Notices

Air-Dock

Old 07-27-2005, 03:49 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Re: Air-Dock

Make that a full PVC frame.

The only problem I've had is a small leak from the stern, near the center.
I got the patch kit, but it seems if I don't inflate the chambers so much, there is no leak... interesting.
Old 07-27-2005, 05:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a 25 baja outlaw. what would be the price for one for my boat. how hard is it to install,mantain? how long would it last? any warranties?
Old 07-27-2005, 05:59 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

price should be around 3000.
you may need to bottom paint.
intallation is easy. but you'd better talk to someone whose done it(like me) for pointers.
it should last a long time.
i think its a 5yr warranty.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stormrider,
Do you mean bottom paint the bottom of the airdock or the bottom of the boat hull?
Painting the bottom of the hull is out of the question for me.

I belong to a boat club on a river and at the present time I only leave the boat in for a weekend and then pull it home and wash it and keep it inside the garage.

In a short time the hull can get that dingy water racing stripe on the bottom and down the side.

The docks are not floating and are taken out each season because of the winter ice flows so I need something easy to take out and put in.

The river also fluctuates especially if it rains or there are storms over Lake Erie it can rise or drop a couple of feet in a matter of minutes not leaving much water under the boats.

I also wonder how strong the material is because at times things could end up poking into the airdock because it is a moving current in the river.

Does the bottom of your hull stay pretty clean?
Can you get on and off your boat without any problem with it inflated?
My boat is a 24 and weighs around 3500lbs.

Thanks,
Cordell
Old 07-28-2005, 07:20 AM
Registered

You paint the bottom of the airdock if its in salt water, it prevents growth and barnicles that normally grow on the bottom of your boat. The dock can be set up for the different (tides), in Ocean City our tide changes 5-6 feet daily and we still have a fixed dock. The material is very strong and since it is only inflated a 1/3-1/4 of a psi it is very hard to puncture it. If it was inflated to 20-30 psi, this would be a different story. The dock is completly removable. My boat is a 28 ft sportfish which is a little heavier then yours and once you learn how to use the dock it is very easy to use. Let me know if you have any other questions
Old 07-28-2005, 07:26 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Cordell,

I'd be happy to discuss this with you. PM sent.
And I meant bottompaint the airdock, if you're in salt water.

Rob
Old 07-28-2005, 08:55 AM
Registered

RanDom32, they work great and with the full PVC frame yours would be much easier to drive up onto. I had the same set-up as yours with 30' Villain on it and solved my 'inconveniences' with the full frame fit ... @$100 from Ken at AirDock.

There are also very puncture resistent, made from of very thick rubber/thread/material layers. Most leaks and holes, if any, will be caused by dragging it around when you pull it in/out of the water. If you use this technique, instead of picking up completely, there will be areas that wear thru, get thin, and start to leak. Not a problem though, because the patch kits are very easily applied and work 100%. I patched at least 3-4 spots and all held for 2 seasons ... 100% no more leak.

The $$$ price is right, no bottom painting, safe and secure up/out of the water outdrives and all!, no worries about pump bildge failure , it rises and falls with the tides, and it portable for the most part, you can pull it out every winter season and perform maint, paint it etc. I loved mine and I'm now thinking about selling them! ((just kidding))
Attached Thumbnails Air-Dock-dscf0002-medium-.jpg   Air-Dock-dscf1087-medium-.jpg   Air-Dock-dscf1091-medium-.jpg  

Old 07-28-2005, 09:12 AM
Registered

Can these be used when you have to back your boat into the slip. I have a 38' about 10,000lbs. Thanks
Old 07-28-2005, 09:20 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

I dont think you can back in... you'd tear it up.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:27 AM
Registered

Puncture resistant ... not PROP resistant . You couldn't get it 'low' enough to safely back onto one.

Quick Reply: Air-Dock

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.