Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Performance boat rental in Miami? >

Performance boat rental in Miami?

Notices

Performance boat rental in Miami?

Old 06-28-2005, 07:59 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Performance boat rental in Miami?

My wife and I are headed down to Miami for the weekend. I am looking for a go fast to rent in hopes of turning her onto it.

Due to liability reasons I am sure that rentals are few and far between but does anyone know of a possible rental in Miami?
Old 06-28-2005, 08:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Performance boat rental in Miami?

http://www.speedboatrides.com/

Comes with a captain, but he'll take you anywhere you want to go!!!!

There's a cig there also somewhere and I remember in one of the posts here there is another outfit that would actually get you out behind the wheel.... it's been a while... search the posts, I know the info is here somewhere... Good luck!!!!
Old 06-28-2005, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I gotta say this guy is not the smartest business man...unless he is just obsessed with boating (I know, who of us isn't?) It says $40/person for one hour with a $160.00 minimum. Meaning you can bring 4 people on the boat for one hour for $160.00. So here it goes...gas for one hour going 65mph??? For me that costs about $114.00 with gas being $2.85 at my dock. Then you figure in repairs on a boat like that, and we ALL know what thats like. Not only that, but the guy is putting crazy hours on his engines, he must have to rebuild them constatly. I would say if you add all this together, this guy is in a losing business. I guess he gets to fly around florida in his Sonic all day for free, but how does he make a living?
Old 06-28-2005, 10:31 AM
CBR
www.hyperfishing.com
Platinum Member

Robert (Bob) is a great guy, had over 8,000 hours on the Sonic when we went out with him in 1999 or so. That is why we decided to buy a Sonic and have not regretted the decision. Our 1988 Sonic is tough as nails also. Thanks Capt. Bob!

I am sure he helped sell many Sonics over the years. Hope the new crew at Sonic appreciate their business due to capt. Bob and crew.

Last edited by CBR; 06-28-2005 at 10:34 AM.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:25 AM
Registered

I thought the same, but I figured Crazy Gregg just kept the boat as a business so he could write the whole boat off and still use it for personal business. Now that he is gone, the same guys are still running it, not sure how they make a profit unless someone else with money took over.

It's a smart thing to do.... rather than putting out a few hundred grand for a boat, have a boat business like this and even if you are only breaking even, your still ahead of the game as compared to buying a boat for your own personal use....
Old 06-28-2005, 11:26 AM
Registered

Last I was out with Robert, he had a 38 2001 I believe with the 496's in it, I thought I saw it up for sale some time ago... maybe he's still running same 38....

I also thought the same thing about Sonic after going out with him when in town.. they beat the hell out of the boat and damm if it takes every last beating.... sold me.... I'm running a sonic now....
Old 06-28-2005, 11:47 AM
CBR
www.hyperfishing.com
Platinum Member

in 1999 or so, Crazy Greg was running a 35 I think, not sure what year. I guess he moved up to a 38.

I know Jay at Sonic had a "special relationship" with Crazy Greg, knowing that Captain Bob and crew were a great sales tool for Sonic.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:51 AM
CBR
www.hyperfishing.com
Platinum Member

JPM540 check with the Key West chamber of commerce, last I heard someone there was renting muscleboats for peanuts. No depth finder or GPS, so you better be careful with where you go, and any ocean running is going to piss off your wife. Idling around the intercoastal and a few high speed blasts (few waves) will be okay. Mirror smooth water will be best at cnvincing your wife it is okay to go fast.
Old 06-28-2005, 12:01 PM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

I went out with Crazy Greg in about '00. We stayed out for 3 hours to miss some weather, and he just charged us the minimum. He is one very interesting guy, and has the lowdown on all of the houses and anything happening in town. He was not in it for the money, he was just having fun. He used to own night clubs in town, so he was just playing a retired guy with a dream job. Over 8000 hours did say alot for Sonic, solid ride, and that boat got driven When he turned his hat backwards and said YEE HAW, you better be holding on!

Last edited by WARPARTY36; 06-28-2005 at 12:03 PM.
Old 06-28-2005, 12:21 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking Re: Performance boat rental in Miami?

Originally Posted by CBR
in 1999 or so, Crazy Greg was running a 35 I think, not sure what year. I guess he moved up to a 38.

I know Jay at Sonic had a "special relationship" with Crazy Greg, knowing that Captain Bob and crew were a great sales tool for Sonic.
That makes more sense. I would be happy driving around a Sonic all day. Great advertising for Sonic Too. That would be a great weekend job.

Quick Reply: Performance boat rental in Miami?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.