Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Propeller Repair Question (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/106787-propeller-repair-question.html)

timewarp 06-30-2005 10:11 PM

Propeller Repair Question

Not sure what to do, I won a gift certificate to a propeller repair company, shipped a pair of props to them on March 9th,2005, they called and left a message on the 17th or 18th saying that they had recieved them and would get right on them.
May 12th I called them and was told they were working on them that day and that they would be going out on Friday. June 2nd I called 3 times in the morning and got them on their cell phone, they said they would call me back and let me know the status of my propellers, I never heard from them. Sent email to them on 6/16 asking what the status of the props was, their response was that they were out of town for a death in the family but would get my props out to me on Wednesday the 27th. I called today 6/30/05 and was told they had a big pile of props they were working on but that if I called back next Tuesday they might be able to tell me when my props would be going out.

My question is since I am not a paying customer since I have a gift certificate do I have the same right as a paying customer to be upset or do I just sit and wait patiently for my props back.

I think I have been patient but it's getting hard to keep my cool on the phone with them.

Thanks,
Caleb

H2Xmark 06-30-2005 10:28 PM

Re: Propeller Repair Question

WOW they have had your props for longer than 3 months, this is the busy time of year for a lot of prop shops but I would expect them back by now, I would say 1 month would be about the max time I would take. hope you get them back

Outdrive1 06-30-2005 10:39 PM

Of course you have the same rights as a non-paying customer, they should have never offered the certificate if they didn't plan on honoring it. Call tommorrow and demand your props back. That's BS. I would out them too so Masher can go to work on them.......... :evilb: :evilb:

Donzi Corleone 06-30-2005 10:52 PM

Took mine to Throttle Up on Tues. and Julie (Throttle Up) called me Thurs. am to tell me their ready. AWESOME SERVICE!!!
I would tell them to return them NOW!!!

Strip Poker 388 07-01-2005 07:46 AM

Sounds like there blowing smoke up your azz.Who are they???

We need the bad busness section back!!

outriggers 07-01-2005 07:57 AM

If they can't get them done in March, WTF, Did they think June would be better? Doug

Donzi Corleone 07-01-2005 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by outriggers
If they can't get them done in March, WTF, Did they think June would be better? Doug

For sure!!!!!!!!

BajaRunner 07-01-2005 08:23 AM

out em! thats bs.

Tantrum 07-01-2005 08:44 AM

H*****n....we have a problem! ?????
This sounds famillar.

Dave M 07-01-2005 08:45 AM

Yup, tell us who they are. Tell them that you are about to let 20,000 other boaters know about their business practices with a few keystrokes. I would tell them to send the props back NOW! and find another shop.