Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Trust Fund For OSO Hurricane Victims (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/111440-trust-fund-oso-hurricane-victims.html)

LubeJobs42 08-31-2005 01:19 PM

Trust Fund For OSO Hurricane Victims

I spoke to my attourny, he has contacted wachovia bank and is having a Trust fund set up where we can donate money to go directly to OSO family members that need out help. My Attourny said he will handle everything no charge and there will be no bank fees. This way 100% of the funds raised can go directly to our OSO family members that need it. I know we all know and trust Fred from Trick, he is going to be handling details. I was thinking there should be 2 other people voted in to help in the decision making as to how the money is distributed. I was hoping you guys can decide on who makes the decisions. The only other thing we need now is a name for the account. Please give any suggestions and feedback. Thank you for your help.

Here is the fund info I received. I will check tomorrow to see if they take electronic or debit card payments. I was told that Michael Dupy keeps track of who gives what amount. I'm not sure how it would work with electroinic payments. I will update this tomorrow.

Checks are to be made payable to :
OSO FAMILY RELIEF FUND

SEND TO:
Wachovia Bank
50 SW 84 Ave
Plantation, FL 33324
Att. Michael Dupy

When you send a payment Please email me at [email protected] with your name and amount of the check. If you don't want your name or amount posted on OSO please be sure to let me know so I can post as Anonymous.
Lets see we we can do for our friendS in need.

First 2 checks in our fund

Lubejobs42 (myself) $1000
Stan Riskin (My attorney) $500

Semper Fi 08-31-2005 01:26 PM

Re: Trust Fund For OSO Huricane Victims

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drink: :drink:
Gino,
Please post this on my post..........that way we don't have too many posts on the same thing

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=111399

LubeJobs42 08-31-2005 01:47 PM

Done. I need a name for the fund. I was thinking something along the lines of "OSO family relief fund" . Any Suggestions??

Semper Fi 08-31-2005 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
Done. I need a name for the fund. I was thinking something along the lines of "OSO family relief fund" . Any Suggestions??

That sounds good to me :D

REBEL4845 08-31-2005 01:52 PM

How do I donate and who do I contact. I can do a credit card, check or paypal. I dont know how to wire funds. Thanks

LubeJobs42 08-31-2005 02:49 PM

Thank you! All details will be posted tomorrow. Please decide on which 3 to 5 members you want to handle all the decisions. I was thinking Fred from Trick could be the main contact. Face it, he's not doing anything anyway!

custom29scarab 08-31-2005 02:57 PM

I nominate Cuda as a decision maker. He seems to have good moral judgement.

Plus he might have an extra 43k he doesn't know what to do with :rolleyes:

I will help contribute with what meager funds that are available to me.

DoTheMath 08-31-2005 03:03 PM

We also should have at least one woman on the board, to offer up a sensitive - objective - female perspective side us guys might miss? ;) This is a great effort, btw!!

SpeedGirl? Anyone... :)

AugiePensa 08-31-2005 03:16 PM

Gino, consider me in. I'm sure most of The Jersey Boyz will step up to help. OSO Family Relief Fund sounds great!

Phantom1 08-31-2005 03:16 PM

Put me down for $250, and tell me where to send it.

Roger 1 08-31-2005 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42

Great name that pretty much says it all. I think that Fred is a good choice and I would like to nominate Brandon, aka ''Twin Step Gun'' for one of the positions as well. He is a stand up guy and has a good head for business as well.

packinair 08-31-2005 04:39 PM

nominate twin step and speedgirl

Tantrum 08-31-2005 06:58 PM

Im in.
Thank you for getting this going Gino.
Ill wait for details of were to send money.

waterheater 08-31-2005 07:19 PM

Im in just need the info

ChrisK 08-31-2005 07:27 PM

Here is another option that can build on this.. There may not be an OSO member that needs help.. but there sure is others... Myself and a few others from here are all going to the gulf coast to help out(and work in some cases).. If we find a family that could REALLY use some extra cash, a poor family for instance who can not afford anything at this point. We can contact whoever is in charge that everyone chooses and possibly help them in some way.

Just an idea.. I will be on and off for the next few days here as I prepare myself and my equiptment to go but can be contacted on my cell whenever 407-463-9664.

berns29scarab 08-31-2005 07:37 PM

count me in...just let me know when and where. its people like you all that make me proud to say i'm a boater.

