Like Tree0Likes

Lifeline jackets

Old 07-21-2005, 04:59 PM
BK
Registered

Default Re: Lifeline jackets

The Standard jacket does have some impact protection in the chest area which is more of a padding (batting-type) material. So it's like a cushion. This is the jacket I have - and I was flung into the water twice at 65-75mph during crashes and it worked great.

However, my neck, right leg and right arm were a mess! e (I had a helmet, but didnt wear helmet restraints) I even was missing a chunk from my helmet after the first wipe out. Glad that wasn't my head.

But the Offshore jacket has FLAK material. According to Lifeline the FLAK material "is scientifically engineered to disburse loads caused by sudden impact; thus reducing the potential for injury".
Old 07-21-2005, 05:14 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

The Offshore/OPC jacket reduced my injuries as well.

Lost 1/2 a midsection and lower off of a 2.4 EFI on a 19 Laser at about 70 -75 mph The boat hooked real bad but rather than throwing me out, it threw me under the passenger side of the dash.

Tripped and stuffed the Bullet one time but rather going under the deck I went through it.
That jacket saved me in many ways.... I just never needed it for flotation.....

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 07-21-2005, 05:37 PM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

My Boats: 2014 Cigarette 39 GTS

To me the offshore racing jacket is the only way to go. That is what I am going to order. The "flak" material is what I am interested in. It seems like the others are just a fancy ski jacket.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:54 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2005 Extreme 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarette1
I believe all the talk of Lifeline vest after the last OL accident was in reference to the racing vest ... the poker run vest is nothing more than another fancy ski vest with a few addt'l features and a Lifeline patch ... get the racing vest.

G

Not true at all. The performance jacket is a VERY well made jacket with a zippered front, strap and most importantly, LEG STRAPS !!! There is NO way you can compare these to ski jackets. On the topic as wearing the "Offshore Type Jacket", it is very bulky, and hot. I would not recommend them for the average poker runner. More than likely, they would not get used due to this fact. The performance jacket is the way to go. Made with heavy weight material and stitching. Dave
Old 07-21-2005, 06:28 PM
Banned

As a dealer I know lifeline has not had a price increase in over 2 years. Bill is providing a great product and material and labor costs go up every year as does COLA. He makes the safest jacket in the industry. the poker run jacket is ok up to 100mph impact with the harnesses, same material as Race but the Race is the only way to go for pure safety will help with the violent impact with the flack. 110$ more is cheap for your life. anyway they are almost completely sold out. We have ordered over 60 new jackets for our midwest customers. They have no inventory at all right now. If anybody wants some let me know before monday when the production will be started. can have std jackets in 2 weeks and custom in 3-4 weeks. thanks Jim Midwest performance marine LOTO powerboatclub.com 636 236-4141
Old 07-21-2005, 06:46 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

My Boats: Toy Boat - Toy Boat - Toy Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardey
Not true at all. The performance jacket is a VERY well made jacket with a zippered front, strap and most importantly, LEG STRAPS !!! There is NO way you can compare these to ski jackets. On the topic as wearing the "Offshore Type Jacket", it is very bulky, and hot. I would not recommend them for the average poker runner. More than likely, they would not get used due to this fact. The performance jacket is the way to go. Made with heavy weight material and stitching. Dave
Dave, you are probably right on with your assessment. I just want the average Joe to know that there is a difference. Honestly, I don't own a racing vest but one was always on my mind when running at speed. Whether it's 70 mph or 150 mph, it was not the impact protection I was concerned about ... it was about being face up if unconscious and the race vest is the only preserver I know of that will stay on and float you face up.

In any case, if I were to die in an accident,. I would like my body to be found, for my friends and family. That is why I ALWAYS wore some kind of vest.

G

Last edited by cigarette1; 07-21-2005 at 06:49 PM.
Old 07-21-2005, 09:34 PM
Registered

My Boats: Renegade 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellmitsubishi
Thanks Johno, how do I get in touch with them?

http://www.speedwake.com/upload/show...light=Lifeline
Old 07-22-2005, 12:37 AM
Registered

My Boats: 35 Motion "Bring It" is "For Sale", 31 Warlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarette1
I believe all the talk of Lifeline vest after the last OL accident was in reference to the racing vest ... the poker run vest is nothing more than another fancy ski vest with a few addt'l features and a Lifeline patch ... get the racing vest.

G
Like Wardey said...There is no comparison with a ski vest. I have 4 of these sport vests. They are made of Cordura which is what bullet proof vests are made of...very strong. They are also alot different as far as the foam. If you want to cowboy up for race vests for your whole crew go ahead, Hell, get a full set of Chute Jackets, but realistically, if you had a mishap in a typical offshore boat and were wearing the 290$ jacket you will be floating afterward and will most likely live along with your whole crew. A 30$ ski vest will most likely get ripped off and if you are unconscious...you know the consequences.
Old 07-24-2005, 02:01 PM
Registered

I contacted Wiggler4490 who is the midwest dealer for Lifeline, he has also made a large order purchase & would be a great source for antone looking for a Lifline jacket. His number is 636-236-4141.
Old 07-24-2005, 04:30 PM
Banned

I have ordered 60 new jackets, orange, grey, grey with black and white checker, yellow all but 10 in poker run version with stand up collar. we are selling at our cost as a dealedr to promotr safety. If anybody else wants one let me know before tomorrow. lotopowerboatclub.com. jackets start at 240.00 thanks Jim