Notices

stolen/scop./cobrarace

Old 09-14-2005, 10:58 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default stolen/scop./cobrarace

Hey Nick, Sorry to here about your boat, people are always out to screw someone,and it's always someone's pride and joy. The Cobra is here and i've given up and bought a 25' powerplay with egg beaters. I have almost choped the deck off many times, but don't have the heart to turn it into a fishing boat. It desevres to be put back together and run. It was the first powerplay and Dan W. had the picture of it in his office. Got it at p.p. auction. I have so many cool and new parts and will basically give the boat away with trailer, gauges, crash boxes, drivelines,and seats and interion from p.p. auction.The trailer got to be worth 3000, gauges 2000,other parts acouple of 1000's, boat hull 3-5000. 8500.00 seems very fair to right person, and remember the boat is aclassic and very fast. Yes is does need glass work, but when your done bustin your a** you'll have a nice piece. good luck ,I hope you find your boat. Thanks Jason.
Old 09-17-2005, 10:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: stolen/scop./cobrarace

I would love to see the pic you bought at the powerplay auction...could I get a copy? I am seriously thinking about the cobra. It just seems like a lot of work and I wonder what I would have to pay to make it right. I know the transom is gone and I thought you said part of the stringers were rotted. I love the boat...I just don't want to get over my head with it. It just looks pretty rough. Bottom line, can it be fixed without breaking the bank? Did Dan W. build that boat? I know Performer Cobra was the last to build that boat before Dan got the molds and called it Powerplay after his race boat's name. Did he work at Performer boats in Fort Lauderdale or did he acquire it from them? What happened to Dan W.? I'm definitely going to buy somebody's project hull...after losing mine, I'm heart broken.