ChrisK 08-31-2005 07:38 PM

Well after reading some other posts I can see that there indeed ARE members that are in need.. so disregard my previous post...

If there is anything I can do for someone specific though I will be more than happy to if I am able so dont hesitate to call.

Outlawcowgirl 08-31-2005 07:44 PM

Banker Ron and myself are in to give what money we can. We were just talking about this last night. Great idea.

Audiofn 08-31-2005 07:55 PM

I would like to help in any way that I can.

Jon

docmanrich37 08-31-2005 07:56 PM

If anyone is going down there,i have a couple of generators i'll donate,all the gas cans i can buy with fuel and maybe a trailer to load supplies togo down there and help any oso members.If anyone is interested in going or meeting somewhere on the way call or email me.Rich 540-226-2814.I'm thinking of going when they will let people back in.

Mentalpause 08-31-2005 08:38 PM

This is a great idea. I am in. Looking forward to seeing where to send the $.

Many of us will send checks so let us know how to make them out.

Thanks to you who are setting this up and administrating it.

Outlawcowgirl 08-31-2005 08:42 PM

Fred this is Bankerron...just noticed I was on Carrie's name...whoops!If you need someone to help with anything please let me know. 785-249-1999

Shane 08-31-2005 09:17 PM

I will be happy to help Fred with the decision making process and administration. I too would like to possibly go down and help out for a few days. Anyone from up north here interested in setting up a car pool? I have enclosed snowmobile trailer we could load up and tow stuff down with.

Mentalpause 08-31-2005 09:44 PM

I keep wondering, given the conditions, if we would even be allowed into the area to try to help. Usually after an event like this access is very restricted unless you are with the insurance companies, red cross etc. My wife and I are donating to the red cross right now, works well since the company we work for is matching every dollar donated by employees.

But once things settle down and open up a little it might be interesting to see if we could get folks to take a few days off and go down and help out our OSO friends.

animalhouse 08-31-2005 09:49 PM

Please post bank info, and I will send $. I am a contractor and will be glad to lend whatever assistance I can. I own a fire protection company, and am currently working with union to send some labor force down there,they just can't tell us when we will be allowed in, nut i will keep people posted as to when outside workers are allowed in.

TalkOffshore 08-31-2005 10:01 PM

We've tried to keep up with all the members and where they are but no place seems to be the comprehensive place.

So until something is better we have created a spreadsheet at www.talkoffshore.com.

We need some of you to fill us in on names, locations and status of the very members that we care so much about.

AC

LubeJobs42 08-31-2005 10:34 PM

I just got in and and read all the posts. I'm so excited to see the response. I want to thank Semper Fi for coming up with the idea and Fred for offering his services.
All day I spent a lot of time thinking. Even though I have the worst luck possible, I am lucky in so many ways. I think about the money we all spend on our hobby. Now these poor people have lost everything in their lives. It just made me look at things very differently. I was thinking about ways to help these people. This way is one. I also think the road trip is great as long as they will let people in. My girlfriend signed up today as a Red Cross volunteer. She is going to see what she can find out for us about going there. I was also thinking about this: OSO has the auction section. Maybe they can lower or waive the auction fees and we can all go through our garages and find all our useless boat stuff (we all have tons collecting dust) and start auctioning them on OSO. Then we can donate any part of that to the fund. It's that much more for the cause without it affecting any of us. I have a few brand new Sospender jackets and some other stuff I would love to turn into cash for the fund. Just a thought. When I'm on a mission, watch out!!

fatdaddy 08-31-2005 11:07 PM

I'm in a group called HOPE (Hummer Owners Prepared for Emergencies) which is associated w/ the Red Cross. We have been told not to deploy at this time. We expect the call w/in a week. The Red Cross just doesn'thave the facilities up needed to house, etc...the volunteers.

