Notices

Hurricane Rita

Old 09-23-2005, 09:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Hurricane Rita

Hello Texans, on Wen. morning I took the 2nd load of food, water and supplies to the Star of Hope Mission Wrhs. at 1025 Lockwood Dr. in Houston. They have a 5 big Wrhs full of stuff now. So if it doesn't get wiped out there will be supplies there for you when you get back. This was the 3rd load I have raised and hauled to the south in the past 3 weeks, I was going to call it quits, but I think I'll bring another as soon as I see what area needs it the most after Rita is dead, So if there is any OSO brothers out there that needs anything or knows of a good location to bring it to please let me know after the storm is over. Take care and god bless. JB
Attached Thumbnails Hurricane Rita-katrina-relief-1.jpg   Hurricane Rita-katrina-relief-2.jpg   Hurricane Rita-katrina-relief-3.jpg  

Old 09-23-2005, 09:45 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thunderusone
Mark, be safe!!! We will be praying for you guys up here in Tennessee. Let us know if there is antyhing we can do after it passes.

Thanks John,

It was so quiet here last night it was scary. We normaly can hear traffic on I-10 east on a quiet night(4 miles south). It was just as quiet as if I was 50 miles from anywhere. The crickets were still working though!

There are a small group of us that are going to stay. Even if you leave there is no gas for 1-200 miles in any direction and we are well positioned to keep an eye on the neighbourhood for everyone that left.

As a last resort i still have a 40' steel cargo container that was put here when I built the house. Almost sold it a few weeks ago. Glad I didn't. I think I will put it behind the shop when I get that built.

I have to go and figure out how to strap down the well tank and propane tank as I just realized that they are not bolted down.

Later
Old 09-23-2005, 10:02 AM
Registered

My little brother (27 yrs old) called to tell me he is doing some video/tv work for ABC news in Beaumont. Anyway, he'll have access to satellites and phones so if anyone needs to reach loved ones in the area and you can't get through, please feel free to contact me so we can try to help. You can reach me via email ([email protected]) or my cell (803-309-3571). You can also PM if you'd like.

Best of luck to everyone in Texas and Louisiana...you're in our thoughts and prayers!

~Cat

Last edited by Sunrise Girl; 09-23-2005 at 10:04 AM.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:14 AM

Wobble, I think I would throw chains over that container and dig DEEP holes in the ground and cement the chains in there before I got inside. JB
Old 09-23-2005, 11:26 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

spk ... my dad is in Pasadena texas also.. he and my step dad were asked to stay and keep their construction/demolition equipment for the relief effort after the storm... I went to Livingston... I hope all is well for those who stayed back.

Ernie
Old 09-23-2005, 01:30 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Wobble
Thanks John,

It was so quiet here last night it was scary. We normaly can hear traffic on I-10 east on a quiet night(4 miles south). It was just as quiet as if I was 50 miles from anywhere. The crickets were still working though!

There are a small group of us that are going to stay. Even if you leave there is no gas for 1-200 miles in any direction and we are well positioned to keep an eye on the neighbourhood for everyone that left.

As a last resort i still have a 40' steel cargo container that was put here when I built the house. Almost sold it a few weeks ago. Glad I didn't. I think I will put it behind the shop when I get that built.

I have to go and figure out how to strap down the well tank and propane tank as I just realized that they are not bolted down.

Later
Those can be channel markers for your new jetski track. I hope you dont have any damage and we can laugh at that in couple of days!
Old 09-23-2005, 01:30 PM
Registered

Livingston doesnt look very good right now, good luck.

CM
Old 09-23-2005, 02:25 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JB4Boyne
Wobble, I think I would throw chains over that container and dig DEEP holes in the ground and cement the chains in there before I got inside. JB
I estimate that the container weighs 8 tons as it sits with all my stuff in there. Hopefully wont need that option. The house is new and was built with high winds in mind. We put metal strapping on all the joints and also built a super strong hiding hole under the stairs.

The latest is that it is cat 3 and the eye may pass 40-100 miles east of our position.

It has started getting overcast and fairly breezy at this time.

JB4Boyne, Thanks for all your efforts bringing goods down here. I am sure there will be many that need them after this is over.

Beaumont looks like the place not to be at this time.

Good luck to everyone facing RITA
Old 09-23-2005, 02:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JB4Boyne
Hello Texans, on Wen. morning I took the 2nd load of food, water and supplies to the Star of Hope Mission Wrhs. at 1025 Lockwood Dr. in Houston. They have a 5 big Wrhs full of stuff now. So if it doesn't get wiped out there will be supplies there for you when you get back. This was the 3rd load I have raised and hauled to the south in the past 3 weeks, I was going to call it quits, but I think I'll bring another as soon as I see what area needs it the most after Rita is dead, So if there is any OSO brothers out there that needs anything or knows of a good location to bring it to please let me know after the storm is over. Take care and god bless. JB
Thanks

Hopefully when Rita blows over the stores will open back up & trucks can get the stores supplied. Going to the office this morning there were very few cars on the outbound lanes. A lot different view from 11pm last night. The side of the road is full of cars & truck that were left abanded. There were new one & old ones. On my trip back home the sides of the roads were littered with trash & empty bottles & cans. I counted 3 dead animals that I guess died on people & they then left them on the side of the road.

We are 60 miles inland, storm has not hit land yet, sun is out & wind is blowing like a real windy day right now.

My son said their were 20 people at the fire station waiting for the storm to go by. He said this morning they gave him orders that if they get called out on a fire only 1 truck was to be dispatched. They need to go thru house to make sure no one is inside & then get out & back to a secure location.

Some friends of ours just showed up, nothing else to do so time to start the party, drink & pray.
Old 09-23-2005, 02:43 PM
Charter Member #319
Charter Member

Hold on tight

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΈ!

Quick Reply: Hurricane Rita

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.