Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What would you do if Dealer wanted you to pay more after buying Truck? >

What would you do if Dealer wanted you to pay more after buying Truck?

Notices

What would you do if Dealer wanted you to pay more after buying Truck?

Old 06-22-2005, 02:59 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: What would you do if Dealer wanted you to pay more after buying Truck?

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "Hello. Really? No, problem. I'll be right down with a check just as soon as he11 freezes over!!!!!!!!!!"
Attached Images  
Old 06-22-2005, 03:15 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What would you do if Dealer wanted you to pay more after buying Truck?

You'd have to be nuts to even consider returning his phone call.

I agree, they are just scamming you for some extra money.

How funny these guys can be at times.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:20 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbojack
Paid cash. Salesman did say that the good news(???) is we still have our poiints. ................
Go visit them and offer to "give" them the points they were due. No way I would give them a check for ANY amount. Let them know you would have bought a Ford PSD if you were going to have to pay $2,900 more!
Old 06-22-2005, 03:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'll give them credit for being creative, but would tell them to go phuck themselves. Seriously.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by t500hps
Let them know you would have bought a Ford PSD if you were going to have to pay $2,900 more!

Already told them that.
Old 06-22-2005, 04:02 PM
Registered

I think they are F'd! You having a signed contract and a free and clear title in your name- - - Not to mention it took them 5 months to figure out their mistake... Let us know the outcome.
BTW- I bought my wife a new tahoe about 6 months ago, I think I will call the dealer and tell them I screwed up and payed $2900 more than I intended and want the $$$$
Old 06-22-2005, 04:10 PM
Banned

I know everyone just says ****em but I think that you should check with your local DMV office. If they are doing something wrong the DMV will file a complaint on them. Also try to contact Jay Photoglou on this website and ask his opinion. I also have been in the car business for years but on the wholesale side. To me it seems like the dealer made a paper mistake but it is now his problem. Your local DMV should be able to help you
Old 06-22-2005, 04:32 PM
Banned

A guy on another board just went through something very similar. Dealer threatened to come take the truck. I think nothing ever came of it. That was only a few days after making a deal. Five months! They are out of their minds.
Old 06-22-2005, 04:34 PM
Registered

I'd just tell them "nice try".........
Old 06-22-2005, 05:19 PM
Registered

Tell them to pound sand. If there is some paperwork that they need from you to allow them to get reimbursed from your GM card, you can decide if you want to work with them. Tell them they can have the truck back if they want it, you can probably get a better deal on a new GM truck now than you did 5 months ago

Quick Reply: What would you do if Dealer wanted you to pay more after buying Truck?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.