put dhlaw's thread back up!!!!! >

put dhlaw's thread back up!!!!!

Notices

put dhlaw's thread back up!!!!!

Old 09-03-2005, 10:31 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: put dhlaw's thread back up!!!!!

Truth hurts. Bring it back. Don't change the avatar.
Old 09-03-2005, 11:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bring it back.....however some of the posts were WAY out of hand!!
some people could really use some tact here in the posts (not this thread, the deleted one!!)

keep the info flowing, its nice to hear more than the media can supply....they seem so one sided and quick to point blame and politicize the whole trajedy!!
Old 09-03-2005, 01:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by packinair
I think that this guy isn't the only one feeling this way.. here is a first hand story I read from the corvette forum

Well last night I was watching the 6pm news when they announced the 17th street canal pumps failed.......... ///
Never in my life have I ever seen people act live savages, it was truly sicking.
Wasn't this the second post fro DhLaw's friend ??
Old 09-03-2005, 01:47 PM
Ed
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by jayboat
It 'seems' you are mistaken.

For starters, turn off your phones, your power and your water, put the food from your refrigerator in coolers and take the screens off your windows. Pretend ALL the stores and gas stations are closed and your place of business has disappeared, then go sh it behind the bushes in your yard for three or four days and come back and tell us how you feel.
Damn! You just described our situation to a tee, last week, here in Ft. Lauderdale! Things did start to get better after the fourth or fifth day. Most street lights(but not all) are back working, Most gas stations(but not all) are back up & running, power is 90% restored, our water was gone, due to one of many large ficus trees that went down & ripped out the main water supply line with it, most stores are finally open(but not all),etc., etc...This took the last two weeks to recooperate from. The situation in New Orleans was a bit different, but I can understand what happened, given the type of envirement & social science there.
Old 09-03-2005, 02:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ed
Damn! You just described our situation to a tee, last week, here in Ft. Lauderdale! Things did start to get better after the fourth or fifth day. Most street lights(but not all) are back working, Most gas stations(but not all) are back up & running, power is 90% restored, our water was gone, due to one of many large ficus trees that went down & ripped out the main water supply line with it, most stores are finally open(but not all),etc., etc...This took the last two weeks to recooperate from. The situation in New Orleans was a bit different, but I can understand what happened, given the type of envirement & social science there.
WELL......I cannot understand the behavior in NO. In Fl I have friends and relatives and heard nothing about looting, rapes, shootings, beatings, blatant attacks on police, fire, rescue, FEMA, local aid teams with their own boats, food supply helicopters being shot at etc. etc. etc. You are either a human being or an animal. In this case you decide. If this went on in Fl let us know. I highly doubt it. Life is pretty basic.There is right and wrong / good and evil. Each one of us decides the path to take and the choices to make. There is NO excuse for this behavior..... PERIOD
Old 09-04-2005, 02:24 AM
jtmiller02

I've been there before, I've lost everything in a hurricane, I've come home to a place filled with water and ate beenie weenies from the red cross. And all I can say is it makes me F*cking sick...the only pleasure is knowing these ungreatfull peices of sh*t will rot in hell for what they are doing, I only hope someone arranges the meeting sooner rather than later for them.

Old 09-04-2005, 04:10 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Criminals were NOT released. These are your everyday variety scum of the earth. What you are not being informed of are the heroic and compassionate acts that are happening by the thousands every day.
Old 09-04-2005, 06:24 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you havent lived it, you dont know jack...

After Andrew the same dregs of the earth were out terrorizing and looting. It took four or five days before the National Gaurd was able to get here and put things in order...

My heart bleeds for the good people of NO and the other affected areas. (Keep in mind we are seeing NO the most because that is where the news crews were sent, and are stuck there now.) The rest of em need a well placed shot to the forehead, then let the mighty Mississippi cary them away....
Old 09-04-2005, 06:44 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 25 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Popeyes
What you are not being informed of are the heroic and compassionate acts that are happening by the thousands every day.
And we won't hear the good on the news because they LOVE the gore and BS thats going on... thats the problem....

If they reported the good, more people would behave and be calm during the situation.... Instead, all the trapped and evacuated have been listing to the news reports and the dumb ass reporters....

I understand reporting the bad.... but be equal and tell about the good things that are happening.... Like whole communities coming together helping evacuate people... Like the people who offered food to neighbors who were hungry.... Like the woman who opened her house up to 16 neighbors who's houses were destroyed....

I HATE the news stations....
Old 09-04-2005, 08:26 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by Popeyes
Criminals were NOT released. These are your everyday variety scum of the earth. What you are not being informed of are the heroic and compassionate acts that are happening by the thousands every day.
The news only reports sensationalism???? say it isnt so j/k...Glad you and your family are doing ok Stan. I just hope this opens up our peoples and governments eyes that we reeally need to make sure that we take care of own first. Send the incumbents a message when it's time to vote. the people of this United States really need to take it back over...After all It's a government "of the people, by the people and for the people"

Quick Reply: put dhlaw's thread back up!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.