Pictures of the Boyne Run start >

Pictures of the Boyne Run start

Notices

Pictures of the Boyne Run start

Old 08-16-2005, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Pictures of the Boyne Run start

so who won the $5000 1st prise that was advertised on there web site ??
Old 08-16-2005, 01:57 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Barry won. Not sure the amount though.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:23 PM
Registered

ahhh more of Milwaukee's best for Barry that guy has all the luck

How much money was raised for the charity ????
Old 08-18-2005, 03:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only $400, and that check went right from Citgo Gas to Camp Quality. West Michigan Powerboat couldn't even pay there bill for dinner at Garretts and a few other bills.
Old 08-18-2005, 03:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dank:

How was the run??? We didn't make it, the Cig was on the way back to Cigarette and we haven't talked to Kieth. My dad saw you come by Leland on your way up and was bummed we were sitting on the side once again. I hope the boat ran great. The pics are awesome. Hopefully we will be there next summer!

Vandy
Old 08-18-2005, 05:01 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Originally Posted by vandy021
Dank:

How was the run??? We didn't make it, the Cig was on the way back to Cigarette and we haven't talked to Kieth. My dad saw you come by Leland on your way up and was bummed we were sitting on the side once again. I hope the boat ran great. The pics are awesome. Hopefully we will be there next summer!

Vandy
Vandy, the run was great. Everyone who went had a really good time. No problems with the equipment or the weather!! I thought we might get rained on, but it held off for us. 2-4' waves heading up, but smooth sailing coming home. We all enjoyed each others company and we're all looking forward to doing it again.

Sorry you couldn't make it, I sure hope you get that boat sorted out soon! Maybe we can do some boating together in September??
Dan
Old 08-18-2005, 05:08 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Originally Posted by JB4Boyne
Only $400, and that check went right from Citgo Gas to Camp Quality. West Michigan Powerboat couldn't even pay there bill for dinner at Garretts and a few other bills.
I wasn't involved in any of that, so I wouldn't know.

What other bills were there?? We paid the fuel guy, hotel rooms, and drinks directly ourselves. Garrett let us stay at his dock, no charge. We didn't do anything else.
Old 08-18-2005, 07:33 PM

Hi Dan, You boaters were great and had awesome boats, everything on your part was great, it was very nice to see you. The problem was with West Michigan Powerboat, they had agreed to pay Garrett's $5000 for the Luau, they sent a $1000 deposit and when they showed up they only had another $1000, thats why you didn't have brunch back at Garrett's on Sunday. There was also $350 for a DJ that they didn't pay and also the Harbourage Marina had 6 slips reserved @ $1.75 per foot = $390 which the Boyne City Chamber ended up paying. But as far as you BOATERS go you were great, I would have liked to stick around and visit, but after seeing what WMPA did to Garrett I couldn't stand to. If anyone else reading this has any questions they can call Gaarrett's On Water Street or the City. Have a great summer and be safe, JB
Old 08-18-2005, 07:42 PM
Registered

Sounds like they are up to there old tricks again

Follow this attached link and it will describe what happen the last time this group put on an event (notice the date of posting)
Post 5 and post 7 pretty much explains what went down back then and how this group acts so it should be no real surprise

The "new group" mentioned in that thread was the WMPA

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=101672

I have since confirmed most of this again to make sure it is up to date and it is
to date there are still a number of folks un paid for an event that took place a year ago promoted by WMPA

This kind of thing will once again set back offshore boating and it is giving one more black eye to the sport we all love

anyone wanting to verify any of this please contact me it is all very easily corroborated

JB4Boyne sorry to here you got took in by this group and they cost you headache and some money I hope it wasn't alot of money

I can verify many $$Thousands$$ un paid in the last event they put on here
I hate to see it happen again to another great boating spot
Old 08-19-2005, 09:32 AM
Registered

Quick Reply: Pictures of the Boyne Run start

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.