Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   New 41 Saber - Graphics Ideas ??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/109740-new-41-saber-graphics-ideas.html)

LEOPAJM 08-10-2005 01:41 PM

New 41 Saber - Graphics Ideas ???

3 Attachment(s)
Ok guys ..... here's the blank canvas ... Before we paint this thing I wanted to make sure there wasn't some great idea out there floating around in someones head that would work for this boat ??? The current plan is to be very simple ... almost a "retro" look with some stipes in silver and black with a little bit of fade . What do ya got ??? Also , still needs a name !!! :evilb:

BLee 08-10-2005 01:44 PM

Re: New 41 Saber - Graphics Ideas ???

Leave it red. Maybe just a Saber logo on the rear or possibly some Shelby racing stripes up the deck, but I'd leave it red. :cool: Badass looking boat Jerry, congratulations.

How about "Red Dawn"

bobonthis 08-10-2005 01:45 PM

Paint I would just do the windshield cowl black. Hull silver with black SS style stripes running up the bow. I don't know if anyone has it but how about the name "SLICED BREAD". What I wanted to do with my boat but never did was at the end of my SS strips on the bow was to fade them and flame them. my .02

jayhawk261 08-10-2005 01:51 PM

How about the name "RED ROCKET" :drink:

Just kiddin! FANTASTIC looking boat though. Sorry I can't help with graphics or names. I have to do that for my future boat first!

Enjoy it :D

DoTheMath 08-10-2005 01:52 PM

Yep - keep it simple, maybe do the Saber logo in the rear hull-side in silver with a black outline or shadow effect? Aside from that, I'm not sure I'd put anything on it for stripes / graphics, it's bad-a$$ all by itself! Oh yeah, and tell 'em you want a rub rail too in the deal - lol! ;) :D

What did you do for power & drives this time around?

JnT 08-10-2005 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by TwinStepGun
Leave it red. Maybe just a Saber logo on the rear or possible some Shelby racing stripes up the deck, but I'd leave it red. :cool: Badass looking boat Jerry, congratulations.

I agree. That is a beautiful boat! :)

glassdave 08-10-2005 01:56 PM

great look'n boat Jerry. hows it dialing in? cant wait to see it :cool: :cool:

Semper Fi 08-10-2005 02:18 PM

I think it looks great just plain red. Maybe put a Saber logo on the side like TSG mentioned. It has a very clean look to it....Congrats :D

birdog 08-10-2005 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
I think it looks great just plain red. Maybe put a Saber logo on the side like TSG mentioned. It has a very clean look to it....Congrats :D

PLEASE.....Not to Much !!....It is WAY cool as is !!!!

Maybe just a Cigarette oval ?????? :evilb: :D

cougarman 08-10-2005 02:27 PM

Looks Great Jerry,

Less is more, I liked the Saber name that you and J.D. had on your wind screens before. Strips down the deck lid are Great to.

I'm sure it will be Great, your boats always are.........

Cougarman

BODYSHOT1 08-10-2005 02:41 PM

wow!..that's a classic beauty..keep it simple..striping, Saber logo as mentioned below...

congrats!

:drink:

Milord 08-10-2005 02:42 PM

Totally bad a$$ just the way it is. I like the Saber logo idea at the back and some subtle stripes would work.

mkramer 08-10-2005 02:49 PM

Jer.................boat looks great, can't wait to see it in person.

Simple graphics are better..........

pimpin' aint easy......good luck with the name, there always tough

Von Bongo 08-10-2005 02:59 PM

I'd name it the "Big Red 1" as a salute to the 1st Infantry Division http://www.1id.army.mil/ and also as a bit of a stab at Cigarette and the red #1 in it's logo. Or you could replace 1 with Won to stay in the vien of Wicked Won

I'd also go with shelby racing stripes in vinyl or paint and saber logos. leave the rest alone.

spitfire1 08-10-2005 03:02 PM

Niiiceee.........stay simple......beautiful boat....enjoy it..

LEOPAJM 08-10-2005 03:03 PM

Thanks for all the ideas guys .... I'm with ya ..... keep 'em comin !
..... I'm liking the plain side with just a logo idea !

LEOPAJM 08-10-2005 04:04 PM

The white cockpit is actually primer .... there will be very little , if any white on the boat at all !!! :evilb:

ChiToWn TapouT 08-10-2005 04:36 PM

Simple silver stripes down the middle. cant go wrong with classic SS stlyling.

Steamin Rice 08-10-2005 04:42 PM

SS stripes in silver or white on the deck/transon and a Saber logo on the side

MitchStellin 08-10-2005 05:03 PM

A white stripe amid ship on a slant to the rear like this / with the Saber logo in it. The only name for a red boat is "Red Menace" Looks great, just keep it covered, the sun will turn red white, red is by far the most damaged by sun. keep it simple as said, it looks great as is.

