Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Here Comes Katrina (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/110854-here-comes-katrina.html)

CigDaze 08-24-2005 12:18 PM

Here Comes Katrina

Here we go again. Doesn't look too bad though, shouldn't be much more than a week storm by time it hit FL.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ftp/graphics...5W5+GIF/1A.gif

ratman 08-24-2005 12:27 PM

Re: Here Comes Katrina

i'll figure out where its not raining and tow my cig there. or im getting a rain coat...but im going boating this weeked. i was hoping for some big seas so there you have it, im in

CigDaze 08-24-2005 12:34 PM

By all indications, we'll be seeing some offshore wind, coming from the southeast...will make for some hairy inlet entrances. :D

tomtbone1993 08-24-2005 12:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
God Bless Texas :D

kitten 08-24-2005 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by CigDaze
Here we go again. Doesn't look too bad though, shouldn't be much more than a week storm by time it hit FL.

...and a weak storm too

CigDaze 08-24-2005 01:53 PM

Thanks.

Dangerous Dave 08-24-2005 01:56 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This is what my street looks like when we get sustained hurricane winds coming north up Tampa Bay and a high tide

kitten 08-24-2005 02:01 PM

Tell me about it, we are on the Alifia River. :eek:
Dave where are you, that can get bad.

Dangerous Dave 08-24-2005 02:09 PM

Shore Acres, St. Petersburg, Were on the news every hurricane. I've been interviewed twice.

LostinBoston 08-24-2005 02:33 PM

I just got to ft lauderdale,
damnit, i need a bigger boat... again.

Iggy 08-24-2005 02:36 PM

I just went to the National Data Buoy site and checked the wave heights for the Eastern Caribbean, Florida and Gulf of Mexico, and Western Caribbean. Waves are no more than 5' anyplace. I figured they'd be higher than that.

CigDaze 08-24-2005 03:15 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Dangerous Dave
This is what my street looks like when we get sustained hurricane winds coming north up Tampa Bay and a high tide

Dave, Your in Shore Acres? Me too. This was Frances from last year:
:eek:

One of your pics looks like "lake Overlook" :D

Dangerous Dave 08-24-2005 06:32 PM

Yea Shore Acres is nice most of the time other than being in an A-1 flood zone. Frances put about 4 inches of water in my whole house. Good thing we have flood insurance. Amazingly our property values are still going way up too. Nice Cig, I have a 28SS.

CigDaze 08-24-2005 07:13 PM

Yea Shore Acres is nice most of the time other than being in an A-1 flood zone. Frances put about 4 inches of water in my whole house. Good thing we have flood insurance. Amazingly our property values are still going way up too. Nice Cig, I have a 28SS.

No doubt, property values are out of control. My place has about doubled in 3 years. We've been lucky so far, water came close, but never came in. From what I know my place has never been flooded, knock on wood. Thanks, we should hook up sometime.

kitten 08-24-2005 07:13 PM

Shore Acres, St. Petersburg

I know exactly where you are. My mom was in
S A Rehab Nursing Home. They had to evacuate
alot.

FountainCS 08-25-2005 10:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Remember this band? Kind of fitting now. Glad it's not looking like too big of a storm.

Iggy 08-25-2005 12:00 PM

2 Attachment(s)
NexRad images from Miami and Melbourne

Cash Bar 08-25-2005 01:25 PM

Projected path puts it right down Hillsboro Blvd.(main street Deerfield Beach) and squarely to my back door. :eek:

Got all shutters up and the dog and I are buckled in. Cat 1, but we will see longer and stronger winds than from any of the storms last year. :(

CigDaze 08-25-2005 02:27 PM

Cash, you guys stay safe over there. Good luck.

lucky strike 08-25-2005 03:07 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is our canal :eek: :eek:

LS JR.

CigDaze 08-25-2005 03:33 PM

Looks ugly!

Hunker down! :D

CAFE 08-25-2005 04:06 PM

Lucky, how far are u from lighthouse point?

Roger 1 08-25-2005 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by lucky strike
Here is our canal :eek: :eek:

LS JR.

Be safe Bobby, and if you go outside make sure that you put some rocks in your pockets to keep from blowing away!

Roger

otis311 08-25-2005 05:52 PM

Hope my boat fairs well in Miami. My family is down in Orlando also. Any word on the storms latest projected path ??

gdfatha 08-25-2005 06:10 PM

All you guys/girls south of me (Altamonte Springs) stay safe.. Reports state lottsa rain east and west coast the up to the panhandle again..

cuda 08-25-2005 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by otis311
Hope my boat fairs well in Miami. My family is down in Orlando also. Any word on the storms latest projected path ??

Otis, just a little wind and scattered rain in Otown. Nothing heavy. The path of the storm looks like it moved a little farther south than they had expected.

cuda 08-25-2005 06:29 PM

Lucky, what kind of tidal surge did you get? What phase is the tide in?

rchevelle71 08-25-2005 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by CASH BAR
Projected path puts it right down Hillsboro Blvd.(main street Deerfield Beach) and squarely to my back door. :eek:

Got all shutters up and the dog and I are buckled in. Cat 1, but we will see longer and stronger winds than from any of the storms last year. :(

I'll let ya know if any of your chit comes floating(or flying) by my house :eek:

Just Joking, not too bad out here in West Boca right now, it is raining sideways, gusting winds, but my boat is still on the trailer alongside the house, at last it was last time I looked :drink:

thedonz 08-25-2005 07:10 PM

Oh boy, is it blowing hard now....lights are flickering...may not be on for long........everyone be safe

Formula Outlaw 08-25-2005 07:43 PM

Cuda's probably hunkered down in "the Hollar"....

Don't think we're gonna get a lot out of this one, maybe some rain.

cuda 08-25-2005 08:41 PM

Nothing going on here at all right now.

kitten 08-25-2005 09:28 PM

Blow it out in the Gulf :blaster:

R Addiction 08-25-2005 09:46 PM

Be safe people!! Keep us posted. ;)

Formula Outlaw 08-26-2005 07:00 AM

Woke up this morning and it was already gone. Gonna miss us completely by the looks of things. Wasn't originally projected to come through until tonight. Went much farther south than thought. Already out in the Gulf and heading away.

happy hours 08-26-2005 08:56 AM

Lets hope it keeps headed that way. I feel for those with damage and no prower in South Florida. My father in-law is retired FPL guy and he keep gong back to work every summer. He likes the extra coin but we hope this trend stops/slows down.

CigDaze 08-26-2005 09:13 AM

All gone, no more worries.
I hope everyone made it through okay in South FL!

Now, it's going to gain strength and hit the poor folks in the panhandle again. :( :( They just can't catch a break.

georges 08-26-2005 09:56 AM

I am told our power stayed on...........but my roof blew off! :eek: this is according to our isle's security guard, with whom I spoke last night during the peak of the storm!
Unfortunately I am up in Michigan!

Dangerous Dave 08-26-2005 10:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The panhandle is having a rough time with erosion. I was in Destin last week and the beach was literally washed away. Heres a pic of what used to be a parking lot.
CigDaze, we should definately hook up, if you like beers and boats were already like family.

Iggy 08-26-2005 10:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Looks like Key West is getting pounded.....

gdfatha 08-26-2005 11:23 AM

Hey Poo..

Glad to see you still have power....Charge up the batteries..

News as we speak.. Katrina returning to Keys and will hit Panhandle again later....

6 inches of rain in Marathon .. :(

and a family of 5 in a 24 "pleasure craft" missing out at sea... :(

Take care all...