Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Hot Duck have you been running that 45' Apache this summer? >

Hot Duck have you been running that 45' Apache this summer?

Notices

Hot Duck have you been running that 45' Apache this summer?

Old 08-11-2005, 01:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hot Duck have you been running that 45' Apache this summer?

Hey bud,
Reading the Apache clasifieds just reminded me about that beautiful 45' you had and hadn't seen you around here much. Are you running your rig around the MD area? I'd like to see that thing in person some day ... soon Roadtrip ???

Last edited by njgr8ful; 08-11-2005 at 01:29 AM.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:19 AM
Registered

Default Re: Hot Duck have you been running that 45' Apache this summer?

Been to OCMD several times this summer, didn't see the Duck's 45 either! Didn't see much in performance boats at all in that area. We spend a lot of time at Seacret's and most everything is either jet drive or pontoon.

For what it matters, don't like Seacret's new venue, miss the island music on the beach!!! Not much of a crowd there this summer....

It's been a great summer weatherwise!!!!
Old 08-11-2005, 09:02 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by East Coast B
Been to OCMD several times this summer, didn't see the Duck's 45 either! Didn't see much in performance boats at all in that area. We spend a lot of time at Seacret's and most everything is either jet drive or pontoon.

For what it matters, don't like Seacret's new venue, miss the island music on the beach!!! Not much of a crowd there this summer....

I was just told the other day that Seacrets sold and they are building condo's there next year?? Hot Duck, is there any truth to this, did Layton sell out?? Heading down this weekend maybe to the weigh in's for the White Marlin Tournament on Friday???
Old 08-11-2005, 06:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by East Coast B

ECB Weather sure has been and still is great Sum racing going down tomorrow here in NJ I know he's been on OSO, but just haven't seen any pictures of that bad boy 45' lately
Old 08-11-2005, 06:04 PM
Registered

Anyone even notice I slipped in the word **Apache** in my thread title
Old 08-14-2005, 02:25 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

East Coast B: I have to agree. I have not seen many performance oriented boats at all this year. Bill (my old racing partner) has been running his 39 Kryptonite a little and has had the Gladiator out two or three times, but that has been about it. Rob Asner has had his 41 Apache out a few times, but this summer has not been like years past for any of us.

I think that part of the problem is the hassle of getting in and out of the water lately. The one local marina with the fork lift and travel lift seems to be doing everything they can do to get rid of the performance boats. That is a long story in itself.

There is one local ramp that has deep water (located in west OC), but that has been so jammed packed this summer that you can't hardly get through the parking lot, much less have room to get a big boat in and out. Even if you do get it in the water, there is absolutely nowhere to park any more. The parking lot is full of jet ski and small run about trailers, most with out of state tags. The county claims to be "looking into the issue", but I have not heard anything as of yet. Maybe if they impose some kind of fee for people from other counties and states or for people with smaller boats, those people will go use some of the smaller ramps to avoid paying a fee. This would leave some room for bigger boats at the deep water ramp. Who knows what is is, but I hope they find an answer soon.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with the tourists being here and bringing their boats and jet skis because my livelihood depends on tourism, but I wish that the people with smaller boats and jet skis (both locals and tourists) would use the smaller ramps around the area and leave the one deep water ramp for larger boats of all kinds. People with medium to large fishing boats are facing the same problems at this ramp no matter if they live here or if they are from somewhere else.

The only other alternative is to keep the boat in the water. Unfortunately I don't have the water depth for the Apache at my dock at home. I have been doing a lot of homework and have spent quite a bit if time on the phone and there is only one marina that I have found that will allow a lift to be installed. That is Harbor Island, but to own a slip there you have to be a resident. So, I lined up a resident willing to buy a slip and give me a life time lease to it with the rent amount set to cover the cost of the slip. Yea, well when we found a person in there willing to sell their slip they wanted $90,000!!! Believe it or not, that is evidently what the slips are going for in there. For that kind of money I might as well buy a smaller boat to run around here. None of the other marinas with deep water will allow a lift of any kind, not even a hydrohoist and not even with a long term lease! So, we are all kinda stuck this summer. Sorry for the bi*ch fest.

