Skater Vee, y so little info

Old 06-30-2005, 04:36 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Skater Vee, y so little info

Originally Posted by fountain1fan
ok but a long time ago he out run all the cats on a lake when they had 4 engens he had 3 let's he started building fountain boats in 1979 a long time befor he met up with peter peter builds a hell of a boat but HE does not even drive his boats
I believe you are referring to the lake Ponchartrain race were Reggie passes Don Johnson, after Johnson had lost an engine or two.

I don't follow you where Pete drives his own boats or not?
Old 06-30-2005, 10:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x
Thanks for the history lesson.....Let me check my records....... HMMMM.

Okay.......

Jean Claude Simon designs the Excalibur........ a successful race and performance hull..... and winner of Production class , World and National Championships

Reggie (along with Gary Garbrecht) licenses the hull and makes the first Excalibur Executioners........ a bold and highly creative step.

Reggie opens his own plant..... puts a beak on the Excalibur....and "Voila!"....the first Fountain is born.... a bold and highly creative step.

Later he adds steps....along with every other yahoo monohull builder on the planet..... and (in unison) they all claim to be the first...... except Reggie's steps are bolder and more highly creative.

Finally Peter builds his race boats...at Skater...and Fountain becomes much more successful on the race course....( What a coincidence)..... (Simultaneously Reggie races a Skater Cat...with Fountain scrawled all over the sides)....a bold and highly creative stroke

Reggie takes the construction technology back to Fountainville, North Carolina...... in a bold and highly creative stroke.

What ever happened to Jean Claude Simon.......... The creator of Fountain you ask? He's someplace with Tommy Adams the creator of Signature hulls........which became another (two) of todays "Bold and Creative" vee bottom boat lines.

The moral of the story?

Buy a Skater........

or an Excalibur

Reggie did.......

T2x
And that folks, is about the best synopsis of Fountain history I have read in a long time. Truthful, and to the point.

What year was dirt invented ?
Old 06-30-2005, 11:27 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by art kern
APACHE CARL QUESTION ??? / SO WERE DID IT BEGIN , THE DIRT / A . K .A . /

T2X invented it... or was at least there to witness it...
Old 06-30-2005, 11:27 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Skater Vee, y so little info

Originally Posted by fountain1fan
peter builds a hell of a boat but HE does not even drive his boats
That impresses me even more how a man can design boats after boats and without even getting in one to get the feel for it, then the boats come out on top on race day....

Simply imazing, and the best!
Attached Thumbnails Skater Vee, y so little info-skatervspiderman_16_crop.jpg   Skater Vee, y so little info-skatervspiderman93.jpg   Skater Vee, y so little info-skatervspiderman92.jpg  

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 07-01-2005, 07:45 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x

T2x

Ah yes, that's our boy.
Old 07-01-2005, 08:20 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Wanna see real "bold and creative"??????

1964 Custom Craft cat/tri........built by a guy named H. Donald Conazzi in Buffalo, NY. How does this compare to today's "newest step technology"?

To people like ol' H. Donald ....vee bottoms have been boring for decades.

T2x
Attached Thumbnails Skater Vee, y so little info-mvc-003s.jpg  

Last edited by T2x; 07-01-2005 at 08:25 AM.
Old 07-01-2005, 09:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x

Finally Peter builds his race boats...at Skater...and Fountain becomes much more successful on the race course....( What a coincidence)..... (Simultaneously Reggie races a Skater Cat...with Fountain scrawled all over the sides)....a bold and highly creative stroke

Reggie takes the construction technology back to Fountainville, North Carolina...... in a bold and highly creative stroke.

T2x
I'm not 100% sure it was the construction or the 6+ months Peter spent tooling the mold that made the difference for Fountain.
Old 07-01-2005, 09:43 AM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mr_velocity
I'm not 100% sure it was the construction or the 6+ months Peter spent tooling the mold that made the difference for Fountain.
i would consider tooling the mold the first step in the construction process and maybe the most vital... from there, doesn't matter what you layup if your mold is crap...
Old 07-01-2005, 10:41 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by art kern
SO WERE DID IT BEGIN , THE DIRT / A . K .A . /
One day I looked at Linder....and said...."All we have is rocks.... and nothing seems to grow in them except this damn moss...that sprouted up from that liquid you invented to float boats on(water)....... Let's break the rocks into smaller and smaller pieces and mix in some of that decaying moss stuff and call it shmorgle"

George replied..."I love it....but, lose the name....Let's call it trid instead."

I thought a minute and reversed the letters and decided "dirt" was a better term.

So OSO'r's........ always remember.............. that dirt....

is trid spelled backwards.

T2x
Old 07-01-2005, 03:01 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Rich, you're getting dillusional again Better get the cat out and go boating. Quickly before any more of these weird rambling thoughts creep to the consious side of your brain and end up on your key board

Quick Reply: Skater Vee, y so little info

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.