39' Conquest race boat catamaran

Notices

39' Conquest race boat catamaran

Old 08-19-2006, 11:42 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 39' Conquest race boat catamaran

And here's how she looks after Ray Jenick bought her and did a mechanical makeover. This shot was take a few weeks ago in St Clair during the OPA/OSS races.

Look for her running in Great Lake Poker Runs. Maybe even Cumberland.
Attached Thumbnails 39' Conquest race boat catamaran-emmanuelle.jpg  
Old 08-20-2006, 07:38 AM
Gold Member

I see that a few people know a bit about this boat. Can any tell me who/what company/person made the hull? also what is the hull made out of?.One more thing any more info about wrecks or motor stuff and should I stay away from this boat or is a "good deal" Any info woudl be helpfull. Thanks in avanced Jim
Old 08-20-2006, 10:03 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,074 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by TopSpin80
Thanks for the info guys...
now I have some questions on another boat... it's a COBRA... I know they aren't skaters, but I might can afford one of these...
I want an 80mph boat that will be able to run on the gulf coast conditions semi comfortalby. I want something that will run, but needs a lot of TLC.

what is the history on this one?

Ernie
Jay Mullers cobra always ran great in CClass and P1
Old 08-20-2006, 02:52 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

This is a piece of history - winner of the Cowes Torquay Cowes race back in the 80's!! The victory was dedicated to Didier Pironi and crew who had perished a week earlier at the annual Needles Trophy race out of Poole. Pironi had raced in this cat a year earlier.
Attached Thumbnails 39' Conquest race boat catamaran-rocky.jpg  
Old 08-20-2006, 04:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jim8860
I see that a few people know a bit about this boat. Can any tell me who/what company/person made the hull? also what is the hull made out of?.One more thing any more info about wrecks or motor stuff and should I stay away from this boat or is a "good deal" Any info would be helpful. Thanks in advanced Jim
Way back when, about the time of Noah, a company called Conquest was formed by 3 old salty dogs - Adams, Linder and Luhrs. They built the boat and many like it. They went on to win everything (racing against outrigger canoes at the beginning of time kinda gave them the advantage - ). Plus, they used a combination of wood and epoxy to build these machines, which was WAY AHEAD of its time. Alas, all good things come to an end. Unfortunately, with the tragic and untimely death of a member of the Conquest team/family, the company stopped manufacturing boats. That is what T2x eluded to in his earlier post.

In its short existence, it pushed the enveloped and really started the big catamaran dominance we see today. In that way, the company and its principles left an indelible mark on the industry and the sport...that survives after thousands of years!

As far as this particular boat is concerned, not sure if it is a good deal. Perhaps one of the builders will chime in and let you know.
Old 08-20-2006, 06:36 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Attached Thumbnails 39' Conquest race boat catamaran-p1-6-brioschi.jpg  
Old 08-20-2006, 08:08 PM
Gold Member

[QUOTE=Miller]
In its short existence, it pushed the enveloped and really started the big catamaran dominance we see today. In that way, the company and its principles left an indelible mark on the industry and the sport...that survives after thousands of years!
QUOTE]

Well thanks for the history lesson. I guess i will have to travel out to MI and take a look first hand. If I understood you correctly this boat was cutting edge stuff back in the day.My plans if I do buy it would just be a boat to blow off some steam once in a blue moon up and down in the LI sound.Thanks for the info.

PS can one of the builders chime in

Thanks again Jim
Old 08-20-2006, 08:38 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=jim8860]
Originally Posted by Miller
QUOTE]

Well thanks for the history lesson. I guess i will have to travel out to MI and take a look first hand. If I understood you correctly this boat was cutting edge stuff back in the day.My plans if I do buy it would just be a boat to blow off some steam once in a blue moon up and down in the LI sound.Thanks for the info.

PS can one of the builders chime in

Thanks again Jim
One of the three mentioned by Mr. Miller lives on Long Island and another frequents a race shop out there just about every Saturday. I bet if you are nice you could get alot of ggod info out of these for crew members of the Race Team NOAH'S ARK. They found a very secret weapon in not loading all the components in 2 by 2.
Old 08-20-2006, 08:40 PM
Registered

I thought Clayton was in 2 weeks Philip? I was planning on going.
Old 08-21-2006, 07:31 AM
Gold Member

I would like to thank all the info so far. I guess I am off to MI and try to bring this boat back to NY.Once again I hate to beat a dead horse but any more history whould be great ful. Thanks and hope to meet up with you guys Jim

Quick Reply: 39' Conquest race boat catamaran

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.