As for Seacrets, the reason that it is full of jet drives and pontoon boats is because there is not much water there, even at the end of the dock. They do have anchor buoys out in the bay and a tender to come out and get you, but even they are hard to get to without a really good tide. Getting to Seacrets by water is pretty much limited to jet skis, jet drives, pontoons and smaller outboard boats.

Spicy: I did hear a rumor late last year that Seacrets was for sale for an absolutely ridiculous amount of money, but I have not heard anything lately. Leighton has an absolute gold mine there in that restaurant/club. Even in different hands, I can't imagine tearing that down to build condos, but crazier things have happened. It seems that condo buildings are popping up like weeds around here. Every time you turn around there is another new building. The crazy thing is that most of them are selling for somewhere between 500,000 and a million dollars and they are selling out before construction even begins!

njgr8ful: You mentioned the word Apache! I better get in a reply before the fighting starts! Believe it or not, the Apache has not been in the water once all season. It is ready to go, but I have not had the time to run it. The way things are going around here this summer, it is an all day event just to go for a run in the boat. You either have to make an appointment for the travel lift or forklift a week out or you have to get to the ramp at daybreak just to get a parking spot. It looks like the poker run in Cambridge in September may be the first run of the summer for me. I am waiting for the papers to come in the mail so that we can get registered. You know, when I quit racing I thought that I would have all of this free time, but I honestly don't know where it went. We use to run the race boats at least once a week here in OC. I guess the difference was that I actually scheduled the trips and time for racing and made it happen. This is what I need to start doing. Like the run in Cambridge, I just need to put some days on the calendar and make them happen.

Last edited by Hot Duck; 08-14-2005 at 02:29 AM.
Old 08-14-2005, 06:15 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by Hot Duck
but I wish that the people with smaller boats and jet skis (both locals and tourists) would use the smaller ramps around the area and leave the one deep water ramp for larger boats of all kinds.

A truer statement couldnt have been made, even at pier 7 where I keep the Tiger, they have a short ramp and a long ramp. the short one is even a little steeper to help get the smaller boats off easier, but noooooooo, I have to wait for a pair of people, one in the water holding jet skis, while the other goes and parks then they come back and put on their wet suits. There is even a small beach next to the small ramp that they can beach immediatly and do all of that instead of holding up ramp traffic.
Old 08-14-2005, 08:14 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

but noooooooo, I have to wait for a pair of people, one in the water holding jet skis, while the other goes and parks then they come back and put on their wet suits. There is even a small beach next to the small ramp that they can beach immediatly and do all of that instead of holding up ramp traffic.
drillin i'd educate those azzholes in ten seconds...ask them " are you mutherfockers so fuging special that you can camp out on the ramp? the ramps for loading and unloading, so don't be a d*ickhead a move your azz. i did that yesterday to some azzwipes that were f ing around on the ramp. they couldn't get out fast enough after our lil chat. my buddie was dayum rat you scared them dudes. i don't play that crap. when someones being a dumbazz i have NO PROBLEM CALLING THEM ON IT!!! be vocal when idiots are in your way...most aren't smart enough to comprehend how stupid they are, a catch 22, but someone has to teach them cuz thier momma didn't, ratman
Old 08-14-2005, 09:08 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by ratman
drillin i'd educate those azzholes in ten seconds...ask them " are you mutherfockers so fuging special that you can camp out on the ramp? the ramps for loading and unloading, so don't be a d*ickhead a move your azz. i did that yesterday to some azzwipes that were f ing around on the ramp. they couldn't get out fast enough after our lil chat. my buddie was dayum rat you scared them dudes. i don't play that crap. when someones being a dumbazz i have NO PROBLEM CALLING THEM ON IT!!! be vocal when idiots are in your way...most aren't smart enough to comprehend how stupid they are, a catch 22, but someone has to teach them cuz thier momma didn't, ratman
I agree, BUT, I keep my boat there, last thing I need is to come back the following weekend to gouges and vandalism to a custom painted tiger, I choose my battles and will educate them...one guy had a fountain parked there and pissed someone off, came back to see A-hole written down the side in permanent marker.
Old 08-14-2005, 11:22 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Is Rob still at the same Marina?..I loved that place, One of the nicest I have ever visited. Nice place & nice people. Are they the ones trying to do away with Perf-Boats ?...If so It;s a shame !

Quick Reply: Hot Duck have you been running that 45' Apache this summer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.