Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
HELP!!! VIRGINIA Powerboaters are under FIRE!!!!!!!! >

HELP!!! VIRGINIA Powerboaters are under FIRE!!!!!!!!

Notices

HELP!!! VIRGINIA Powerboaters are under FIRE!!!!!!!!

Old 09-14-2005, 07:31 AM
FIERCE ALLEGIANCE
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: HELP!!! VIRGINIA Powerboaters are under FIRE!!!!!!!!

If anybody knows who, please advise...otherwise we're lookin for volunteers to help make these calls & find out.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:54 PM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Aggressor 25
Jim,

Please let me know what I can do to help. I just bought a place at SML, on Craddock Creek this year. We must maintain our right to boat responsibly without the legislation of those who do not understand "safe speed".

Ty

[email protected]
Where have you been Ty changing diapers or something.we'll be at the condo for the wine fest sept.24 so call me or stop by if your down at SML.
Old 09-14-2005, 04:17 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Swede
Is there not somebody at Mercury or Brunswick Corporation that fights this type of stuff? You would think they would have a lot to lose?

Good luck! All the boat/engine manufacturers NEVER helped in any of the Manatee Zones lawsuits that have been filed by ANY of the boater rights groups, (www.cffw.org) here in Fl. They don't seem to think it will impact their bottom line, so.......
Dean
Old 09-14-2005, 07:16 PM
FIERCE ALLEGIANCE
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by docmanrich37
Where have you been Ty changing diapers or something.we'll be at the condo for the wine fest sept.24 so call me or stop by if your down at SML.
Rich;

Are you going to be up this weekend?
Old 09-14-2005, 07:58 PM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Blue by You
Rich;

Are you going to be up this weekend?
No but i'm coming down thurs. afternoon until fri. afternoon to work on the shop and bring somethings down to store.i'll be back down wens of next week until sun.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:45 PM
Registered

Jet skis, as much as you may hate this group but almost all of them go faster then 45. Might be good ones to get on your side.

Labor day weekend I was telling a Travis county sheriffs about the accident that happened at SML. I told them about the law change where they have to have someone on the lake 24/7. I will not repeat exactly what they said but they said said "We (law enforcement) needs to decide when we need to be here". They said on weekend during the summer they hit the lake hard & heavy. During the winter & week days in the summer they hit and miss. You might work on getting that law changed. The law enforcement might even be on your side in the fight.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by docmanrich37
No diapers yet, about 4 more weeks. We sold our house in N. VA while waiting for the new place in Warrenton to be finished. Lots going on right now. Wish I was down at the lake a little more often.

I plan on making up for lost time next year
Old 09-14-2005, 09:51 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbojack
Jet skis, as much as you may hate this group but almost all of them go faster then 45. Might be good ones to get on your side.

Labor day weekend I was telling a Travis county sheriffs about the accident that happened at SML. I told them about the law change where they have to have someone on the lake 24/7. I will not repeat exactly what they said but they said said "We (law enforcement) needs to decide when we need to be here". They said on weekend during the summer they hit the lake hard & heavy. During the winter & week days in the summer they hit and miss. You might work on getting that law changed. The law enforcement might even be on your side in the fight.
From what I have hear the game wardens would definitly don't like that law. They would much rather be able to use extra resources on the weekends than waste all there hours during the week when they are not needed.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:25 PM
FIERCE ALLEGIANCE
Platinum Member

Another poll: Go ahead & vote. There has also been some new changes. There is 2-4 board members still looking at speed & noise as a safety issue, even though the USCG has said sound does NOT pose any safety threat & with the exception of the latest accident...neither has speed. Eitherway...they want all power boaters off the lake. (And YES John P I'm talking about you... you're the one who has written the 3+ articles stating that you want YOUR lake back from us arrogant powerboaters. Guess what...it's not your lake)

http://www.smithmountaineagle.com/
Old 10-31-2005, 04:55 PM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Blue by You
Another poll: Go ahead & vote. There has also been some new changes. There is 2-4 board members still looking at speed & noise as a safety issue, even though the USCG has said sound does NOT pose any safety threat & with the exception of the latest accident...neither has speed. Eitherway...they want all power boaters off the lake. (And YES John P I'm talking about you... you're the one who has written the 3+ articles stating that you want YOUR lake back from us arrogant powerboaters. Guess what...it's not your lake)

http://www.smithmountaineagle.com/
Shh. their watching us.lol

Quick Reply: HELP!!! VIRGINIA Powerboaters are under FIRE!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.