Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anyone else see TOMCAT out yesterday in the Bay? >

Anyone else see TOMCAT out yesterday in the Bay?

Notices

Anyone else see TOMCAT out yesterday in the Bay?

Old 09-21-2005, 08:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Anyone else see TOMCAT out yesterday in the Bay?

insptech: Thanks for the offer regarding the races, but I think we're set. We are planning to boat down to Cambridge on Sat. for lunch and to check out the race boats. We will drive down on Sun to watch the race from the Hyatt's pier. It's a great event at a fantastic location. If you see us, please say hello.

Racing Fan: Sorry we missed you. We live in southern NJ, in Franklin Twp. (30 miles west of Atlantic City).

Jim & I appreciate all the nice comments. We think it's really neat that anyone even notices us!

Don't let Snagglepuss fool you, his boat is very fast and he loves to run it!
Old 09-21-2005, 08:27 AM
Registered

Re: Anyone else see TOMCAT out yesterday in the Bay?

Jean...is that you???.....I just talked to Jim. We are going to try to go Saturday for lunch. We'll talk.....give us a call.
Old 09-21-2005, 08:42 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It would be great to meet you all. I'll be the one wandering around the Hyatt with the harried look and a radio

If you have issues at the Hyatt, give me a call on my cell 301-742-7601 and I'll see what I can do. I don't really have control of the slips but we can probably get you into our spaces for a while. Heck, your boats are as much of a show as the race boats Don't forget there is a poker run going on too, so it will get crazy at about 4:00 or so. Testing for the races is 1-3 so keep an eye out.
Old 09-21-2005, 08:51 AM
Registered

Awesome I really appreciate that....I know the drill for the poker run and races and limited space...we will take any help we can get to tie up for a bit to have lunch and check out the race boats. Would love to do the poker run but just did Rock the Bay and don't have enough time to get ready. Look forward to meeting you.....Rick and Michelle
Old 09-21-2005, 09:29 AM
Registered

Re: Anyone else see TOMCAT out yesterday in the Bay?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey this is the white Talon Snagglepuss....I'll clear the record on Tomcat......That boat is possessed!!! I had the experience of getting spanked pretty soundly by Jim and Jean. I thought I was broke when he cruised by me at 147 (gps)one day when we were out playin' around. Awesome boat owned by two awesome people!!

I'll second clearing the record. I was running a mere 110 when Rick and Michelle came screaming into view and within seconds Jim and Jean passed them in a matter of seconds. Those two boats sure get a lot out of HP500s. Judy and I just watched in pleasure as they both ran by us.
Jean, unless I am mistaken, didn't Jim beat Art in Baltimore, or was it in OC?

Looking forward to Sunday. We are meeting Debi K. at the docks on Sunday, docking our boat and riding with her. She said she thought she was going to be a turn boat.
Old 09-21-2005, 09:49 AM
Registered

Hey Shawn! Jim did come in first place in Baltimore that year, thanks for asking! I'm sure you remember, that was a really fun race. I guess you won't be able to make lunch on Sat., since you are boating down on Sunday. Let me know.

Can't wait to see you and Michelle on Saturday, Rick.

Jean
Old 09-21-2005, 09:50 AM
Registered

Shawn foward Looking to see you sunday. I trust you will be able to keep your pants on all day!

Last edited by mmwalters; 09-21-2005 at 09:55 AM.
Old 09-21-2005, 09:53 AM
Registered

Michael, looking forward to seeing you on Sunday too, you know me and my pants. LOL
Old 09-21-2005, 12:01 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Deb is going to be a turn boat. Make sure to bring a camera Wanna be a turn judge Shawn??
Old 09-21-2005, 01:29 PM
Registered

Ted, I would love to be a turn judge. What do you need me to do? I will also bring the camera.

Shawn

Quick Reply: Anyone else see TOMCAT out yesterday in the Bay?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.