Miller 08-10-2005 05:49 PM

I like the idea of some GT40 like racing stripes - silver or white would be great. I also like the idea of the Saber name on the transom - though I might put the name in a yellow and black shield design aka Ferrari.

As for names, what about:

-Simply Fast
-Wave Paver
-Winner's Rose
-Rocket's Red Glare
-Red Rocket
-Rosey Disposition
-Redline
-Redheaded Monster
-Bestia Rossa
-Simply Perfect
-Red Zone
-Running Free
-Pegged
-Red Hot
-Blood in the Water
-Red Tide
-Shark Bait

or simply state the obvious:

ASS KICKING & UNFORGETTABLE :D

Miller 08-10-2005 05:51 PM

Or,

Red Lips & Fingertips

dockrocker 08-10-2005 08:11 PM

Needs a big Indian head on the side - you could call it "Redskin"

*dock ducks out of this thread before the fur starts to fly! :drink: :eek: :D :evilb:

JnT 08-10-2005 09:44 PM

Windscreen black, engine hatches and sunpad red, dash red,white cockpit including seats, white Saber logo at the port and starboard quarter, SS chevelle stripes in white down the foredeck and across the engine hatches. Sweet.

Nykamp 08-10-2005 10:51 PM

SS stripes would look sweet up the deck, white or silver, Saber at the back edge of the hull sides, and something like Parn came up with for the name would be AWSOME. I can't wait till we can let all these 41's play for a day. Steve

super termoli 08-11-2005 02:37 AM

I think you should slap it with one of those Outerlimits-style "african" themes. You know, tigers and claws down the side with a bunch of stuff going on all over the place.

Seriously, what TwinStepGun said: logo in the back and Shelby stripes on deck.

What Miller said is interesting too. Ferrari Challenge cars have a white stripe that also has green, red and white chequered elements on its edge. Perhaps you could slap that on deck and call it "Testarossa"?

Or like the 90s Riva model: "Turborosso"...

ST

Fast Forward 08-11-2005 05:59 AM

I'd go with just a couple stripes on the deck and maybe a small on on the sides. Thats just a classic hull with beautuful lines!. By the way is Saber still around?? I toured there plant several years ago just north of Grand Rapids. Always lover the 28 lines as well, just lacked a good interior back then.

GLH 08-11-2005 06:01 AM

Logo?

http://www.kansasoz.com/infololli_pop_kids.jpg

:D:D:D

BGIII 08-11-2005 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by Fast Forward
By the way is Saber still around?? I toured there plant several years ago just north of Grand Rapids. Always lover the 28 lines as well, just lacked a good interior back then.

??? still around ??? That boat ain't new old stock. BTW, it still, as you say "lacks a good interior".

pb 08-11-2005 07:25 AM

I like the ghost stripes as well in some type of white pearl.

As for a name, how about "Redy, Set, Go"

kaama82 08-11-2005 08:09 AM

Jerry, looks great, gotta love the classics.

Crazyhorse 08-11-2005 08:35 AM

3 Attachment(s)
The Marine Corps saber on both sides with the name "EXCALIBUR". Here are a couple shots.

Crazyhorse 08-11-2005 08:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
One more.

cougarman 08-11-2005 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Fast Forward
By the way is Saber still around?? I toured there plant several years ago just north of Grand Rapids. Always lover the 28 lines as well, just lacked a good interior back then.

Yes they are, That is a Brand New Saber just built and being Dialed in. Beautiful Boat !!!!!!!!!!!

Cougarman

Scott 08-11-2005 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by GLH

That was just wrong :D

Just paint it Yella :drink:

BTW nice ride I wish I could really help but I have trouble drawing a stick man! Hey its a good thing he told you to cover the boat because it's red and it might fade I bet you never thought of that :rolleyes:

BGIII 08-11-2005 08:55 AM

Hey Jerry, did your wife make you get the Saber weekender package? You know, the one that comes with a porta-pottie and a small mat and a pillow to lay on for those long weekends on the boat. :evilb:

LEOPAJM 08-11-2005 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by BGIII
Hey Jerry, did your wife make you get the Saber weekender package? You know, the one that comes with a porta-pottie and a small mat and a pillow to lay on for those long weekends on the boat. :evilb:

Na .... we just went with 2 doggie beds from Cabela's :D

BGIII 08-11-2005 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by LEOPAJM
Na .... we just went with 2 doggie beds from Cabela's :D

2? that is a lot of extra weight plus it's easier to get lucky if you have to pile into just 1. (assuming your boating with the wife, not friends)

Airpacker 08-11-2005 12:11 PM

No stripes, no graphics, no nothin. Maybe a small name on the transom but that is all. It a beaut just the way it is.

Firewalker 08-11-2005 02:19 PM

I love that boat!, I would do the SS stripes on the deck like mentioned, maybe with some ghosting.

MORE PICTURES PLEASE MORE MORE MORE
and the power? and drives?, and the performance numbers?, you should not be legally allowed to tease us like this!

RT