Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Too Early to Start Talking About Key West?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/109375-too-early-start-talking-about-key-west.html)

otis311 08-06-2005 09:59 AM

Re: Too Early to Start Talking About Key West??

For all of you who havent been before, In my own opinion, The races during the week at Key West are just an added bonus to the full week of partys and get togethers. I wouldnt care if they were just racing rubber ducks, it would still be the best week of the year hands down

The Florida Powerboat Club will have close to 200 boats participating this year and they can party as good or better than any racing association out there..trust me !!. My point is, 2 boats 20 boats or 15o race boats, it doesnt matter, Key West is the place to be in November

See you all there

Bob

birdog 08-06-2005 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
What's the story on OSS in St. Pete. I was actually considering that as an alternative to KW this year. (I was born down there, got married on the beach there, and wanted to save a couple $$ over what I'd spend in Key West).

Key West is sooo much more than the races....You just have to see it to believe it ! :D

Surgin' General 08-07-2005 01:45 AM

Never been there before, but this looks like the year. I'll know more in 2 weeks. Will be driving the boat down from DC. Any DC boys want to make a trip? I'll have a CC Dually with cold AC and Colder beverages. Maybe even a chic. :argue: :argue: No I get her in Georgia, No i get her in North Carolina :D :D

Oh Deere 08-07-2005 08:08 AM

It is never too early. Booked it months ago. If you have not been there, try to stay within 5 blocks of Duval (North End). Don't get stuck at one of the hotels out by the airport. It can be a hike.

Outlawcowgirl 08-07-2005 07:57 PM

NEVER too early. We have been booked for a couple of months now. We are getting married down there on the 17th of Nov. as well as watching the races. We get in on Tues and leave on Mon. As soon as I get the time worked out I will post an invitation for all to come. We will party all night because no racing on Friday. YAHOO!!!

Phantom1 08-07-2005 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by otis311
For all of you who havent been before, In my own opinion, The races during the week at Key West are just an added bonus to the full week of partys and get togethers. I wouldnt care if they were just racing rubber ducks, it would still be the best week of the year hands down

The Florida Powerboat Club will have close to 200 boats participating this year and they can party as good or better than any racing association out there..trust me !!. My point is, 2 boats 20 boats or 15o race boats, it doesnt matter, Key West is the place to be in November

See you all there

Bob

Well said. I couldn't agree more.

Everyone said that I had a great time last year - I wish I could have remembered some of it. :D :D

Cash Bar 08-07-2005 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Phantom1
Well said. I couldn't agree more.

Everyone said that I had a great time last year - I wish I could have remembered some of it. :D :D

Well then, let me start.......boy do I have a story for you !!!! :eek:

Racegirl3 08-08-2005 12:33 AM

Cant wait!!! We were discussin the OSO party this weekend ... we need to start plannin it :drink:

rchevelle71 08-08-2005 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by Racegirl3
Cant wait!!! We were discussin the OSO party this weekend ... we need to start plannin it :drink:

Party???

Whats That??? :D :D

I'm there for the racing :rolleyes: :drink: :drink: :drink:

thisistank 08-08-2005 07:03 PM

Watched the '04 Key West FPC run DVD last night and all I have to say is IT'S F*CKING ON!!!! :eek: :drink: