Like Tree0Likes

Florida Boaters: This is a MUST read....

Old 07-26-2005, 09:24 AM
Registered

My Boats: 2000 Century CCF 2600
Default Re: Florida Boaters: This is a MUST read....

The marine interests didn't stand a chance with all those high-powered pro bono law firms involved.

It really sux being in minority--you know working, single parent, male with job that supports kids , smokes, drinks, has boat to name a few. Damned shame not one of thse "public" interests groups give $hit bout our group.

Had a college professor (way back before PC was the way of life) that advocated starting NAAPWT (Nat'l Assoc for Advancement of Poor White Trash) to help--probably couldn't mention such a thing today much less actually do it.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:35 PM
Registered

My Boats: was a 89" Formula 311-SR1

The Florida Marine Contractors Association expected to lose this first round. The suit was heard by a "bottom rung" district federeal judge who, in hopes to work his way up, is not going to rule against the Federal "authorities".

FMCA is appealing this decision which is why we are on a "mission" of recruitment for CFFW, it is expected the appeal will cost a minimum of 50 K. FMCA is convinced they can win on appeal. Reason: there is no scientific fact to back up the claims by SMC and the rest. Appeals Courts rule on facts not fiction.

I hope their right. The SMC is making boater's lives miserable. It never ceases to amaze me how boaters are willing to compromise on issues, a word that is not part of the SMC vocabulary.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:04 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

My Boats: 2006 Hustler 388, 2004 Hustler Talon 25, 1999 30 Spectre cat and 2007 21' hydrostream voyager w/ Merc. 225 EFI

Quote:
Appeals Courts rule on facts not fiction.

I hope their right. The SMC is making boater's lives miserable. It never ceases to amaze me how boaters are willing to compromise on issues, a word that is not part of the SMC vocabulary.
Russ,
very true, the biggest concern the $MC has these days is their JOBS, not the Manatee!

Who is going to join the boaters rights FIGHT today? Come on Fl. Boaters, help save the sport we all love dearly!

www.cffw.org

Dean
Old 07-27-2005, 08:45 PM
Registered

My Boats: was a 89" Formula 311-SR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
Russ,
very true, the biggest concern the $MC has these days is their JOBS, not the Manatee!

Who is going to join the boaters rights FIGHT today? Come on Fl. Boaters, help save the sport we all love dearly!

www.cffw.org

Dean

So true Dean so true...

Come on guys, pony up the twenty five bucks it cost to join. It's only twenty five bucks but it goes a long long way.
Old 07-28-2005, 08:20 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

My Boats: 2006 Hustler 388, 2004 Hustler Talon 25, 1999 30 Spectre cat and 2007 21' hydrostream voyager w/ Merc. 225 EFI

ttt
Old 07-28-2005, 12:33 PM
Charter Member #9/ Moderator
Charter Member

My Boats: 99 Advantage 34 Offshore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw
So true Dean so true...

Come on guys, pony up the twenty five bucks it cost to join. It's only twenty five bucks but it goes a long long way.
OK, I have to pat myself on the back and also make a challenge. I don't live anywhere near Florida and I joined up. But I signed up for a $100 membership. Forget the $25 and make it worthwhile; spend a few extra bucks. You guys wouldn't think twice about putting a $100 in your gas tank. Splurge or sacrifice (whatever the case might be) and support the cause. Otherwise it's no wake zones as far as the eye can see and the $100 in your tank will be useless.

If you don't support the CFFW now, you cant b itch about it later.
Old 07-28-2005, 01:27 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeRacer
OK, I have to pat myself on the back and also make a challenge. I don't live anywhere near Florida and I joined up. But I signed up for a $100 membership. Forget the $25 and make it worthwhile; spend a few extra bucks. You guys wouldn't think twice about putting a $100 in your gas tank. Splurge or sacrifice (whatever the case might be) and support the cause. Otherwise it's no wake zones as far as the eye can see and the $100 in your tank will be useless.

If you don't support the CFFW now, you cant b itch about it later.

Art,
Thanks very much, and you have thrown down the gaunlet! How bout' it, OSOer's, can you see your way to matching Lake racer's dedication to the cause? (And like he said, he doesn't even live in FL!)
Dean
Old 07-28-2005, 01:27 PM
BK
Registered

The only time I've seen anyone win a fight like this is when they show a little empathy toward their enemy. Manatee's are beloved animals to the majority in this country. A "fight" won't get you anywhere, IMO.

Remember when the offshore races were about to be nixed due to perils they created to water creatures, and remember what they did after the ugly announcement that turtles were injured during the 'races'?

The racers knew they faced an uphill battle - So they didn't "fight" the outraged residents and animal lovers, instead they showed they too had a fondness for marine life and offered to hold animal watches so no harm is done to any of them.

Promising no harm is the only way to "win this fight", IMO.

And Dean is right.... anyone who is part of the 'boating world' who threatens to harm a manatee is going to destroy ANY chance we ever thought we'd have.

To the guy from SC: My kids saw their first manatee last summer, & thinking of someone deliberately shooting one makes us all sick.

Last edited by BK; 07-28-2005 at 01:33 PM.
Old 07-28-2005, 01:34 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK
The only time I've seen anyone win a fight like this is when they show a little empathy toward their enemy. Manatee's are beloved animals to the majority in this country. A "fight" won't get you anywhere, IMO.

Remember when the offshore races were about to be nixed due to perils they created to water creatures, and remember what they did after the ugly announcement that turtles were injured during the 'races'?

The racers knew they faced an uphill battle - So they didn't "fight" the outraged residents and animal lovers, instead they showed they too had a fondness for marine life and offered to hold animal watches so no harm is done to any of them.

Promising no harm is the only way to "win this fight", IMO.

And anyone who is part of the 'boating world' who threatens to harm a manatee is going to destroy ANY chance we ever thought we'd have. That's sick!

BK,
That's is what CFFW is all about. No one in CFFW hates the Manatee, I see them all the time in our canal. My youngest loves them, it's the $MC that were are battleing. Please visit www.cffw.org to learn more about our BALANCED Approach to this issue.
Dean
Old 07-28-2005, 02:42 PM
BK
Registered

Thanks Dean,

I went to the web site and looked around. I see boats and families having a good time and that is nice. I do think that if there were more signs of empathy for the animals too, that would be much better for this cause more than you might believe. You have to remember that people are driven by their emotions. The majority will pick sides with the group that seems to be the kindest.

When you hear the word "fight", both sides sense hostility and automatically put on boxing gloves. Step back and look at this fight from a neutral perspective and see who is most likely to win.

From the The New Dictionary of Cultural Literacy:
You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar

ie: You can win people to your side more easily by gentle persuasion and flattery than by hostile confrontation

Last edited by BK; 07-28-2005 at 02:45 PM.