Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Hurricane Victim Members, Check in here... >

Hurricane Victim Members, Check in here...

Notices

Hurricane Victim Members, Check in here...

Old 09-01-2005, 04:21 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Hurricane Victim Members, Check in here...

We just got back online.. Were doing OK here now .We had some damage trees ,roof and stuff.We were blocked in the neighbor hood till Tue night . Power is back on now and we have very little cell phone use .The city[Jackson] here was 90% out of power Monday night .They say there connecting about 50K people a day back on power . We have no power at my Business so Ive been cleaning up the debre around the house .And going down to the store every day making sure we don't get looted I guess we are bless thats all the damage we got . South of us its real bad .

I finally got a call from a neighbor[Richard] of RacerX6[Eric] they are ok. They said there was some damage. Eric and the hole town is still out of power. Richard was headed to Memphis to find generators when he called me .They said there has been some looting there.

He said there is NO cell phone use below Hatisburg and no Gas Below Jackson. I guess once they get power back on there stations will have some gas .

There already having fights here for gas and from people breaking in line . The normal wait here in line is 3-4 hours

I heard so guy shot his sister over a bag of Ice

I have a report from the Jordan River/Bay Saint Louis area that the houses are Mostly gone . RacerX6 {Eric] Uncle House was lifted off the stilts and collapsed .This area is like a back bay and still got hit bad . There saying that Waveland and west of there had over 31-33 foot surge .

I still haven't heard anything from Jassby . His house is Right by I-10 on the Jordan river so I bet its real bad there also. I figure they had at least 20 plus feet there I hope he and his Family is ok.There is no way to get in touch with anybody down there.

I am glad everybody else is ok . Property is immaterial.

Thanks for everybody asking about us .

Rob

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 09-01-2005, 04:43 PM
Rob
VIP Member

I talked to Open 72 {Eric]He went to TX and is ok but we figure his house has to have damage . He will be out of a job also. He's pretty stress out.Eric has tried to call me but the cell is not picking up at my house and I cant get thru to him when I got to my store .

Aftermarket1[Sean] is ok also. We were told His business is under water in NO so he will be out of a job for a while also.He also has lost his house .

I have been trying to get In touch with Mark at Precision Marine and cant I heard he did leave . But his Business is by Sean and under water also.Hopefully the water didn't get to deep.I don't know about Marks House

I figure Stan's Popeye's;Etc. will be hit hard also.Glad there ok.

Steve and Eddie glad you all are ok Hopefully your building and contents didn't get to hard . Let us know what we can do Good luck to Eddie and Steve .

Guys these people and other members are going to need our help.

Rob

Old 09-01-2005, 05:12 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by boatfreak28
I just got a call from a friend that just talked to Jassby. They are OK but that is about all I know. Judging by everything we know about that area I would assume there isn't much left of his place but means nothing at this point.
Great news.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:32 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

The more that I read on this and other threads, the more I am amazed at the concern and support from everyone on this site. My girlfriend and I both read the posts and she was in tears at the kindness of everyone.
I finally got a report on the shop and it is not good. The front of the shop was under 6-7 feet of water and is a total loss. The offices, computers, refrigerator, etc are all gone. The floor is covered in about a foot of mud. The back of the shop where the boats are was under 9 feet of water. The boats faired well. All of the bigger boats stayed on the trailers and the smaller ones floated up and back down on the trailer unharmed. One boat that was outside came off of the trailer, but did not show much damage.
It will be months before the power is restored, but it could have been worse. The road that the shop is on is a very busy street with lots of businesses. About half of those businesses are completely gone. The other half are like us and will require months of work and countless thousands of dollars to repair. I am going to try to return tomorrow and save the motors, blocks and parts that went under, none of which we are insured for. I will try to find some place to stay when I get there, so I will be out of touch for a while. If anyone needs to get me, you can try my cell; 504-416-3607. Again, thanks for your prayers and support.

Eddie
Old 09-01-2005, 05:44 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Glad to hear everybody is being located and is OK. I hope it continues.

I'm back at home in Atlanta...schools out for at least this semester...thats the least of my concerns.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:33 PM
'05 Concept SF23
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Eddie, have you talked to your mother? After you get situated call me. I would be glad to donate a week or so of labor to help you to clean up. If you need boats or stuff hauled out let me know. I am here to help in any way I can. Joe Murray
Old 09-01-2005, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I heard we may get power tommorrow. I am home on a generator. Water went down another foot today. Lots of debris in the water,Michael
Old 09-01-2005, 08:49 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Eddie, although sad news, it is also good news since your family is safe. This is an example of where maybe some of us, when we can start getting in the area, can take some time off and come down to help.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:08 PM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

Glad to hear everyone so far has been physically unharmed(that includes you Strip ) I wish I was closer, and hadn't taken so much time off recently . I have an extra 2 rooms in Tulsa, and my family has a 2 bedroom condo in Aventura if they can be of use. If any of you need lifting straps, tie down straps, chains, hoists, or anything lifting related call me and its yours. I hope we keep getting good news of our brothers.

Bubba
918-633-8609
Old 09-01-2005, 10:17 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36
Glad to hear everyone so far has been physically unharmed(that includes you Strip ) I wish I was closer, and hadn't taken so much time off recently . I have an extra 2 rooms in Tulsa, and my family has a 2 bedroom condo in Aventura if they can be of use. If any of you need lifting straps, tie down straps, chains, hoists, or anything lifting related call me and its yours. I hope we keep getting good news of our brothers.

Bubba
918-633-8609

Thanks Bubba

I found this http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories2005/s2495.htm

it has some AERIAL SURVEY OF REGIONS RAVAGED BY HURRICANE KATRINA

I am hearing that Waveland/s storm surge was 40 foot now .The locall news had someone in Diamond head said some home had up to 6 foot of water and some none ?

Rob

Quick Reply: Hurricane Victim Members, Check in here...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.