Like Tree0Likes

HELP!!! VIRGINIA Powerboaters are under FIRE!!!!!!!!

Reply
Old 09-14-2005, 08:31 AM
  #21
FIERCE ALLEGIANCE
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
 
Blue by You's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: West palm Beach, FL & SML VA
My Boats: 99 KV TOP GUN
Posts: 1,200
Default Re: HELP!!! VIRGINIA Powerboaters are under FIRE!!!!!!!!

If anybody knows who, please advise...otherwise we're lookin for volunteers to help make these calls & find out.
Blue by You is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 04:54 PM
  #22
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Can't remember.
Posts: 3,684
Default Re: HELP!!! VIRGINIA Powerboaters are under FIRE!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggressor 25
Jim,

Please let me know what I can do to help. I just bought a place at SML, on Craddock Creek this year. We must maintain our right to boat responsibly without the legislation of those who do not understand "safe speed".

Ty

[email protected]
Where have you been Ty changing diapers or something.we'll be at the condo for the wine fest sept.24 so call me or stop by if your down at SML.
docmanrich37 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 05:17 PM
  #23
Charter Member
Charter Member
 
Dean Ferry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Merritt Is. Fl. USA
My Boats: 2006 Hustler 388, 2004 Hustler Talon 25, 1999 30 Spectre cat and 2007 21' hydrostream voyager w/ Merc. 225 EFI
Posts: 6,580
Default Re: HELP!!! VIRGINIA Powerboaters are under FIRE!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede
Is there not somebody at Mercury or Brunswick Corporation that fights this type of stuff? You would think they would have a lot to lose?

Good luck! All the boat/engine manufacturers NEVER helped in any of the Manatee Zones lawsuits that have been filed by ANY of the boater rights groups, (www.cffw.org) here in Fl. They don't seem to think it will impact their bottom line, so.......
Dean
Dean Ferry is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 08:16 PM
  #24
FIERCE ALLEGIANCE
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
 
Blue by You's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: West palm Beach, FL & SML VA
My Boats: 99 KV TOP GUN
Posts: 1,200
Default Re: HELP!!! VIRGINIA Powerboaters are under FIRE!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by docmanrich37
Where have you been Ty changing diapers or something.we'll be at the condo for the wine fest sept.24 so call me or stop by if your down at SML.
Rich;

Are you going to be up this weekend?
Blue by You is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 08:58 PM
  #25
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Can't remember.
Posts: 3,684
Default Re: HELP!!! VIRGINIA Powerboaters are under FIRE!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue by You
Rich;

Are you going to be up this weekend?
No but i'm coming down thurs. afternoon until fri. afternoon to work on the shop and bring somethings down to store.i'll be back down wens of next week until sun.
docmanrich37 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 09:45 PM
  #26
Registered
 
Turbojack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Houston, TX, USA
My Boats: 2003 Eliminator 30' Daytona
Posts: 2,285
Default Re: HELP!!! VIRGINIA Powerboaters are under FIRE!!!!!!!!

Jet skis, as much as you may hate this group but almost all of them go faster then 45. Might be good ones to get on your side.

Labor day weekend I was telling a Travis county sheriffs about the accident that happened at SML. I told them about the law change where they have to have someone on the lake 24/7. I will not repeat exactly what they said but they said said "We (law enforcement) needs to decide when we need to be here". They said on weekend during the summer they hit the lake hard & heavy. During the winter & week days in the summer they hit and miss. You might work on getting that law changed. The law enforcement might even be on your side in the fight.
Turbojack is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 09:55 PM
  #27
Registered
 
Aggressor 25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Potomac River/ Smith Mtn. Lake
My Boats: Sunsation Dominator
Posts: 177
Default Re: HELP!!! VIRGINIA Powerboaters are under FIRE!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by docmanrich37
Where have you been Ty changing diapers or something.we'll be at the condo for the wine fest sept.24 so call me or stop by if your down at SML.
No diapers yet, about 4 more weeks. We sold our house in N. VA while waiting for the new place in Warrenton to be finished. Lots going on right now. Wish I was down at the lake a little more often.

I plan on making up for lost time next year
Aggressor 25 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 10:51 PM
  #28
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
Swede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Lake Norman, NC
My Boats: 1999 Spectre 30-sold
Posts: 415
Default Re: HELP!!! VIRGINIA Powerboaters are under FIRE!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojack
Jet skis, as much as you may hate this group but almost all of them go faster then 45. Might be good ones to get on your side.

Labor day weekend I was telling a Travis county sheriffs about the accident that happened at SML. I told them about the law change where they have to have someone on the lake 24/7. I will not repeat exactly what they said but they said said "We (law enforcement) needs to decide when we need to be here". They said on weekend during the summer they hit the lake hard & heavy. During the winter & week days in the summer they hit and miss. You might work on getting that law changed. The law enforcement might even be on your side in the fight.
From what I have hear the game wardens would definitly don't like that law. They would much rather be able to use extra resources on the weekends than waste all there hours during the week when they are not needed.
Swede is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 05:25 PM
  #29
FIERCE ALLEGIANCE
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
 
Blue by You's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: West palm Beach, FL & SML VA
My Boats: 99 KV TOP GUN
Posts: 1,200
Default Re: HELP!!! VIRGINIA Powerboaters are under FIRE!!!!!!!!

Another poll: Go ahead & vote. There has also been some new changes. There is 2-4 board members still looking at speed & noise as a safety issue, even though the USCG has said sound does NOT pose any safety threat & with the exception of the latest accident...neither has speed. Eitherway...they want all power boaters off the lake. (And YES John P I'm talking about you... you're the one who has written the 3+ articles stating that you want YOUR lake back from us arrogant powerboaters. Guess what...it's not your lake)

http://www.smithmountaineagle.com/
Blue by You is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 05:55 PM
  #30
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Can't remember.
Posts: 3,684
Default Re: HELP!!! VIRGINIA Powerboaters are under FIRE!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue by You
Another poll: Go ahead & vote. There has also been some new changes. There is 2-4 board members still looking at speed & noise as a safety issue, even though the USCG has said sound does NOT pose any safety threat & with the exception of the latest accident...neither has speed. Eitherway...they want all power boaters off the lake. (And YES John P I'm talking about you... you're the one who has written the 3+ articles stating that you want YOUR lake back from us arrogant powerboaters. Guess what...it's not your lake)

http://www.smithmountaineagle.com/
Shh. their watching us.lol
docmanrich37 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Sydwayz
General Boating Discussion
29
08-17-2005 11:38 AM
CBlakeNS
General Boating Discussion
4
04-26-2004 02:16 PM
Shanghied Again
General Boating Discussion
10
12-08-2002 11:28 AM
RiverGirl
General Boating Discussion
12
04-10-2002 05:57 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:38 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.