Notices

Miami Vice Scarab I ?

Old 05-26-2005, 03:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Re: Miami Vice Scarab I ?

I have the box set of the first season, can't stop watching it. I don't remember ever seeing that boat when the show was on. I do remember some smaller boats being used, however they were outboards. Example, when Sonny lost his memory due to an explosion aboard a drug lords boat. And I also remember a small chase scene thru the canals. Also, outboard. It was chezzy fast motion too, hilarous.

Can't beat the 39' Chris Craft when they were heading to the Bahamas to get Caldarone. Awesome.
Old 05-27-2005, 04:28 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 99 Likes on 53 Posts
Default Re: Miami Vice Scarab I ?

I asked this guy this question and this was his response:

You asked:
"When was this boat used in the show. I dont remember there being a Scarab I used anywhere in the TV show. I asked many other people who watched the show too and they dont remember a Scarab I being used for any stunts in the show?"

Thats because the makers of the show want you to think that the bigger boat is actually doing all the stunts, so with the help of trick photography its not hard at all to achieve the exact scenes they want and delete the ones they don't.
Old 05-27-2005, 04:48 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Oh Come On Now
Old 05-27-2005, 07:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look under his other auctions......there's some "Ocean front property in Arizona"
Old 05-27-2005, 07:18 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Sacandaga
I have the box set of the first season, can't stop watching it. I don't remember ever seeing that boat when the show was on. I do remember some smaller boats being used, however they were outboards. Example, when Sonny lost his memory due to an explosion aboard a drug lords boat. And I also remember a small chase scene thru the canals. Also, outboard. It was chezzy fast motion too, hilarous.

Can't beat the 39' Chris Craft when they were heading to the Bahamas to get Caldarone. Awesome.
Gotta agree with you on that scene - one of the best! Rough water, airing out the '39, and that song 'Voices' playing.

Driver - High's Fuel Your Journey Cigarette Racing Team #598
Old 05-27-2005, 08:12 AM
Registered

Damn, I can hear it now-"Don't look back yesterday's gone.."

I wonder who sang that tune?

As far as trick photography for the small boat to look like the big KV, the graphics are not even the same. The KV never said Scarab down the side of the hull. And, the windshield it totally different.
Old 05-27-2005, 08:27 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

As far as trick photography for the small boat to look like the big KV, the graphics are not even the same. The KV never said Scarab down the side of the hull. And, the windshield it totally different.
Here is the answer to your soMiami Vice DVD
... Universal has done Miami Vice right in this 3 double-sided DVD set ... Russ Ballard's "Voices" while the speedboat crosses the Atlantic to the Bahamas in "Calderone's Return ...www.fiftiesweb.com/tv/miami-vice-dvd.html - 18k - Cached - More from this site
ing question:

Driver - High's Fuel Your Journey Cigarette Racing Team #598
Old 05-27-2005, 08:33 AM
Registered

Location: Where the water meets the oaks 'n Pines in the Sierra Nevada's of NorCal

YAAAA....HOOOOO. Great song to crank up.

" I've got the key....Voices...I hear Voices...Don't look back yesterdays gone...don't turn away...Voices.....I hear voices"

Album called:
Russ Ballard and The Fire still Burns.
1996 Renaissance Records, Inc P.O. Box 681786 Franklin, TN

Go Ciggie31
Old 07-25-2005, 09:06 PM
Registered

Just read this link and wanted to shed some light on the situation; since I'm the guy who bought the boat. In fact, I'm writing this from the road on my way to finally take delivery of the boat.

Now before I bought the boat, I did a lot of research to verify it's authenticity. To start at the begining, and probably the most important thing with this boat, is that it was customized by George Barris of Barris Kustoms. George is probably most famous for desiging the Batmobile, the General Lee, Knight Rider, etc. Anyway the boat was done by George.

From there, the boat was sold to Universal Studios. While at Universal Studios, the boat performed a multitued of tasks. I know that it was used at one point in the famous TV show Miami Vice, as either a stunt boat or as a background boat. There is some confusion on when and how it was actually used; and I am working on getting information as to what exact episode and season.

The boat was also used in some other television shows, and once again, I am efforting those as I speak. The only one I'm 100% positive in is that it was used during an episode of "Double Dare" a children's program featured on Nick. There was also some indications that it was used in some episodes of "Fear Factor" as well, but I can't confirm this.

Finally, the boat was used in the stunt show "Miami Vice Action Spectacular" as well as being used as a "promo boat" at the studio....like the Magnum P.I. Ferrari 308 you can have your picture taken by at Universal Studios.

I am meeting with George Barris tomorrow to get some of the blanks in the history filled in with the boat.

This is my first boat of this class, although my father and I have owned/restored over 31 different "river" speedboats....mostly 15-19' Glastrons. In fact, I still have a '77 Glaston GT150; the boat made famous from the James Bond film Live and Let Die (No I don't own THE boat from Live and Let Die, just one like it.)

Plans for the boat include a complete resoration (the exterior needs some help, as well as a new windshield and some minor cosmetic items. Most of the work is going to be done by Lilly Powerboats, owned by the famous offshore racer Art Lilly. The engine is a strong runner so it will be basic upkeep and restoration on this...all new hoses, water pump, plugs, wires, etc. Eventually, I plan on showing the boat.

I'll probably be asking lots of questions during my restoration, so I just wanted to thank everyone in advance for all the help.
Old 07-25-2005, 09:47 PM
Banned

Cool! Be sure to keep us updated. I think it's neat even if it turns out it wasn't used in the show.

Quick Reply: Miami Vice Scarab I ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.