Like Tree0Likes

Boats that just sit there

Old 08-07-2005, 10:17 AM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

My Boats: 1998 Aquasport 205 Oosprey
Default Re: Boats that just sit there

worst season for me so far, early summer rained every weekend and busy with house since then. Used it maybe 4x so far. Haven't broke anything though!
Old 08-07-2005, 10:57 AM
Registered

My Boats: Donzi Criterion

I've had the busiest summer of my life this year, and haven't even gotten the Donzi wet this season. Right now, I'm down in Tampa for some family stuff, and one of my sister's friends asked me to come with him to check out a boat. We did a quick river run, and MAN, that made me miss my boat back home. He bought it, BTW

NJ had a crappy spring, and lately all my weekends have been booked solid. Maybe next weekend? Something is bound to come up and screw up my plans, yet again......So my boat IS sitting, but that doesn't mean I'm not hating it.
Old 08-07-2005, 11:30 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

My Boats: Cigarette - "90MPH" Edition

There's a basically brand new 2002 Rough Rider on Grand Lake that I have seen out twice since it was purchased. It gets cleaned every Friday and that's it.

Warparty36's Apache used to be in hibernation until it was rescued. It went out less than the Rough Rider. Shame.
Attached Thumbnails
Boats that just sit there-fourth-july-014.jpg  

Last edited by TwinStepGun; 08-08-2005 at 09:54 AM.
Old 08-07-2005, 11:34 AM
Registered

I was averaging 3 time's a week until i blew a motor July 1st. Now im scramblin to bet it back together this week to try and salvage the rest of the summer. I dont even have the money to fix it right now but hell with it i'll just work hard all winter when the boats in storage.
Old 08-07-2005, 11:47 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Out where I work People have AWESOME built In pools installed just for looks.

One guy has 2 water falls, a jacuzzi and, a sliding ramp and diving platform off the falls and never been used he wanted a nice conversation peice I guess
Old 08-07-2005, 12:27 PM
Registered

My Boats: was a 89" Formula 311-SR1

I admit I somewhat belong in this category.

Spent 15 months working on it. Now it's fixed and everytime I get caught up on work something hits and I'm right back behind. Owning your own business is both a blessing and a curse. Plus fighting with my soon to be "ex" about the boat hasn't made it any easier.

I've got one more "big" job to complete and them I'm going to commit to taking it out a minimum of every two weeks. Even if it's just for a late afternoon cruise down the Intracoastal. Worst thing for a boat is to sit idle.

This afternoon I'm going to do an oil/filter change on it. And if time wash it too. It needs a good washing. Would like to try to get out next weekend, or maybe play hookey one day this week.
Old 08-07-2005, 12:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw
I admit I somewhat belong in this category.

Spent 15 months working on it. Now it's fixed and everytime I get caught up on work something hits and I'm right back behind. Owning your own business is both a blessing and a curse. Plus fighting with my soon to be "ex" about the boat hasn't made it any easier.

I've got one more "big" job to complete and them I'm going to commit to taking it out a minimum of every two weeks. Even if it's just for a late afternoon cruise down the Intracoastal. Worst thing for a boat is to sit idle.

This afternoon I'm going to do an oil/filter change on it. And if time wash it too. It needs a good washing. Would like to try to get out next weekend, or maybe play hookey one day this week.
Russ, you're lucky you turned yourself in. A preemtive attack eh?
Old 08-07-2005, 12:42 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Arrow Re: Boats that just sit there

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAP071
Out where I work People have AWESOME built In pools installed just for looks.

One guy has 2 water falls, a jacuzzi and, a sliding ramp and diving platform off the falls and never been used he wanted a nice conversation piece I guess
I see those too a lot. Tons of stuff that was built and just all for show.

Then I begin to wonder about guys with car collections that drive a 4x4 99% of the time...Ferrari's by the ton for sale that have 4,000 miles on them...the owners never enjoyed them.

Really nice boats not covered...sometimes not winterized...turn to trash in a few seasons.

Just has to go under the "category" of things I will never understand.
Old 08-07-2005, 12:46 PM
Registered

My Boats: was a 89" Formula 311-SR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuda
Russ, you're lucky you turned yourself in. A preemtive attack eh?

Not my first day on the beach.....
Old 08-07-2005, 04:09 PM
Registered

My Boats: 19'baron to name a few

You want to see unused stuff come to naples,fl .I used to go in and out of wiggins pass almost every day for 15 years and usually returned at dark .Condo's buildings with maybe two condos lit up in the whole complex and a couple hundred 40 to 60 footers sitting in the complex in half a million dollar slips never moving, but at least there is a crew of boat washers on all of them once a week.

I could never figure out the reason nothing was ever used ,is it because these people are so wealthy that they never get around to using the 3 million dollar condo with the 1.4 million 55 searay in the half a million dollar slip because their so busy using their toys some where else in the country,or so busy working to support the lifestyle they don't have the time to use it.