Like Tree0Likes

Cat Insurance????

Reply
Old 08-18-2005, 09:57 PM
  #11
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Tampa,Fl.
My Boats: 2001 26 ZX DONZI 496HO
Posts: 1,124
Default Re: Cat Insurance????

Quote:
Originally Posted by expresscat39
All good people and good companies. I have been told NO by all of them.

Traffic violations: NONE
Drugs: NO
Smoker: NO
Drinker: NO
Accidents: NONE

They will inusre everything else I have but not a CAT.

These things may become extinct. Unless you can write a check they cannot be financed.
Alliance Marine outa Ft.Lauerdale for me at 6500.00 and that a perfect across the board score on all the negatives that expresscat 39 quoted. No violations and 48 years old. By the way this company is a subsiderary of LLoyds of London.
Donzi Corleone is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 10:22 PM
  #12
Registered
Gold Member
 
MnHowardCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Minnesota
My Boats: 96 Cig American Beauty
Posts: 404
Default Re: Cat Insurance????

Any one else with SY at Total Dollar have your rates jump up and I mean jump??
Don
MnHowardCat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 10:24 PM
  #13
Registered
 
gsmith9898's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: tulsa, oklahoma
Posts: 1,870
Default Re: Cat Insurance????

Quote:
Originally Posted by welladjusted
gs: what type of speeds are you quoting them?
I told him about 70 mph but when I went to pay him and sign papers he said underwriting said the boat would do close to 100. So I knew they were writing a good policy.
gsmith9898 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 10:28 PM
  #14
Registered
 
gsmith9898's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: tulsa, oklahoma
Posts: 1,870
Default Re: Cat Insurance????

Quote:
Originally Posted by welladjusted
gs: what type of speeds are you quoting them?
His office is at 91st and sheridan. call him. I asked if it was okay if I gave his name and number to other cat owners and he said okay. It was not easy. he had to have them run my credit and tell them what else I would insure.
gsmith9898 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 10:37 PM
  #15
Registered
 
Spine Tingler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: GLOC
My Boats: Smith Power 44MTI
Posts: 2,176
Default Re: Cat Insurance????

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmith9898
His office is at 91st and sheridan. call him. I asked if it was okay if I gave his name and number to other cat owners and he said okay. It was not easy. he had to have them run my credit and tell them what else I would insure.
I have talked with another agent for National American and he didn't get me quoted and my credit score is well over 700. I did have two tickets in the last two years though. I am trying to get insurance on a new 44 MTI and the speed was supposedly an issue.
Spine Tingler is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 10:37 PM
  #16
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (5)
 
johnnyboatman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: NO WHERE
My Boats: FASTEST INNER TUBE
Posts: 3,358
Default Re: Cat Insurance????

my state farm agent told me alot depends on the value. new skater valued at 500g wow my 31 warlock w/65.000 1100.year
johnnyboatman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 10:41 PM
  #17
Registered
 
ChiToWn TapouT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Trinity,FL
Posts: 318
Default Re: Cat Insurance????

Im still in the learning process here and Ive decided on a 39' OE.
And from what Ive read on OSO is that insurance is hard to come by.
Why is that?
Why dont they want to insure them?

Whats the difference between pavement and water?
Lambo, Ferrari, Porsche Vettes, Mustangs. Old Muscle Cars

MTI, Nor Tech,Skater, Ocean Express, Eliminator. SuperCharged Boats.

Here what about Cafe bikes they know the kids get nuts on them!! Nothing like the speed of a cafe bike.

I dont see a difference when it comes to performance.



I know the the top cats cost more but still to deny coverage of some of the less expensive cats.?

I dont see a difference but then again what do I know.
Please inform me.

Last edited by ChiToWn TapouT; 08-18-2005 at 11:00 PM.
ChiToWn TapouT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 10:50 PM
  #18
Registered
 
gsmith9898's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: tulsa, oklahoma
Posts: 1,870
Smile Re: Cat Insurance????

Quote:
Originally Posted by welladjusted
I have talked with another agent for National American and he didn't get me quoted and my credit score is well over 700. I did have two tickets in the last two years though. I am trying to get insurance on a new 44 MTI and the speed was supposedly an issue.
I talked to the agent in broken arrow and they called underwriting and they told her no. I than had lunch with a big wig fron anpac in springfield and they told me to call another agent because they were starting to work with the agents in helping them write new business. I called jay and he called underwqriting and they said no and than I told him my story and he got all my info of ss number, 2 tickets , 2 houses to insure, 3 cars and a boat. He took about 1 day and called ask some questions like what do you do for a living and where do you go boating. If you call jay and tell him that I ( Gary Smith) gave you his number he will laugh and tell you about it. I told him I did not want to screw up a good deal by telling anybody but he said no problem as lone as they know they will have to give me all their insurance. On a side note. He is not a boat person. he could not understand why someone would want a boat that went that fast. He wrote the policy on friday and I called him on monday morning and said, Jay, I guess you seen what happen to my boat on the news? I swear he stopped breathing for a second.
gsmith9898 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 11:04 PM
  #19
Registered
 
Spine Tingler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: GLOC
My Boats: Smith Power 44MTI
Posts: 2,176
Default Re: Cat Insurance????

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmith9898
I talked to the agent in broken arrow and they called underwriting and they told her no. I than had lunch with a big wig fron anpac in springfield and they told me to call another agent because they were starting to work with the agents in helping them write new business. I called jay and he called underwqriting and they said no and than I told him my story and he got all my info of ss number, 2 tickets , 2 houses to insure, 3 cars and a boat. He took about 1 day and called ask some questions like what do you do for a living and where do you go boating. If you call jay and tell him that I ( Gary Smith) gave you his number he will laugh and tell you about it. I told him I did not want to screw up a good deal by telling anybody but he said no problem as lone as they know they will have to give me all their insurance. On a side note. He is not a boat person. he could not understand why someone would want a boat that went that fast. He wrote the policy on friday and I called him on monday morning and said, Jay, I guess you seen what happen to my boat on the news? I swear he stopped breathing for a second.
Thanks GS!! As soon as I find out what the boys( MTI42 and SeanH) have worked out at Emerald Coast with D. Woods this weekend I will start working on this again! What a pain in the __ __ __!!! Thanks Again! Scott
Spine Tingler is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 11:23 PM
  #20
Registered
 
apache21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sand Springs/Grand Lake oklahoma
Posts: 975
Default Re: Cat Insurance????

I have my Skater with American National also. My agent is Koutney Disney. They will write insurance depending on you overall situation. I have my life, house, cars, boat insurance with them. Get people to work with.
apache21 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
TheKoz96
Insurance and Finance
10
11-28-2007 03:42 PM
MOTION35
Insurance and Finance
2
07-13-2007 02:46 PM
lucky strike
General Boating Discussion
24
11-07-2004 02:21 PM
Chuck
General Boating Discussion
51
08-29-2004 07:08 PM
sre
General Boating Discussion
7
06-16-2002 08:53 AM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:36 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.