Like Tree0Likes

PWC Riders are crazy

Old 07-06-2005, 11:26 AM
S.O.B (single O/B) now
Platinum Member

Default Re: PWC Riders are crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fund razor
Yeah... small leak (I don't like leaks) so I took it to the dealer. (I do most of my own work... but...)

The dealer said the transom was bad when he couldn't pin it down.

An OSO member took the boat and found a leak at the Y-pipe fiiting and is taking care of it.

The transom is 18 years old.... but not exactly rotted out.

I didn't think it was... I had the port side unrigged last year and the cutout looked really good.
I have been out of town (and Internet access) for a week and missed this bit of news. Glad to hear it was a small problem compared to what you first expected.
good luck ..uhm.........Captain
Old 07-06-2005, 12:23 PM
lakepop
Platinum Member

My Boats: Formula 357 sr1 1991

speed bumps
Old 07-06-2005, 02:06 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

The bottom line..........there are more PWCs out there than ever....they run in the center of the channels which are beyond dangerous....most of them the do not respect the no wake zones. If you cannot drive a car legally you should not be driving a PWC unless accompanied by an adult. Just like there are laws on the road there are laws on the water. People would learn very quick if they received points on the DLs or could have it revoked.

Just like anything else, it just sucks that powerboat owners get shunned the most because they are fast and loud. And we are not as reckless as others think we are.
Old 07-06-2005, 08:19 PM
Registered

My Boats: '95 Wellcraft Nova 23

We have issues of some sort with jet skiers just about every time we get out on the water. Worst is when they head right towards us when were haul'n azz. Never know which way they're gonna go, so we slow down and sometimes change course to avoid killing one of the azz holes. Some of them are true idiots. Not all kids either. Many of them look like they're in their 40's. Also had a couple of issues with cruisers this summer. Two have crossed the channel right in front of us. Probably drunks.

INHO go faster's are by far the safest people out on the lake. Only once have I seen a Hi Perf boater do something that may have endangered someone else on the water. Once in about 10 years of boating. Yet we get bi%^ched about most of any other boater type out there....wierd
Old 07-06-2005, 08:26 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2001 26 ZX DONZI 496HO

I agree, we have to be good or you don't last long in this sport.
Old 08-07-2005, 10:47 PM
Registered

That's funny, on lake of the ozarks I see just as many powerboats which refuse to yield the right of way and who think they own the lake than PWC's. I'm a PWC'er that grew up with a mastercraft ski boat and thus hated pwcs until I got one. I practice very safe boating.

Last edited by jeepmullet; 08-07-2005 at 11:04 PM. Reason: edit to include the obligatory smiley
Old 08-07-2005, 10:51 PM
Registered

My Boats: http://www.facebook.com/#!/matt.conroy.90

Your right that is funny because I live at the busiest part of the lake and I can't count the amount of pwc's that get pulled over for going full bore though the no wake zone, don't see hardly any boats get pulled over.
Old 08-07-2005, 10:52 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by fund razor
He has a bad azz Jet Ski of some kind. Goes like 85 which I understand is about the world record for a stock ski. (I am no expert... but he told me once.)
Hey this isn't a flame or anything... but 85 is 2.5mph off the world record for any ski. www.rivaracing.com yamaha GPR 1200 hold's the world record at 87.5 mph, and It took them ~40k to get there.

The fastest stock ski right now is a 2004-2005 Seadoo RXP. It is a two seater, 4 stroke, 1500cc, supercharged and intercooled. It tops out at 67-68mph tracked by a heartbreaker. Highly modified ones running ported heads, piggback fuel controllers, upgraded injectors (among other mods) have run the low 80's.
Old 08-07-2005, 10:54 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Medicine
Yeah I hate them too. They are so cheap that every scumbag can afford one to get on the lake. Yesterday one passed with 5 ft from my boat while I was anchored,it splashed my boat and almost ran over some swimmers, while running at full speed inside the 200 ft markers. While I was running I had to constantly dodge them. They need to be required to take a boaters safety course before they are allow on the water, or they could have a open season on them.
before THEY are allowed on the water? did you take one before you got out on the water?
Old 08-07-2005, 10:55 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastaboatin
Your right that is funny because I live at the busiest part of the lake and I can't count the amount of pwc's that get pulled over for going full bore though the no wake zone, don't see hardly any boats get pulled over.
lol, depending on where on LOTO you are, that's true. Officer Forsythe seems to be partial to pulling over pwc's doing anything and boats seen leaving a bar.