Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Hurricane Victim Members, Check in here... >

Hurricane Victim Members, Check in here...

Notices

Hurricane Victim Members, Check in here...

Old 09-21-2005, 10:01 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Hurricane Victim Members, Check in here...

Originally Posted by robyw1
About 50 miles. and yes I have a camera
We were 3 hours north of the coast and still some damage.Hatisburg 90 miles south of us was was bad . Just east of it the forest was leveled.

Its hard to say? Are you in the flood zone?

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 09-21-2005, 10:15 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
We were 3 hours north of the coast and still some damage.Hatisburg 90 miles south of us was was bad . Just east of it the forest was leveled.

Its hard to say? Are you in the flood zone?
No flood zone and 9 floors up. I'm mainly worried about wind
Old 09-26-2005, 11:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Little House on the River, Tickfaw River Crested 1/2" below my door sill. Extremely Lucky, again!!
Attached Thumbnails Hurricane Victim Members, Check in here...-rita-2005.jpg  
Old 09-26-2005, 10:20 PM
Registered

Bulldog here still alive and well.
Ate mucho BBQ due to power outages. Trusty AR15 with Green-tip AP in case of looters. My family made it OK, but many coworkers from Bay St. Louis lost EVERYTHING. The tidal surge must have been like a huge ocean swell- it ate up homes and spat the remains back out.

The resiliency of these people is tremendous- many are repairing as we speak. I have been acting as a gofer for some needing screw guns, etc. as these things are hard to come by in the immediate area.

Thanks to all on OSO for the support. Just knowing there are people out there that care makes a tremendous difference.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:43 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone's concern, great group here. The family is doing fine, we are back in our home on the 2nd floor, kids are in school. Just got Internet today, 1 tv, and intermediate phone service. Actually we are so, so, blessed, the only family living back in our home on the street, and it feels like our spirits are lifted. There are still a few tents, and alot of trailers. We took on 13' of water, all the homes were just devasted, slab only standing. Alot of people stayed unfortunate and didnt make it including a few employees. Each day gets better, and we will not give up. Again thanks for everyone's concern.
Jeff & Sandy
Old 11-16-2005, 08:23 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jassman
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone's concern, great group here. The family is doing fine, we are back in our home on the 2nd floor, kids are in school. Just got Internet today, 1 tv, and intermediate phone service. Actually we are so, so, blessed, the only family living back in our home on the street, and it feels like our spirits are lifted. There are still a few tents, and alot of trailers. We took on 13' of water, all the homes were just devasted, slab only standing. Alot of people stayed unfortunate and didnt make it including a few employees. Each day gets better, and we will not give up. Again thanks for everyone's concern.
Jeff & Sandy
It's good to see you back on-line. Sorry to hear about your neighbors and employees that didn't make it.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:57 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Great to hear from you Jeff & Sandy!! Sorry to hear about your friends and coworkers.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:46 AM
rv
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Jeff,
Glad to see you posting again. That was really bad what happened down there. Nice to see you are making progress on getting back to normal. What ever that maybe after all you have been through.

Rick
Old 11-16-2005, 01:14 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

You take alot of things for granted, like water, ice, food, showers, toilets, and clothing. The material things can always be replaced. We have learned to adapt with out, but , the necessities in time of need are essential. I often questioned myself why this happened, the devastation, of any hurricane let alone a #5., which was hard to imagine unless you go through it, and physically watch it roll in and know you are trapped, and feel your life in God's hands. Our life has changed, my empathy towards others in need of care, and most important our family has become stronger and closer. You know who your true friends are, and you also know the people that used you. It's truly good to be on the board again, thanks everyone.
Jeff
Old 11-16-2005, 06:17 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

So glad things are going OK for you Jeff. It is great to hear from you on OSO again.