If I wanted to move to FLA. >

If I wanted to move to FLA.

Notices

If I wanted to move to FLA.

Old 06-25-2005, 08:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If I wanted to move to FLA.

I have wanted to move to Florida all my life, now I'm getting real serious about it. I know this is pretty general but you guys living there can help. As far as a boating location with access to the gulf where is the best properly locations, and I guess I mean cheapest area. Prop. is getting so expensive there I don't know if I can afford it but maybe you can help. I plan on spending a few weeks down there looking but just don't know where to start. Thanks
Old 06-25-2005, 08:38 AM
Registered

Default Re: If I wanted to move to FLA.

In North Pinellas County you will be in the $500,000-$600,000 range to buy and older home on the water. If you go just a little north to Pasco County, you get on the water in the $350,000-$450,000 range. There are several large high-and-dry's in north county as well as several good boat ramps. All in all, a very good place to boat from.
Old 06-25-2005, 10:46 AM
Registered

I have a condo there in Tarpon springs...Was there all last year working for Deere. It was ausome FLA is so Great!!!!

I would boat with guys in Sarasota are ..It was good boating..

Yea pasco sounty is getting revitalized it is nice...
Old 06-25-2005, 04:42 PM
Registered

Property values are skyrocketing just about everywhere, particularly waterfront property. Last year in Sarasota County, houses went up over 34%.

In south Sarasota Co., (Nokomis, Venice, Englewood) houses on canals with direct Gulf access will probably cost you a minimum of 400K and that's the cheapest you'll find in this neck of the woods. We bought our home in Aug. of 01' for 175K and will be putting it on the market, probably by Sept. 1st, for half a mil. That's how much the waterfront property has escalated down here. And it's not just the waterfront property. Last month, the median home in Sarasota Co. was 334K It's getting outrageous.
Old 06-25-2005, 05:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw
Property values are skyrocketing just about everywhere, particularly waterfront property. Last year in Sarasota County, houses went up over 34%.

In south Sarasota Co., (Nokomis, Venice, Englewood) houses on canals with direct Gulf access will probably cost you a minimum of 400K and that's the cheapest you'll find in this neck of the woods. We bought our home in Aug. of 01' for 175K and will be putting it on the market, probably by Sept. 1st, for half a mil. That's how much the waterfront property has escalated down here. And it's not just the waterfront property. Last month, the median home in Sarasota Co. was 334K It's getting outrageous.
Thanks for the info, Is the price of condo's any better as far something thats not used for rentals. I prob. would even consider that. Thanks for your time
Old 06-25-2005, 05:12 PM
Registered

In fact if someone knows of any place that has ocean access stays warm most of the year and is good boating even if its not Fla. I will listen.
Old 06-25-2005, 05:56 PM
Banned

St Pete, Sarasota, Bradenton, and Clearwater have in my opinion the best waters for boating in Florida, but there ain't nothing cheap about it, and you better not be sensitive to traffic jams.

North of Clearwater is ok, but there is LOTS of shallow water, and not the big bays to run in.
Old 06-25-2005, 06:10 PM
Registered

Thanks guys this all helps, I hate leaving where I'm at now so I don't want to mess up. But I want to get to the ocean.
Old 06-25-2005, 09:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rdp145
Thanks for the info, Is the price of condo's any better as far something thats not used for rentals. I prob. would even consider that. Thanks for your time
Yes, that would be a bit less expensive. You could find something nice for about 250/300K condo/townhouse but then you'd have to have a place to put your boat.
Old 06-26-2005, 04:42 PM
Registered

Pasco County is probably the farthest north you would want to go for decent boating. I trailer to Hudson alot and run anywhere from there to Cleawater Beach. The boating is definately better off the coast of Pinellas. I have spent 3 of the last 4 weekends running down there.