Something Just doesnt seem right

Notices

Something Just doesnt seem right

Old 07-14-2005, 11:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Something Just doesnt seem right

Damage to BP's Thunder Horse Platform From Hurricane Dennis
Attached Thumbnails Something Just doesnt seem right-dsc00387.jpg   Something Just doesnt seem right-dsc00391.jpg   Something Just doesnt seem right-dsc00394.jpg  

Old 07-14-2005, 11:24 AM
Registered

Default Re: Something Just doesnt seem right

another one.
Attached Thumbnails Something Just doesnt seem right-dsc00398.jpg  
Old 07-14-2005, 11:29 AM
Banned

Funny that it knocked that over, and barely blew down trees on the shore. Looks like another excuse to raise oil prices to me.
Old 07-14-2005, 11:45 AM
Registered

I read on MSN today that some Congressmen were asking for the President to release some of the Strategic Petroleum Reserve to help stabilize gas prices. Seeing the pictures above reminded me of another article I recently read that prices are more dependent (at this time) on our ability to refine the oil and we (the USA) have been shutting down refineries for several years.

So I am really confused. It seems like releasing more oil and not be able to refine it would not help the problem.

It seems like there is a plan but I am not sure who's side those making the plans are on........
Old 07-14-2005, 11:48 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I worked on rigs of this type and others for seven years. They are designed to face way worse weather than that storm. The ballast system is very sophisticated and capable of fully automatic operation. Maybe they have a microsoft operating system
Old 07-14-2005, 11:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dave98
I read on MSN today that some Congressmen were asking for the President to release some of the Strategic Petroleum Reserve to help stabilize gas prices. Seeing the pictures above reminded me of another article I recently read that prices are more dependent (at this time) on our ability to refine the oil and we (the USA) have been shutting down refineries for several years.

So I am really confused. It seems like releasing more oil and not be able to refine it would not help the problem.

It seems like there is a plan but I am not sure who's side those making the plans are on........

From what I understand, they USA gets the majority of its oil from Canada. Last I checked Dennis has not effected them much. Did you notice how fast gas prices went up before Dennis came and not going down after he left.

Cris
Old 07-14-2005, 11:59 AM
Charter Member #300
Charter Member

It was somehting,

The Spiegel Grove, a known wreck to dive off Key LArgo which is 560' long on it's side was righted by Dennis. I dove that thing and it's 100' down!
Old 07-14-2005, 12:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FINMAN
From what I understand, they USA gets the majority of its oil from Canada. Last I checked Dennis has not effected them much. Did you notice how fast gas prices went up before Dennis came and not going down after he left.

Cris
It's the same with any event that affects gas prices. They go up at the pump within minutes, but take months to come back down after the original "Problem" is solved.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:06 PM
Registered

gas in my area is now 2.55 2.65 and 2.75 diesel is around 2.79...
Old 07-14-2005, 01:36 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

From what I read, they just barely completed building that rig...maybe it wasn't quite complete.

In any event, it's true that refining is the main choking point for the U.S., coupled with many new regulations on pollution control and expensive required additives, driving prices high.

Good news though, it has been reported today that China has a "sudden and mysterious" decline in consumption. That should help.

Quick Reply: Something Just doesnt seem right

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.