Ms PatriYacht 08-31-2005 11:27 PM

good idea Gino, I know we have some stuff that we could sell, & we will send a check as well. I can not stop thinking about what it must be like :( I am driving Mr P nuts talking about what I see on the news. I keep reading OSO hoping to hear news about Jass and the others. I keep looking around my house thinking of all the things that I would miss & making mental notes of what I would take if we had to leave, which living in MI is highly unlikely. I don't even care about the other threads and looking at all that Stez nonsense is really getting to me. Sorry to ramble but this tragedy is something I can not stop thinking about :(

klmken 08-31-2005 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by docmanrich37
If anyone is going down there,i have a couple of generators i'll donate,all the gas cans i can buy with fuel and maybe a trailer to load supplies togo down there and help any oso members.If anyone is interested in going or meeting somewhere on the way call or email me.Rich 540-226-2814.I'm thinking of going when they will let people back in.

Rich,
I might take you up on that offer. I am headed down from DC sometime after they let people in.
My family has lost at least 7 homes in New Orleans when I count the Aunts and cousins. My mom's house is reportedly under 12 feet of water (which'll keep the damn looters out) but that is unconfirmed. I'll call you after I get more info.
My father is in Baton Rouge and helping organize the massive transportation effort.
I have a good friend in Slidell that rode the storm out and he owns a small trucking biz. I might be hauling him a hydraulic dump trailer down to give him more capacity for the cleanup effort (where are they going to put all that crap anyway???)
Ken Mobley
202-251-9016

kitten 08-31-2005 11:38 PM

There are some big hearts here on OSO. Count us in for some cash.

cjsdad62 08-31-2005 11:44 PM

Very awesome. I don't know many of you yet, but my vote is also for Cuda, if he has the time. Will look for the new post.

candyman35 08-31-2005 11:44 PM

We will send money when the bank is named. We feel for you guys down there. :(
Dan & Vicki

Ms PatriYacht 08-31-2005 11:52 PM

what kind of work does Eric do?

Ms PatriYacht 09-01-2005 12:09 AM

that sounds like the kind of job a lot of people on this site might be able to help with. This is what makes this situation so hard, not only are peoples homes gone but so are the businesses where they worked. I hate to say it since the tendency is to want to go back, but if there is nothing there would it be better if you are able to find a new job in a new location to go for that

bobonthis 09-01-2005 12:13 AM

I can easily get him a job doing that and a place to stay but it is in Ohio, my good friend own 5 body shops and we have a lake house that was just built that I know my family would let him use, even though we don't even know him, the problem I guessing for most of these people is relocating, but the offer is there if anyone wants to mention it to him. PM me if he is interested.

DirtyMoney 09-01-2005 12:18 AM

Just a suggestion and not sure if it is possible but what about setting a dollar figure goal and have some sort of meter showing progress on the site. It would be similar to how public access television use to do telethons and give everybody a goal to shoot for.

docmanrich37 09-01-2005 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by TRICK
Eric worked in the body shop of a new car dealership. The bridge is gone between his home and where he worked. On top of that, it's believed the dealership was under water. None of those scenarios seem likely to be resolved soon.

Trick i know 2 friends that have body shops up here.one is 15 min. from my home and the other is in Northern Va.I'll call them today and see if they can help.they are boaters too.

docmanrich37 09-01-2005 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by klmken
Rich,
I might take you up on that offer. I am headed down from DC sometime after they let people in.
My family has lost at least 7 homes in New Orleans when I count the Aunts and cousins. My mom's house is reportedly under 12 feet of water (which'll keep the damn looters out) but that is unconfirmed. I'll call you after I get more info.
My father is in Baton Rouge and helping organize the massive transportation effort.
I have a good friend in Slidell that rode the storm out and he owns a small trucking biz. I might be hauling him a hydraulic dump trailer down to give him more capacity for the cleanup effort (where are they going to put all that crap anyway???)
Ken Mobley
202-251-9016

Ken that sounds great. I have a boy that has worked for me since he was 13 and he just started college down there by Slidell,well he came back here to work for me.when he's able to go back to he's dorm i can rent a tag along trailer and fill it upto with supplies.

LubeJobs42 09-01-2005 09:38 AM

My attorney Just came by and picked up my check to open the account. He also donated $500 to the fund. He said I should post who donates money. So everyone can be kept updated on the amount raised. He also said i should post amounts donated with the persons name. If you don't want the amount you give posted, you will have to request that. He also said in the past if names and amounts are posted, more people tend to give. I will have all all info in a few hours on how to donate. Thank you for the huge response!