Like Tree0Likes

Labor Day Weekend Guilt

Old 09-03-2005, 10:07 AM
Registered

My Boats: '99 Formula 382 Poker Run Special/'05 Formula 260 SS
Default Re: Labor Day Weekend Guilt

Stan,

Glad to hear you and your family are safe. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Chris
Old 09-03-2005, 10:26 AM
Registered

I have mixed feelings but already have a full tank from 2 weeks ago and my brother in-law just returned from Iraq and would like to go for a boat ride so I am going. I figure I am not going to fill up after today and will just prepare the boat for the winter early.
Old 09-03-2005, 10:53 AM
Registered

My Boats: 35 Fountain Executioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICK
I've been wrestling with feelings of guilt about boating this weekend myself. So I was a bit relieved to see this thread and know I'm not alone with my conflicted thoughts.

I do feel extremely bad for all those affected by the hurricane. I have given money to the cause and will give more. But beyond that, at this time, there isn't a whole lot I can do.

I'm going to go to the lake this weekend and try to enjoy myself. I have a boat. I have the payments. I have the insurance. I have a full tank of fuel. None of that changes by staying home, watching the TV and staying in a funk.

Yes, I want to see more done to help the unfortunate folks caught up in what is probably the worst natural disaster this country has faced. At the same time, this country and this economy MUST move forward.
Ditto! Other peoples expenses dont change either. That
resturant,motel or Fuel station you dont visit will be hurt
also.All the local people depend on that income for their
livelyhood. Thats important too! I say, give all that you
can.but dont stop living. If we do,and sink the economy
into a deep recession,alot more people will be hurting!!
Old 09-03-2005, 12:06 PM
Registered

My Boats: 368' Skater

Thanks Red Dog. For what it is worth I think everyone who can should go boating and have a good time for us too. You worked for it and earned it. Just find a good charity and send a couple of bucks if you are feeling guilty. Healing Place Church in Baton Rouge is a safe bet for funds going where they should if you are so inclined. Have a fun safe weekend
healingplacechurch.org
stan
Old 09-03-2005, 01:06 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicator
my brother in-law just returned from Iraq and would like to go for a boat ride so I am going.
He deserves that and more. I understand ... my sister-in-law/physician is going back to Iraq again for another tour of duty. Hope you both enjoy your reunion and boat ride!
Old 09-03-2005, 01:24 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

My Boats: 1993 Sonic 31ss

Chris, your a good man....
Old 09-03-2005, 05:28 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyno
Chris, your a good man....
Thanks, Dyno. There are alot around here ... yourself included, my friend.
Old 09-03-2005, 07:13 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

My Boats: Using LS JR. TG

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICK
I've been wrestling with feelings of guilt about boating this weekend myself. So I was a bit relieved to see this thread and know I'm not alone with my conflicted thoughts.

I do feel extremely bad for all those affected by the hurricane. I have given money to the cause and will give more. But beyond that, at this time, there isn't a whole lot I can do.

I'm going to go to the lake this weekend and try to enjoy myself. I have a boat. I have the payments. I have the insurance. I have a full tank of fuel. None of that changes by staying home, watching the TV and staying in a funk.

Yes, I want to see more done to help the unfortunate folks caught up in what is probably the worst natural disaster this country has faced. At the same time, this country and this economy MUST move forward.
PERFECT !

LS & Family
Old 09-06-2005, 10:19 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

My Boats: Making hot chicks hotter since 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDog382
baf.com,

It is my business when the health care system/insurance company/"non-profit" organization he runs and was paid into for a lifetime of my step-father's hard factory work reviews my mom's case. She was paralyzed from the armpits down with two malignant tumors in her spinal cord from renal cell CA that "their" doctors missed on a CT scan two years earlier. She could barely feed herself, couldn't turn over in bed or wipe her butt without help, and lived in a wheelchair/bed for the last miserable year of her life. They denied her claim, stating she "didn't need skilled nursing care".

It is my business when I'm told they don't have the money to pay me when I stay overtime at the end of my night shift to finish taking care of the patients paying for his outrageous salary and perks.

It is my business when they cut nursing staff and vital supplies needed to take care of critical emergency patients because they don't have the funding needed. But he can give himself a fat raise under the same circumstances.

It is my business when they say they can't afford to have a second doctor on duty at night, and then tell me I don't have the authority to go on EMS bypass to divert ambulances from the ED when it is so busy that patients lives are endangered. Apparrently, I'm not qualified to make that decision despite my residency training at Johns Hopkins Hospital and six years with The University of Michigan.

It is my business when I bring a friend into the ED and suture his thumb back on in the middle of my night off, generating a $1200.00 bill (which they were fully compensated on) and I don't get a penny of, not even a "thank you".

By the way, his salary was published in the local paper, so it's no secret.

But thanks for your opinion on something you know nothing about!

What kind of work do you do, anyways?

Getting back a little late.

No, his salary is still none of your business. The operations and finances of the business he runs concerns you. Change jobs if you don't like your situation. That's what makes this capitalist society great............you can change and improve your life if you choose to.

As for me, I think you can tell I am a capitalist. I started out with NOTHING at 18. I was not happy. I made my life what I wanted it to be. I didn't sit back and ***** because I did not make enough money. I simply figured out how to make more and then worked like a dog for it. I hate excuses.

I'm done here.
Old 09-06-2005, 11:19 AM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

My Boats: PQ 38 Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by buyafountain.com
Getting back a little late.

No, his salary is still none of your business. The operations and finances of the business he runs concerns you. Change jobs if you don't like your situation. That's what makes this capitalist society great............you can change and improve your life if you choose to.

As for me, I think you can tell I am a capitalist. I started out with NOTHING at 18. I was not happy. I made my life what I wanted it to be. I didn't sit back and ***** because I did not make enough money. I simply figured out how to make more and then worked like a dog for it. I hate excuses.

I'm done here.
I have to wonder how you can jump in with such a tone of arrogance on a subject that was meant to state a personal opinion of ones thoughts and feelings for helping others.

Reddog chose to be an E.R. Dr. and help others. I have no doubt that he could have a private practice or work with a "group" making whatever he wants. Maybe helping others is his reward over the "capitalist" opportunity? Just sit back and think for a second without getting P.Oed. at my response. If you or your loved ones needed immediate care possibly even life saving care wouldn't you want someone with his passion helping you instead of the in/out take your money type care that we see way too often?
Just forget about the salaries for a second and understand the frustration that one feels when all they want is a "thank you".

Last edited by Scott; 09-06-2005 at 09:38 PM.