Notices

Places to boat

Old 06-23-2005, 06:13 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Places to boat

IN recent conversations with another OSO member, we have talked about places to boat.

What are the best places to boat? And why?

If you answer, please add what OTHER places you've boated so you have comparables (if you say a place is the best and have never been anywhere else, please state that)

If you can, please add what capacity you've boated other places. for example, we like to vacation some places boating, but I don't know I'd want to live there are boat every day.

For example, I boat on Lake MI and have been to LOTO, Cumberland and Torch Lake with my boat. I'd do the poker run at Cumberland, but that's about all I'm interested in. 76 Falls 1 day is enough. LOTO is awesome, but I don't think I'd want to boat there every busy weekend. I enjoy party cove/shootout, etc 1 weekend and then a nice slow week with nobody around but boats in our group. Lake MI is okay, but St Joe has nothing at all for eatery's on the water and things to do FROM the boat. We hae to travel 30 min or more by boat to get to a "happening" place.

There are probably lots of awesome places to boat and I'd like to learn more about them from those that spend a lot of time there and why they love it so much.

So my list is Lake MI
LOTO
Cumberland

Any others from?
Lanier
Mead
FL (cities please)
chesapeake
Long Island/NY
Canada
Texas
CA
Havasu
NC/SC

Are there websites that tell more about where you boat? Please list those as well. I'd like to check those out.
Old 06-23-2005, 06:46 PM
Registered

Default Re: Places to boat

Looks like I get to tell you a little about the lake I live on,Tablerock lake in southwest Missouri. I also have to say I don't know much about any other lakes because I just can't see it being much better than this. I have been to LOTO several times and no doubt it's lots of fun. Party cove is one of a kind but its not a place I would pick just for everyday boating. We have a small place called the swing thats a party spot sometimes a couple hundred boat but not near as wild as LOTO, not saying thats good or bad just the way it is. I live about in the middle part of the lake there are about three different arms of the lake you can go from here each way is about a 20-25 mile ride so from my house you have 70-80 miles of water. The lakes deepest part is in the 200 ft range prob. average 70ft its usually clear enough to see 15-20 feet sometimes more. Thru the week it can be like glass if you like that and fairly rough on holidays and some weekends. Its near Branson Mo. so if you like country music this is your place, just not for me even though my family owns one of the biggest theaters there. Silver Dollar city is a big amusement park with a 1800s theme. Really lots of family stuff here and a great lake just not offshore type boating.Your prob. bored to death by now so I'll quit. Hope to see some of ya out in my front yard. I love the sound of BIG BLOCK twins..
Old 06-23-2005, 06:54 PM
JnT
Registered

For a vacation with the boat I'm saying Destin,FL for boat week. The clear water and pure white sand is amazing. Lots of things to do off the water also.
http://emeraldcoastboatweek.com/
Attached Thumbnails Places to boat-anniversary05-057.jpg   Places to boat-205ci.jpg  

Last edited by JnT; 06-23-2005 at 07:00 PM.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:44 PM
Charter Member #1015
Charter Member

Somebody phone Chaos and get the popcorn popp'n.
Old 06-24-2005, 12:33 AM
Registered

I've been boating on several lakes, (LOTO once, wave runners may not count) Lake Geneva, Twin Lakes, Chain-O-Lakes when living in IL. Chain was the most fun, with the most to do but you need to becareful!!! Lake is very busy on the weekends.

After Moving to AZ I've been Saugaro Lake, Bartlett Lake, Lake Pleasant (Frequent here the most, closest to home) & Lake Havasu.

Out of all the lakes I'd have to say Havasu is by far my favorite!!! Alot of places to hang out and have a good time, plenty of lake to run around in, and an abundence of nice boats to look at!!!
Old 06-24-2005, 09:13 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

3 responses? That's it? There are multiple pages on a Paging Kaama post and I get 3 posts on where you people boat?

Anyone know where I can go to find this info?
Old 06-24-2005, 11:53 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I've been boating on the Chesapeake for 20 years. Upper, Middle, and lower bay. Been to Lake Murray S.C., Key West (on a friends Sutphen), Gulf of Mexico off of Orange Beach Alabama (in the OSO Gladiator).....Loved them all!! But the bay is still my favorite....maybe because I know it as well as I do and there are so many places to go to.
Old 06-25-2005, 12:06 AM
Registered

The Tampa Bay area has got to have it all--really from Tarpon Springs to Ft Meyers and the Dry Tortuga's to Cabbage Key to Sanibel to Rattlefish Grill.

Boating it's real best almost year-round.
Old 06-25-2005, 07:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Poorsche
The Tampa Bay area has got to have it all--really from Tarpon Springs to Ft Meyers and the Dry Tortuga's to Cabbage Key to Sanibel to Rattlefish Grill.

Boating it's real best almost year-round.
I second that. Getting ready to head down there now.
Old 06-25-2005, 07:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by florida gator
I second that. Getting ready to head down there now.
Agreed, great water, plenty to do on & off 12 months of the year.

Quick Reply: Places to boat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.