason for great speed. I have two engines on my boat and I don’t go over 25.

“And I wouldn’t even go over 10 or 15 at night,” Pilliod said. “Twenty-five (at night) is for people who have more skills than I do.”
With all due respect to our elder statesman - you sir are 74 years old- thus it is not a surprise that you find 45mph to be thrilling. Most of the drivers in our state believe your skills have diminished behind the wheel of an automobile and should be tested yearly . I'd like to propose a new house bill that citizens over the age of 70 are required to have their ability to operate a motor vessel and automobiles tested yearly. Your vision and reflexes diminish with each passing day - a risk to us all. My concern sir is for the safety of the general public and not only catering to one segment of society.

Quote:
Merrill Fay, owner of Fay’s Boatyard in Glendale, worked with Pilliod and talked to his customers to develop the proposed speed limits for Winnipesaukee.

Lake George has 45 and 25,” Fay said. “We dealt with 45 and 50 and 55 in thinking about it, and the 55 seemed too much; 50 might be more acceptable, and I think it’s open to that kind of thinking.

“The 25 at night? I don’t know how to compromise on that,” Fay said. “It works at Lake George and, like Winnipesaukee, that lake has islands and recreational boating. I think it’s fair. That’s when somebody is going to get killed. And a boat doesn’t ride well until you get up to at least 25.

“The people who will be most affected are somebody who wants to go 50 to 75 miles an hour. If you bought a boat just to do that, this bill isn’t good for you.
And Mr Fay - the cause and owner of the near Super Fund toxic site on the lake, you worked with a 74 year old man - spoke to your customers, most are sail boaters - and believe you found the route of all evils. How about cleaning up that eye sore pit of a marina.

btw self righteous - http://www.faysboatyard.com/site_pag...g_index_1.html 90 Black Thunder Powerboats XL 320 TWIN 454 Magnum Mercruisers
Quote:
Under the power-assisted engine hatch are TWIN Mercruiser screws - 454 Magnums producing 365 HP each! Fuel capacity is 153 gallons and there is a Halon fire extinguisher system & through-hull exhaust, too.
Better tell your consignment customer your doing all you can to ban his boat from the lake
Old 06-12-2005, 02:11 PM
Registered

I would just like to know after all the controversy, especially regarding what happened at the last hearing (nobody FOR the speed limit showed up) that your newspaper up there is completely unable to grasp the concept of just what is actually going on.

Everyone up there should ask for an investigation of Faye's Boat Yard to be sure he is in full complience of all state regulations. From what I've seen photos of and heard, his place is basically a toxic waste dump.

I hope the word gets out to FILL those meeting halls with people against the speed limit proposals. I'm twelve hundred miles away and that whole situation makes me want to puke.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:24 AM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Default Hearings are scheduled!!!

This just in from Winnilakers

Winnilakers,
The RR&D committee has schedule the House Bill 162 hearings this summer for the first 2 hearings.

The first 2 hearings are
Wednesday, June 29th at 7:00pm, Moultonborough Academy, 25 Blake Road, Moultonborough NH

Wednesday, July 6th at 7:00pm, Kingswood High School, 296 South Main Street, Wolfeboro, NH

What is House Bill 162?

To impose a speed limit of 45 mph during the day and 25 during the night on Lake Winnipeseaukee.

What can you do?
We need your attendance, you don't have to speak, just need you to be present. There will be a sign up form there to get your vote. If you would like to speak in opposition to HB162, please contact Jodi Grimbilas at

603-225-7170.

Hearings Etiquette

Please do not talk or make sarcastic sounds when speakers are talking. We know they can be challenging, but being professional goes a long way!!

Why oppose it?

There are no facts or statistical data that shows that a speed limit will make the lake any safer as the supporters state. They simply want to return the lake back to the Dirty Dancing Era.

Please pass onto everyone, bring as many people as you can

Custie

Also visit http://www.nhrba.com to become a member of an organization that will help fight for your rights to boat!

You may have seen the press lately, this is seriously being considered!!!!
Old 06-15-2005, 12:32 PM
Registered

My Boats: NorTech

We'll see you all there
Mike H.
Old 06-15-2005, 01:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (1)

My Boats: 95 Cigarette Top Gun

I will be at the June 19th meeting at least.
Old 06-15-2005, 08:21 PM
Registered

I got an email from [email protected] or something like that with the same message that CMG just posted. I even filed it so I could post but it's already up, thanks CMG

EVERYBODY NEEDS TO BE THEREL.......................................

EVERYBODY......................................... ...............................

If it wasn't eleven hundred miles away, I'd be there. If I could get away from work I'd consider making the trip. Good luck guys/gals.
Old 06-15-2005, 08:34 PM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Same source, Custie is the man behind the curtain
Old 06-15-2005, 11:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (1)

My Boats: EX 99 MPH 272 Baja owner, 1999 Scarab 33 AVS NOW

Do your best to keep it from getting pased,I'm going there in end of july on vacation!!!Thanks to all you local guys for working to defeat it,Smitty