Boaters Feeling the Pinch of High Gasoline Prices

Notices

Boaters Feeling the Pinch of High Gasoline Prices

Old 08-18-2005, 09:38 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Boaters Feeling the Pinch of High Gasoline Prices

I retired last February...just in time for this bull$hit with 1/3 third the income I used to have . Been doin' a lot more floatin and less boatin' this season.
Instead of running down to the Chesapeake , I'll trailer part way , after all the old PSD @14 mph towing is better that 2 540s @ 1.1 mph

Bastages
Attached Images  
Old 08-18-2005, 09:40 PM
Registered

Did this chat just go Liberal? Or are the Moderates finally showing their faces again? Last year, none of this mattered even though all indicators pointed to oil prices rising significantly if we didn't get out of Iraq. Are there no Bush-lovers left who are unable to afford their boating pleasure but still glad oil prices are high because of this war?
Old 08-18-2005, 09:50 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

[QUOTE= Are there no Bush-lovers left who are unable to afford their boating pleasure but still glad oil prices are high because of this war?[/QUOTE]

I like bush but not the one in the White House. Don't blame me ...I didn't vote for him. But those of us who opposed GWB on here last year before the election got their heads bit off
I honestly believe the FULL effect on the economy has yet to be felt , and it won't be good
Old 08-18-2005, 09:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice!!!
Old 08-18-2005, 09:55 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Actually I think I used the wrong word...it wasn't election , it should
have been eRection , because we're all gettin a good phuquen

Just my $.01............the rest went for gas

Last edited by mopower; 08-18-2005 at 09:57 PM.
Old 08-19-2005, 05:18 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

I don't really know what is going on with the Iraqi oil situation, but I kinda thought that by helping the Iraqi people that it would free/open up the oil markets for their country, and that there would be more of a supply. They seem to have a very large quantity of oil----it would help them, and it would help us. AND by helping their people, that we would be able to buy their oil at a very reasonable cost. Actually, it would be nice if the war bill was funded by some of the Iraqi oil vs American tax payers. However, I don't know what the oil situation is between Iraq, and the USA. And I don't seem to hear much said about it by our President or the news. I'd really like to know the facts on this.
Old 08-19-2005, 07:04 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

It doesn't matter how much they pump out of the ground, if it can't be refined, it's worthless, our refineries are at max capacity now.

How come the idiots on Wall street never get a part of the blame, at the slightest worry, they start trading at higher prices and we pay at the pump
Old 08-19-2005, 07:06 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The cost of oil currently has nothing to do with Iraqi oil supplies. Look south young grasshoppers, Chavez has a lot more to do with it than Bin Laden or any other marginal towelhead playa'.

Now that the birds back to the roost perhaps some of our previously vocal pro-neocon supportors will see the potential benefit of a more logical moderate approach to world affairs.

Just wait kids......Tis the time to find a "new" enemy...big oil (but only the Arabs of course) as the Iraqi thang and the Bin Laden thang out workin' out so well in testosteroneland.
Old 08-19-2005, 07:52 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't even know what to say, I paid $3.00 for 89 octane on the water the other day. The problem is there is really nothing I can do about. I had friends on the boat and its not like I'm gonna turn around and go home, and how am I going to stop gas prices from going up? It sucks because it pisses me off so bad, I mean I have credit cards that are maxed out from buying gas this past month. Its ridiculous, I just wish there was something I could do about it, its so frustrating.
Old 08-19-2005, 08:18 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Hey guys think of the positive. Higher prices mean you don't use your boat that much. So in return you are saving money on repairs, drives & motors freshing. Also now you have more time on your hands, less cleaning the boat. What more can you ask for.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.