Brevard County (FL) Boaters: Alert >

Brevard County (FL) Boaters: Alert

Notices

Brevard County (FL) Boaters: Alert

Old 08-27-2005, 08:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brevard County (FL) Boaters: Alert

On Aug. 30, a final meeting will take place on a proposed ban of parking any boats of over 24 ft. ANYWHERE on a property of one half acre or less, not just your driveway, but side OR back yard.

Attached is the CFFW alert email.

This would effect many people including non members of OSO. I realize that many keep their boats on their own lift or in rack storeage, however there are many who keep their boats at their home. Please make your voices of opposition known. Thank you.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
boatparkingban2.txt (2.9 KB, 85 views)
Old 08-27-2005, 08:25 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts
Default Re: Brevard County (FL) Boaters: Alert

is florida trying to get rid of boats- period ??? that's just plain phuking stupid
Old 08-27-2005, 08:30 AM
Registered

This just kinda came out of left field. What's very bizarre is that several of the County Commissioners apparently are strong boating advocates. If this passes it's going to hurt a lot of people.

If I had to store my boat at a "high and dry" it would cost me almost 5 bills a month, no way could I do that right now.

Seems more and more the government is telling you what you can and can't do with your own property, not to mention the Home Owner Associations or Deed Restrictions. It's totally out of hand.
Old 08-27-2005, 08:50 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

ok , i know how some have those restrictions , i can respect that , you know going in what you can or can not do ,that's your choice to live in a area or development , but a whole county.. in florida where ,boating almost 365 a year....
Old 08-27-2005, 01:00 PM
Registered

Apparently another meeting is planned for the 29th. See attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
banboatpark3.txt (1.8 KB, 71 views)
Old 08-27-2005, 01:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by open72
ok , i know how some have those restrictions , i can respect that , you know going in what you can or can not do ,that's your choice to live in a area or development , but a whole county.. in florida where ,boating almost 365 a year....

I agree. It's just unfortunate that people who buy OUTSIDE these deed restricted neighborhoods for the reason that they don't WANT deed restrictions, are now in danger of same.

I hope those meetings are jam packed.
Old 08-27-2005, 02:07 PM
Registered

Could be good for me. I just opened a boat, trailer, and RV storage yard. DISCOUNTS FOR ALL OSO MEMBERS! I was wondering why we are getting so many calls now.
Old 08-27-2005, 09:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by addiction
Could be good for me. I just opened a boat, trailer, and RV storage yard. DISCOUNTS FOR ALL OSO MEMBERS! I was wondering why we are getting so many calls now.
Is your facility in Brevard? How about more info if it is?

Thanks
Old 08-28-2005, 05:49 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Poorsche
Is your facility in Brevard? How about more info if it is?

Thanks

P,
I don't think Addiction lives here in Brevard, if he does, I want to know where his lot is too.

The BIG problem I have with this proposed Co. wide deed restriction is it discriminates against people with boats longer than 24'!
It should apply to all boats or NONE of the boats which is the proper way to go. I have been in contact with my Co. Comm., Ron Pritchard, about this a couple of weeks ago. There are supposed to be forwarding me the minutes of the last meeting.

Russ,
Thanks for looking out for us here in Brevard co.
!
Old 08-28-2005, 09:11 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
P,
I don't think Addiction lives here in Brevard, if he does, I want to know where his lot is too.

The BIG problem I have with this proposed Co. wide deed restriction is it discriminates against people with boats longer than 24'!
It should apply to all boats or NONE of the boats which is the proper way to go. I have been in contact with my Co. Comm., Ron Pritchard, about this a couple of weeks ago. There are supposed to be forwarding me the minutes of the last meeting.

Russ,
Thanks for looking out for us here in Brevard co.
!

Addictions storeage facility is located in Sarasota, unless he's picked up a second one.

Dean, I get "into it" anywhere. The "weinies" up in "Lake Winnie" despise me, and I got banned from their Lake Winnie website. (along with others on this Forum) Their webmaster Don rules it like his "holy land". Either agree with him and his "family" or you're gone. I didn't agree. This was primarily over their proposed speed limit which is nothing more than an attempt to rid Lake Winnie (New Hampshire) of offshore style of boats because some of the "old timers" want that lake to be like "Golden Pond". It's sickening.

Quick Reply: Brevard County (FL) Boaters: Alert

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.