Risk of Selling Boat To Man In Europe >

Risk of Selling Boat To Man In Europe

Notices

Risk of Selling Boat To Man In Europe

Old 06-30-2005, 08:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Risk of Selling Boat To Man In Europe

I have my Cat for sale and have been offered a good price for it. The only thing is the man is from europe and he wants to wire funds to my bank. I remember seeing some posts in the past where there is some kind of scam going on with overseas sales. What is the correct way for me to sell my boat. Appreciate any advise that you may care to give..As of now, I have no idea as to how he is going to get it there, but I do know that I dont want it going anywhere untill I have the cash in my account..
Eliminator219
Old 06-30-2005, 09:02 PM
Registered

Default Re: Risk of Selling Boat To Man In Europe

what you dont want to do is give him your active bank account number. Open a new account and close it after the transaction or better yet have him wire to your attorney's escrow account.
Talk to him, does he know what he's buying? You should be able to figure out weather he is BS or not quick.
There are people on the board that have had legit sales to europe, maybe they will chime in.
Old 06-30-2005, 09:07 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

set up escrow account, do not use any of your own accounts!!!!

i agree with tantrum, talk to him, is he more interested in the transfer or the boat? i would make him do the leg work, if he is serious he will do it, if it is a scam he will split... if he is legit, he will give you all his info you need, name, address, phone, bank's name, possible transport company (if he has really been shopping over here, he has already looked into this...) is he asking for a survey? if it doens't seem right, it probably isn't...
Old 06-30-2005, 11:55 PM
Registered

Be very very careful. Don't trust anyone especially from another country. Think about it, would you buy a boat from another country? If so probably only if it was really a steal. Is your boat that cheap, if so why hasn't it sold here? I don't trust anyone anymore. I have received a fake cashiers check before (no I didn't fall for it) so be cautious of any form of payment. If it is an Internet deal be even more careful. If the deal goes bad can you find the guy to make it right?
Old 07-01-2005, 07:36 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Is he offering you more $$$ to cover shipping expense & wire back the balance ?
Old 07-01-2005, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

get in touch with XRATED30 . he sold his last boat to someone VERY far away. didn't have any problems .
Old 07-01-2005, 07:53 AM
Registered

When I sold my vette a guy from UK wanted it and wanted to send me a check for over the amount and have me refund him the difference...a typical scam as the check he gives you is a fake. Make sure any check he sends you clears BEFORE you give up the boat.
Old 07-01-2005, 07:58 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

i sold my scarab to a guy from finland...they actually flew into NYC to visit relatives, came down, saw boat, left me a deposit, next AM wired to my bank...not to my acct. i brought boat to port he paid for container and off it went. same boat in Finland woulda have cost him $40K more American. you do have to be careful i deal with over seas transactions alot being i'm in the car business. EX..your selling your boat for $50k its going to cost $6K to ship. they're willing to send you check for $56K and want you to contact there shipper and give him the $6K difference...ITS A SCAM. I HAVE TO COUNTERFEIT CHECKS HERE IN MY DESK !!
Old 07-01-2005, 08:01 AM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

I sold a Corvette to a guy from Germany BUT he came here , he looked at it , he felt it , he drove it , he smelled it..he was happy and I got the CASH IN HAND before anything or anybody went ANYWHERE.
This way there were no "suprizes" on anybodys part
Old 07-01-2005, 08:34 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by berns29scarab
I HAVE TO COUNTERFEIT CHECKS HERE IN MY DESK !!
How much are they for?
Pick me up a spare set of 300X's when you get yours

Quick Reply: Risk of Selling Boat To Man In Europe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.