Default Re: Skater Vee, y so little info

Well what are they waiting for, push that drive
Old 06-28-2005, 06:31 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I love Skaters........ and dislike stepped vees.

What a conflict......... I think my head will explode.

As I recall....Peter built this boat for two reasons

1. To give Baja (of all people) a hull to take to the race circuit and true performance market(a project that was subsequently abandoned)

2. To get the self satisfaction that he could build not only a better cat than the chest thumping vee bottom builders......but also a better vee.

He accomplished both goals.......but may have lost interest , given that the end result......good as it is......still has limitations when compared to his twin hulls.

So

As I am so fond of saying...............

Buy a Skater

Cat.

T2x
Old 06-29-2005, 10:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

, t2x he would not have built a v bottom if he had not built a fountain. i see fountain still holds the worldsFASTEST v bottom . i know you like peters boats but the v bottom king is reggie . would it be nice to see your cat boat as the fastes in the world .
Old 06-30-2005, 10:01 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain1fan
would it be nice to see your cat boat as the fastest in the world .
Actually, Bacardi silver ran 202, which I believe is the fastest gasoline run to date. (It's a Skater)
Old 06-30-2005, 01:02 PM
Registered

I thought PRA tested the original SPiderman boat w/ 525's at 108mph way back. Pull the sterlings reggie used out of his kilo-run boat and drop them in the 399. The Skater will put a beat'n on that fountain. I think the reason you dont see Peter compete is because he has nothing to prove. As Art Kern just stated, where does every mfg bring their designs when they really want to make their boats run.....Douglas Marine
Old 06-30-2005, 02:30 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SpiltV
How does this work when Skater builds a boat for another manufacturer? Do they ship the molds to Skater? Or do the Skater boys go to them? Either way, sounds extremely expensive!
doing it right always cost more..... i don't know the logistics of it though, probably do everything at skater for QC issues...
Old 06-30-2005, 02:50 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain1fan
, t2x he would not have built a v bottom if he had not built a fountain. i see fountain still holds the worldsFASTEST v bottom . i know you like peters boats but the v bottom king is reggie . would it be nice to see your cat boat as the fastes in the world .
Thanks for the history lesson.....Let me check my records....... HMMMM.

Okay.......

Jean Claude Simon designs the Excalibur........ a successful race and performance hull..... and winner of Production class , World and National Championships

Reggie (along with Gary Garbrecht) licenses the hull and makes the first Excalibur Executioners........ a bold and highly creative step.

Reggie opens his own plant..... puts a beak on the Excalibur....and "Voila!"....the first Fountain is born.... a bold and highly creative step.

Later he adds steps....along with every other yahoo monohull builder on the planet..... and (in unison) they all claim to be the first...... except Reggie's steps are bolder and more highly creative.

Finally Peter builds his race boats...at Skater...and Fountain becomes much more successful on the race course....( What a coincidence)..... (Simultaneously Reggie races a Skater Cat...with Fountain scrawled all over the sides)....a bold and highly creative stroke

Reggie takes the construction technology back to Fountainville, North Carolina...... in a bold and highly creative stroke.

What ever happened to Jean Claude Simon.......... The creator of Fountain you ask? He's someplace with Tommy Adams the creator of Signature hulls........which became another (two) of todays "Bold and Creative" vee bottom boat lines.

The moral of the story?

Buy a Skater........

or an Excalibur

Reggie did.......

T2x

Last edited by T2x; 06-30-2005 at 02:56 PM.
Old 06-30-2005, 04:00 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I always wondered who designed the Excalibur as there are a lot of boat running with its bottom.
Old 06-30-2005, 04:04 PM
Registered

ok but a long time ago he out run all the cats on a lake when they had 4 engens he had 3 let's he started building fountain boats in 1979 a long time befor he met up with peter peter builds a hell of a boat but HE does not even drive his boats
Old 06-30-2005, 04:10 PM
Registered

tsg i was talking about t2x cat that he used to build . art k i'm sorry ,what was it thanking. peter is the onily boat builder in the world. dam i 'm dumd .

Quick Reply: Skater Vee, y so little info

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.